PDA

View Full Version : Softshell Trainer from Showers Pass 1151

Pete Serotta
12-15-2008, 03:27 PM
I rode with a Softshell from Showerspass today and was more impressed at the end of the ride than even at the beginning. It was windproof, and it says waterproof but the sun was out, and has zippers on each side for cooling when it gets too warm. Even my friend MARK, by the end of the ride wanted one - I guess it was because he was able to pass me going up the hills :)

While I am not one for being a fashion or clothing "know it all" - this jacked it a must for your riding if weather changes in temp, is windy, or is wet.

It is warm enough for RALEIGH but probably not for New England.

PETE

Bill Bove
12-15-2008, 03:30 PM
+1 on Showers Pass, good stuff.

Pete Serotta
12-15-2008, 07:33 PM
They have an elite 2 rain jacket that I hope I get for Christmas :) :)

The lady Debbie out there is wonderful to deal with and the jacket arrived in a few days!!!

johnmdesigner
12-15-2008, 07:38 PM
I recently purchased one of their Pro Tech jackets. While I was impressed with the construction I found the sleeves to be too short in the medium. The sleeves were just right in the large but there was too much material in the torso.

So I sent them back.

I don't understand the sizing parameters of many manufacturers. Most cyclists are pretty long and lean. Why don't they make the sleeves 1" longer? A little wrinkle there wouldn't matter.

I really wanted a lightweight rain jacket. The Assos Clima Jacket fits perfectly but the price does not in the current economy. :crap:

I also just sent back a Rapha winter jersey that fit perfectly in the torso and sleeves but the neck was sized for Hulk Hogan. What were they thinking. :confused:

Viper
12-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Enjoy the weather atmo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CbQOLqZ8IA&feature=related

:beer:

eddief
12-15-2008, 09:06 PM
on the Showerspass website. Interesting you can google it and find it for sale, but it is not on the website...or did I miss it?

Homsie
12-15-2008, 09:19 PM
on the Showerspass website. Interesting you can google it and find it for sale, but it is not on the website...or did I miss it?

It's new for Fall 2008/Spring 2009. You have to check out their PDF at the bottom of their webpage.

http://www.showerspass.com/catalog/Fall2008.pdf

James

eddief
12-15-2008, 09:26 PM
thanks

Volant
12-16-2008, 09:13 AM
They're supposed to be bringing out a pair of pants made with eVent fabric. That'll be my next ShowersPass purchase. Good stuff from them folks!

John M
12-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Not too long ago, they offered only a few different models of jackets/pants. Good to see that they seem to be doing well.

Pete Serotta
12-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Products are fist class...hope the zip pants show up under the tree with the jacket :D :D

xjoex
12-16-2008, 06:03 PM
I have a showers pass elite 2.0 jacket. It is a great jacket.

I also have a castelli softshell jacket from a few year back. It is my go to jacket when its below 30.

-Joe

Climb01742
12-16-2008, 06:17 PM
one more vote for the quality of showers pass stuff.

spiderman
12-16-2008, 07:08 PM
were not on the site as of two weeks ago
but when i spoke to them directly
there were some in stock
so i bought a pair for a friend to try
as a holiday gift...
...they seemed to fit
and am looking forward to a full report
once they've been in use!