PDA

View Full Version : OT - Moonset

David Kirk
12-12-2008, 09:48 AM
This is moonset from this morning. The moon is setting very far north this time of year and that means it sets over the "Horseshoe Hills".

I like the white dot off to the left - it's either and airplane coming down into Bozeman airport or it's a UFO.

What a nice way to start the day seeing something like this.

Have a good day wherever you are.

Dave

OldDog
12-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Fantastic!. I'm a certified moonitik....that site alone is enough to have me flying in for a fitting!

SadieKate
12-12-2008, 10:32 AM
I went out after dark last night to bring in the garbage cans and got stuck starring at the moon over the ridge east of our house.

It's an amazing site when the moon appears so huge.

Snow supposed to be finally coming today though. I can't wait for some moonlit nights on the snow.

SadieKate
12-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Veddy interesting.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7779294.stm

Kirk007
12-12-2008, 01:22 PM
I here its damn cold in Bozeman this morning as well!

David Kirk
12-12-2008, 02:07 PM
I here its damn cold in Bozeman this morning as well!

No it's fine this morning. I think it's about 30* right now - not bad for this time of year. It sounds like all hell is about to let loose for tomorrow through Sunday when there are blizzard warnings and serious cold. The forecast high for Sunday is -1*.

Yummy.

Dave

h5gcarb0n
12-12-2008, 03:00 PM
dont know if this worked but i think i put a pic from when top gear was in africa

SadieKate
12-12-2008, 04:51 PM
It sounds like all hell is about to let loose for tomorrow through Sunday when there are blizzard warnings and serious cold. The forecast high for Sunday is -1*.

Yummy.

DaveFinally blizzard conditions over the Cascades but down lower this storm is having performance problems.

It needs to get on with it. I want SNOW!