PDA

View Full Version : Not the Sachs!!!!!!!!!

MorganColeman
12-18-2008, 03:54 PM
This is a tragedy!
http://www.velonews.com/article/86089/scuffle-at-kansas-city-cyclocross-nationals

Looking at the pic makes me squeamish. No respect for the Sachs!

Morgan

fourflys
12-18-2008, 04:04 PM
"She said she held one of the scufflers in a headlock. "I saw my brother getting the crap kicked out of him; I had to do something," she said. "

This was talking about Jonathan Page's wife...now, that's a good spouse for you! :D

Louis
12-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Don't mess with those Missouri boys...

Blue Jays
12-18-2008, 04:28 PM
"...There were no serious injuries and no one wanted to prosecute, so it's up to Mr. Sachs to pursue this civilly..."The officer will be pleased to know e-RICHIE©™® is always civil and a complete gentleman, too!
Sorry to hear about the trampled bikes during the melee. :(

gone
12-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Gosh people are morons.

Elefantino
12-18-2008, 04:41 PM
"We have precision instruments here and then 600 pounds of person falls on them," Sachs said.
Priceless.

gdw
12-18-2008, 05:38 PM
"We have precision instruments here and then 600 pounds of person falls on them," Sachs said.

And that never happens in a race?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZyi-ZfpkEs :banana:

Bruce K
12-18-2008, 06:01 PM
I don't remember the last time one of Richie's bikes was totalled in a race as happened here.

While racing damage is "part of the game" if it ever happens, no one plans for damage, it's just accepted as such.

Several other bikes were damaged beyond the one that was "totaled".

Richie spends many hours building these bikes and working with sponsors to keep the team going. Noone, whether it be a solo racer or a pro team should tolerate this kind of BS behavior.

The damage (from my understanding) runs from scuffed paint on at least one frame to at least the one frame being rendered unusable. I don't know the extent of damage to wheels and other parts from these morons pushing each other into, over, and on top of the team bikes.

I hope Richie extracts every last nickel it takes to repair or replace the broken items.At least one guy has offered to pay his 1/3 from what I have read.

BK

gemship
12-18-2008, 06:12 PM
a little ot but what's up with the black,red and white stripes thru the text of Velo news articles. Does this happen to anybody else?

JonB
12-18-2008, 06:22 PM
Is it normal to have a bunch of team bikes lying on the ground like this? To me, this seems a bit irresponsible, especially if they're such high dollar items.

chuckred
12-18-2008, 06:41 PM
Is it normal to have a bunch of team bikes lying on the ground like this? To me, this seems a bit irresponsible, especially if they're such high dollar items.

Nothing can happen to a bike on the ground (unless it's by a road or parking lot) unless someone does something.

gemship
12-18-2008, 06:47 PM

Not really. Most of the time the bikes are set nice on racks,stands but sometimes the easiest thing to to do is just set a bike on the soft earth with the drivetrain side up. Anyway there has to be some kind of class that applies to anything in life really. Just because the bikes on the ground doesn't mean we step on them and those guys fighting over what? Silly fools, the third dude admitted fault and then goes on to say he didn't even really know why he got involved but he'll pay for his third of the damages. Jeesh, ***? People need to take a class in etiquette and practice exercise, proper diet. Too much ADD in the world.

e-RICHIE
12-18-2008, 07:32 PM

earth to jon atmo -
there were about 40 bicycles systematically placed there because our
sponsor, vergesport, transports them out and back for us and other
new england clients. they were there for at least an hour before this
all occured and theoretically go in the trailer based on which team
will pick them up first when the rig gets to the hudson valley atmo.

Viper
12-18-2008, 07:45 PM

I lay my bike down, port side in the dirt. And if anyone jumped on it, I'd knock their front teeth out and ask questions later. If I were at a race and it was my race bike, I'd let the white trash duke it out/break the bikes and sue the fools later. What's worse, a dental bill or a lawsuit? I dunno. The elves on the Island of Misfits just gained a few more idiots, those cats at the race sound like simpletons who might've had too much to drink? :confused:

rumor atmo: Patrick Swayze was just hired by Team ATMO. Nobody puts baby in the corner. I always, always had a thing for Kelly Lynch and Sam Elliot is Sean Kelly without the bike.

e-RICHIE
12-18-2008, 08:00 PM
<snip> and Sam Elliot is <cut>

never and i mean never hang with cats with two first names atmo.

TomP
12-18-2008, 08:21 PM
Sorry to say, but I am disgusted with the amount of anger some people have and cannot control. ATMO, the person who started it all with his big mouth was looking to start something and should be ashamed of himself.

Monthly Payment
12-18-2008, 08:36 PM
Sorry to say, but I am disgusted with the amount of anger some people have and cannot control. ATMO, the person who started it all with his big mouth was looking to start something and should be ashamed of himself.

Gee................I may be responsible for my actions? Who thunkit?

The fool who was heckling Page is getting his 15 minutes of fame. Hopefully it costs him thousands. Great job, Cale. To add to Cale's brilliance (or lack thereof), his argument that he was only 1/3rd of the trouble is legally and morally troublesome. Although I did go to law school a long time ago, I don't know what MO's standards of causation are. I can say that from what I can from the pics, the two guys were pushing the other guy (who I presume is Book) towards the bikes as he's falling over. If he was getting pushed leading up to the bikes, then I don't think he has much or an argument that Book was at fault as much as he was.

gdw
12-18-2008, 09:41 PM
The only people who will get any money out of this fiasco are the lawyers if it goes to court since it will be pretty difficult for someone living in Conn to sue multiple parties from other states over an incident which occurred in Missouri. Hopefully the idiots involved will accept responsibility for their actions and pay for the damages.

runtimmyc
12-18-2008, 10:01 PM
http://www.trailwatch.net/2008/cross/kansas/elite/imgpages/image008.html

I knew something wasn't quite right with this guy (which ever one it was)

gone
12-18-2008, 10:10 PM
Hopefully the idiots involved will accept responsibility for their actions and pay for the damages.

I'll give long odds against that happening :D

Viper
12-18-2008, 10:19 PM
http://www.trailwatch.net/2008/cross/kansas/elite/imgpages/image008.html

I knew something wasn't quite right with this guy (which ever one it was)

I knew it! He has a tattoo! I'm telling you, not that there's anything wrong with tatts, but if you have one, my dog has to sniff you before you can come on the property.

The ladies, all they wanna do is race and have fun:

http://www.trailwatch.net/2008/cross/kansas/elite/imgpages/image053.html

It's always the cutters causing trouble.

TAW
12-18-2008, 10:37 PM
That's the beauty of living here in Missouri; any event can be turned into an all-star wrestling match! :D

Viper
12-18-2008, 10:39 PM
That's the beauty of living here in Missouri; any event can be turned into an all-star wrestling match! :D

Are there lots of tattoo parlors? :confused:

:D

rustychisel
12-18-2008, 11:47 PM
It's always the cutters causing trouble.

Ha ha, nice.

Mind you, a cycle is more easily replaced than a man's reputation.

Bruce K
12-19-2008, 05:08 AM
Thanks Viper.

That's our local hero Mo Bruno-Roy. She is one of the nicest people walking this planet and a pretty solid bike racer to boot.

BK

soulspinner
12-19-2008, 05:13 AM
The Missouri guy oughta try racin in Europe.

Ti Designs
12-19-2008, 08:33 AM
an amateur racer from Springfield, Missouri, began yelling at Page from outside the trailer, telling him that he should go back to Europe and stop making excuses for his performance.

This is something that I know happens a lot, but I'll never understand it. The root of the anger is Page's failure to perform up to his expectations. You here this all the time, even on this forum. You don't have to go far to get someone's opinion that some pro athlete sucks. The guy wants to live his life through JP, and he's angry that life isn't somehow better - doesn't he have his own life?

Bikes get damaged, even ones with soul. Get over it.

Viper
12-19-2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks Viper.

That's our local hero Mo Bruno-Roy. She is one of the nicest people walking this planet and a pretty solid bike racer to boot.

BK

She has a very nice nose, the front door to the face. That pic was the opposite of the two tools hugging eachother.

Will this debacle pull e-RICHIE out of semi-retirement, are tanks of gas being dropped off at his batcave, tubi from Italy being flown in and I'd like to know if SRAM took the abuse like we know Campy can? :confused:

Dekonick
12-19-2008, 12:52 PM
This is something that I know happens a lot, but I'll never understand it. The root of the anger is Page's failure to perform up to his expectations. You here this all the time, even on this forum. You don't have to go far to get some one's opinion that some pro athlete sucks. The guy wants to live his life through JP, and he's angry that life isn't somehow better - doesn't he have his own life?

Bikes get damaged, even ones with soul. Get over it.

Yes - accidents happen. THIS WAS NO ACCIDENT. Soul or no, Sachs or Huffy, it matters not. The fact that this A$$hole got drunk, and obnoxious (which he said he was going to do - READ - premeditated - as HE posted on his blog) and then caused damage to an innocent person/team's bikes - guess what? He (and parties involved) should pay to have it repaired.

If you think the RS cyclocross team works on a multi million dollar budget think again.

My 2 cents...

:cool:

MassBiker
12-19-2008, 03:12 PM
While I am not defending this guys actions, is it really fair for a bunch of people to rip the guy on the internet when they really don't know the full story?
Everyone, or at least a large numer of people, get pi$$ed up and make mistakes at some point
I have read more than one report from an eyewitness that he didn't even start the physical confrontation so who pays for the bikes in that case, JP's brotther in law for starting the physical fight?

Go to any pro sport and listen to the heckling that goes on, it isn't something new or shocking.

Again, I am not defending the guy and I think it is getting blown completely out of proportions but if you don't know the facts let it die.

:beer:

Bruce K
12-19-2008, 03:28 PM
In my mind it doesn't matter who started it or why. The bottom line is that people got out of hand and caused significant damge to an innocent party's property.

They ALL should be responsible for making that innocent party whole.

The flip side is sort of like saying "Well the insurance company is paying, so who gets hurt?" We ALL do.

Antics like this reflect badly on our sport and it's demographic at a time when sponsorships are drying up faster than the Sahara Desert in every major sport.

Richard works hard to find and satisfy his sponsors. Hopefully the current economic climate won't affect him for next season. The developement of riders like Justin Spinelli and Wil Dugan say volumes of what Richard is all about. It's not just about the frames.... it's about the sport.

BK

MassBiker
12-19-2008, 03:34 PM
I agree with you and it is unfortunate that a completely innocent party suffered the most from this but I wouldn't be shocked if the parties involved straightened things out amongst themselves.

Maybe they are "cross hooligans"!

Viper
12-19-2008, 03:45 PM
In my mind it doesn't matter who started it or why. The bottom line is that people got out of hand and caused significant damge to an innocent party's property.

They ALL should be responsible for making that innocent party whole.

The flip side is sort of like saying "Well the insurance company is paying, so who gets hurt?" We ALL do.

Antics like this reflect badly on our sport and it's demographic at a time when sponsorships are drying up faster than the Sahara Desert in every major sport.

Richard works hard to find and satisfy his sponsors. Hopefully the current economic climate won't affect him for next season. The developement of riders like Justin Spinelli and Wil Dugan say volumes of what Richard is all about. It's not just about the frames.... it's about the sport.

BK

+100%.

It doesn't look good and inspire sponsorships.

If you need me to come out of retirement next year, let me know. I will, if that's what it'll take to inject interest and money and women :beer: :

BumbleBeeDave
12-19-2008, 03:56 PM
While I am not defending this guys actions, is it really fair for a bunch of people to rip the guy on the internet when they really don't know the full story?
Everyone, or at least a large numer of people, get pi$$ed up and make mistakes at some point
I have read more than one report from an eyewitness that he didn't even start the physical confrontation so who pays for the bikes in that case, JP's brotther in law for starting the physical fight?

Go to any pro sport and listen to the heckling that goes on, it isn't something new or shocking.

Again, I am not defending the guy and I think it is getting blown completely out of proportions but if you don't know the facts let it die.

. . . mentioned the whole thing was videotaped. Perhaps it will end up on YouTube and we can watch and each decide for ourselves.

BBD

MassBiker
12-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Now that video would make an interesting ebay auction!

e-RICHIE
12-19-2008, 04:14 PM
. . . mentioned the whole thing was videotaped. Perhaps it will end up on YouTube and we can watch and each decide for ourselves.

BBD

the video was avaliable at the scene and all involved parties viewed it atmo.

BumbleBeeDave
12-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Patrick O'Grady weighs in!

http://www.velonews.com/article/86104/columnist-patrick-o-grady-weighs-in-on-the-kansas-city

BBD

Blue Jays
12-19-2008, 04:38 PM
Hopefully that will help encourage the amateur pugilists to be as honest as possible.
Those halfwits clearly weren't thinking about consequences for their actions.

soulspinner
12-19-2008, 05:24 PM
Patrick O'Grady weighs in!

http://www.velonews.com/article/86104/columnist-patrick-o-grady-weighs-in-on-the-kansas-city

BBD

If the wife of the guy whos vehicle you damaged can take ya, youd best keep yer pie hole shut...love it

rounder
12-19-2008, 10:50 PM
It's a bummer that it happened. Best wishes for getting the bikes repaired/replaced and for continued success.

uno-speedo
12-23-2008, 08:28 AM
Video of events.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rkLXxVRPts&eurl=http://cyclofile&feature=player_embedded

runtimmyc
12-23-2008, 10:33 AM
I would say that one guy is more than 75% responsible, IMHO.

soulspinner
12-23-2008, 12:17 PM
In cross of all things. If JP is your enemy why give him more motivation? If hes your friend nobody needs friends like that... :bike:

William
12-24-2008, 05:58 AM
Those guys need to come spend some time at my place. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

William

Blue Jays
12-24-2008, 06:28 AM
/\/\ At least you'll make their Post-'Cross Fights more compelling!
Those jerks still need to get out their checkbooks for e-Richie's bikes.

William
12-24-2008, 06:55 AM
/\/\ At least you'll make their Post-'Cross Fights more compelling!
Those jerks still need to get out their checkbooks for e-Richie's bikes.

That....and teach them how to end it before it ever got to the bikes in the first place.

William