PDA

View Full Version : Seatpost help...any good ones without logos?

blschaefer1
12-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Anyone know of a high quality, non-setback seatpost WITHOUT any logos or graphics ?

For my wife's CDA. The problem is that there is little of post exposted in teh seat tube and the logos/graphics get cut off in the middle.

Satellite
12-14-2008, 12:29 PM
Eriksen and Moots posts take some acetone or finger nail polish remover wipe the decals off and your good to go.

Another solution to your problem just put a saddle bag on her bike you won't even be able to see the seat post and she can carry a tube and a powerbar.

blschaefer1
12-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Thanks ! Think the acetone trick might work with a Thomson ?

Gothard
12-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Not on the Thomson, it is etched in the alloy.

tuscanyswe
12-14-2008, 02:43 PM
doubt it, í think all thomson logos are laser etched

BumbleBeeDave
12-14-2008, 05:11 PM
. . . I got the lettering off of my Deda Blackstick with some 400 grit sandpaper, then put some Armor-All on it and you're good to go.*

BBD

* . . . Please don't anyone tell me the Armor-All will dissolve the carbon! :rolleyes:

FMS_rider
12-14-2008, 05:26 PM
* . . . Please don't anyone tell me the Armor-All will dissolve the carbon! :rolleyes: don't worry about the carbon --it only dissolves the epoxy :D

Lew

sc53
12-15-2008, 01:06 PM
BBD--there was a fad when CDs first came out that applying Armor All to them made them sound better. All these audiophile nerds shined their CDs then learned a couple years later that the treatment had dissolved the plastic. No more music!! oops!

Satellite
12-16-2008, 10:45 PM
Nice video on Moots seatpost.

http://www.testrider.com/fly.aspx?layout=player&video=2

Interesting the tester talks about the attention to detail Moots it known for and I am certainly NOT here to argue that fact. But note on the close up of the test ride the Moots seatpost is inserted backwards. The “MOOTS” decal faces the wrong direction as would be read from the front of the bike. If he is worried about attention to detail installing the post correctly would be a good first step.

Also I am proud to say I am NOT a member of his club and never will be!

And noway are you going to remove the Thompson Logo with out some serious grinding; NOT a good solution to your problem.

Good luck in your search,

Satellite

Bob Ross
12-17-2008, 03:50 PM
electrical tape is your friend.

SoCalSteve
12-17-2008, 05:12 PM
Nice video on Moots seatpost.

http://www.testrider.com/fly.aspx?layout=player&video=2

Interesting the tester talks about the attention to detail Moots it known for and I am certainly NOT here to argue that fact. But note on the close up of the test ride the Moots seatpost is inserted backwards. The “MOOTS” decal faces the wrong direction as would be read from the front of the bike. If he is worried about attention to detail installing the post correctly would be a good first step.

Also I am proud to say I am NOT a member of his club and never will be!

And noway are you going to remove the Thompson Logo with out some serious grinding; NOT a good solution to your problem.

Good luck in your search,

Satellite

I own this seatpost. There is nothing wrong with the way its installed, save the aesthetic detail of the decals. The seatpost clamping mechanism has no front or back, hence, it is installed correctly.

Just sayin'

Steve

ThasFACE
12-17-2008, 06:22 PM
Albert Bold makes very nice posts. Mine has his logo on it, but it is very very subtle.

Satellite
12-17-2008, 06:37 PM
I own this seatpost. There is nothing wrong with the way its installed, save the aesthetic detail of the decals. The seatpost clamping mechanism has no front or back, hence, it is installed correctly.

Just sayin'

Steve
Quite the contrary; this is the new Moots Cinch Post. It has a stop in it for tilt and placing it back ward limits how far you can tip the nose up. If you have an old Moots post then it won't make a difference except it is backward print atleast for most of the population of fashion conscience cyclist. Unfortunatly I spend more time looking at my bikes than riding them little details bother me. I can't even tell you how many people ride with the front wheel mounted backwards.