PDA

View Full Version : any good toe covers in white?

vqdriver
12-17-2008, 07:45 PM
my shoes are white and look silly with my black toe covers. any good white ones?

BumbleBeeDave
12-17-2008, 07:59 PM
. . . with a can of Krylon . . . :rolleyes: ;)

BBD

Blue Jays
12-17-2008, 08:05 PM
The Inferno A&F Pro Development Cycling Team (sponsored in part by Kenda tires) runs booties that are white on the exterior half and black on the inside half of the bootie facing the drivetrain.
Good luck with your search.

Don49
12-17-2008, 08:51 PM
http://www.kucharik.com/

Kucharik could likely make what you want.

happycampyer
12-17-2008, 09:04 PM
Maybe take a look at the Assos toe cover--they're black, but the airblock fabric has white dots and the elastic has the alternating colors, so you might be able to live with the look. Personally, I wouldn't have a problem wearing black toe covers with white shoes, and I think that it would be a pain to keep white ones clean.

Elefantino
12-18-2008, 07:07 AM
Cut the toes off gym socks?

Ti Designs
12-18-2008, 07:37 AM
I don't understand the question.

giordana93
12-18-2008, 08:16 AM
I don't understand the question.
+1
don't you know you're not supposed to wear white after Labor Day? and I thought these people knew something about fashion.

equally sarcastic answer, but with a bit more info: toe covers? for the same reason I don't own knee warmers: if it's cold enough for knee warmers, it's cold enough for tights; if it's cold enough for toe covers, it's cold enough for a real booty. there are also those shoe covers made by defeet that aren't really booties, just tougher sock material. you can get them in white. or other fashionable colors.

Michael Maddox
12-18-2008, 08:37 AM
Clark (to Cousin Eddie):
"You shouldn't have. I mean you REALLY shouldn't have."

vqdriver
12-18-2008, 10:56 AM
+1
if it's cold enough for knee warmers, it's cold enough for tights; if it's cold enough for toe covers, it's cold enough for a real booty.

i agree with you there. problem is that i'm in southern cal and it doesn't really get THAT cold here. so early morning rides chill my piggies, but a full booty, which i have, don't vent enough so i get the uncomfortable sauna sensation by the end of the ride. hence........ toe covers..

giordana93
12-18-2008, 11:21 AM
i agree with you there. problem is that i'm in southern cal and it doesn't really get THAT cold here. so early morning rides chill my piggies, but a full booty, which i have, don't vent enough so i get the uncomfortable sauna sensation by the end of the ride. hence........ toe covers..
I figured as much. It's just that I'm bitter b/c I'm in Cleveland. and not a native, if you know what I mean. so I have to take it out on you guys in the warmer climes.
dunno if the defeet shoe covers would provide enough warmth, but they wouldn't get clammy. longscycles has them for $12

bzbvh5
12-18-2008, 11:38 AM
my shoes are white and look silly with my black toe covers. any good white ones?
You wear shoes that make you walk like a duck, spandex shorts, a shirt with 3 pockets on the back and more advertising than a NASCAR, and a hat that doesn't protect you from the sun or the rain. Most of these pieces have some reflective areas as well, and you're afraid of looking silly? Get the black, you won't have to wash them after every ride.

vqdriver
12-18-2008, 11:39 AM
LOL :D

good point