PDA

View Full Version : Rock Racing Folding??

davidlee
12-15-2008, 03:59 PM
http://nyvelocity.com/

I have no idea if this is true or not.. Any of you SOcals have your finger on the pulse of this?
I was wondering with all the latest rumors and leavings.
Hmmmm

David Kirk
12-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Who would have thunk that they'd blow up after having such quality folks involved?

Yes that is sarcasm.

Dave

johnnymossville
12-15-2008, 04:18 PM
I hope it's not true, but it probably is. They're entertaining, something cycling needs if it wants to appeal to more than the flashy spandex crowd.

Viper
12-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Been waiting for this. During the faux economy, $150.00 jeans were cool. Now, Brett Favre in Wranglers is where it's at. While I don't wish Michael Ball ill will, nor Rock Racing, please, he's another one who needs meds in his stocking.

Reading this, the man exposes himself for what he is:

http://velonews.com/article/13787

johnnymossville
12-15-2008, 04:27 PM
Maybe MB had all of his money with Madoff?

bironi
12-15-2008, 05:25 PM
I'll miss their cheerleaders. :beer:

happycampyer
12-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Guess they blew the budget on those 2-page "Here to stay" ads.

BumbleBeeDave
12-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Guess they blew the budget on those 2-page "Here to stay" ads.

. . . you beat me to it!

BBD

Steve in SLO
12-15-2008, 06:37 PM
I just returned from the neighborhood Starbucks (sorry McD's) where I struck up a conversation with a nice young woman in a Rock Racing shirt. It went something like this:

Me: Is that a Rock Racing shirt?
Her: Yes, it is!
Me: Where did yo get it?
Her: In Palm Springs. They have a store out there.
Me: Did you hear about the team disbanding?
Her: What team?
Me: The Rock Racing cycling team.
Her: I didn't know they had a team.

With a customer base like that, I'm not convinced the team is selling a lot of denim.

happycampyer
12-15-2008, 07:01 PM
I just returned from the neighborhood Starbucks (sorry McD's) where I struck up a conversation with a nice young woman in a Rock Racing shirt. It went something like this:

Me: Is that a Rock Racing shirt?
Her: Yes, it is!
Me: Where did yo get it?
Her: In Palm Springs. They have a store out there.
Me: Did you hear about the team disbanding?
Her: What team?
Me: The Rock Racing cycling team.
Her: I didn't know they had a team.

With a customer base like that, I'm not convinced the team is selling a lot of denim.That's funny, because before MB sponsored the team, I had never heard of Ball or Rock & Republic... pretty sure I had never seen a pair of their jeans and AFAIK I still haven't and don't have any desire to buy any, so I guess it works both ways!

Flat Out
12-15-2008, 07:20 PM
Now, Brett Favre in Wranglers is where it's at.

lol. Really? According to Brett Favre or Dale Jr. maybe. I haven't seen anybody my age in Wranglers since Jr. High in the 80's. Fo reals.

Steve in SLO
12-15-2008, 08:32 PM
lol. Really? According to Brett Favre or Dale Jr. maybe. I haven't seen anybody my age in Wranglers since Jr. High in the 80's. Fo reals.

I see guys in Wranglers all the time around here, but they have Skoal circles in the back pockets.

texbike
12-15-2008, 09:12 PM
I see guys in Wranglers all the time around here, but they have Skoal circles in the back pockets.

I always thought that Wrangler was missing out on a marketing opportunity by not offering a special edition version of their jeans called "Skoal Can Wranglers". Instead of taking years to wear that spot into the right rear pocket themselves, the buyer could purchase the jeans with the little Skoal can circles already worn into them at the factory. Sort of like red-neck acid washed jeans.

They'd be big sellers here in Texas! :)

Texbike

davidlee
12-15-2008, 09:36 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/dec08/dec16news

William
12-16-2008, 04:51 AM
I always thought that Wrangler was missing out on a marketing opportunity by not offering a special edition version of their jeans called "Skoal Can Wranglers". Instead of taking years to wear that spot into the right rear pocket themselves, the buyer could purchase the jeans with the little Skoal can circles already worn into them at the factory. Sort of like red-neck acid washed jeans.

They'd be big sellers here in Texas! :)

Texbike

Too funny. I remember guys back in High School who would buy a can of Skoal (or Copenhagen for the real cool folks), stick it into their back pockets and then take some bleach and rub it around the edge to get that circle look. Me? No, my jeans were too tight to get a can of tabbacy back there. :D

As far as the team? Hate to see them fold...but I won't loose sleep over it if they do.

Just sayin' ($.02 to SCS)

William

Bruce K
12-16-2008, 05:14 AM
Actually with Gap and Old Navy changing their fit and style to try and attract a younger, "cooler" crowd, I've found that Wranglers fit me better than almost any other jeans except certain, hard to find Levi styles.

As for RR, I barely paid attention to them when they were here and won't miss them if they're gone, but I am glad they gave some of those guys a chance to regain a little something by providing them a place to race.

BK

jemoryl
12-16-2008, 08:54 AM
I'll miss their cheerleaders. :beer:

No need to miss them. Just check out the work of Chatsworth's finest independent video producers....