PDA

View Full Version : I had to do it...

William
11-19-2004, 05:12 PM
Had to.:)
Sunny and 62 degrees today. Man, I had to do it. I knocked off early and jumped on the bike and went cruzin. A nice 45 mile spin through rural Rhode Island. It's interesting to be able to see much farther into the woods than I could before the leaves dropped. Now I can see rocky out crops, hills, creeks, ponds, and barns that I couldn't see before.
Trying to stay at an easy pace is hard but I managed to do it, stopped to smell the roses so to speak. Besides, my Basset refuses to pedal so I have to carry all the weight.:rolleyes:

Anyway, we won't get too many more days like this so take advantage while you can.

William

Climb01742
11-19-2004, 06:34 PM
i did pretty much the same thing. bolted work at 2 and rode for two hours. total happiness. felt like a gift. thank you weather gods!

TimD
11-19-2004, 07:20 PM
Mmmm, yeah man. Seventy-five minutes at "lunch", in shorts, on my Legend with my buddy on his CIII fixed gear. A little windy but too good to miss.

Not that we're particularly particular about the weather; we were going regularly at 17 degrees F. last winter and I expect the same this year! :)

TimD

BumbleBeeDave
11-19-2004, 08:38 PM
. . . Scarcely had time to look out the window. No time to even go outside.

Thanks for telling me all about your great day . . . you CREEPS! ;) :crap: :rolleyes: :crap:

BBDave

Moveitfred
11-19-2004, 09:01 PM
Put in my 40 today on Long Island. Beautiful Day. I'm always cold so I had on my legwarmers, but I passed two cycling breathren wearing shorts. Strange sight for this time of year.

tch
11-19-2004, 11:08 PM
Did 30 on the back roads of NW Connecticut. No cars, no wind, no snow -- just the rush of late fall warmth and the leaf-brown scenery passing by. I loved it.

dsimon
11-19-2004, 11:26 PM
sorry its a balmy 78 i rode a short but extremly hill course with a 10% grade but who cares at 78 degrees everthing is ok :banana: