PDA

View Full Version : Check out this Cross Bike.

johnnymossville
12-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Pretty cool seeing one this morning. :)

Alie Kenzer CX Bike. (http://cyclingnews.com/tech/2008/probikes/?id=alie_kenzer_sachs_cybc08)

93legendti
12-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Sachs’ own short-point ‘Richie-issimo’ investment cast lugs are used throughout - including the recently revamped steel fork crown - and the entire package is wrapped in his signature red, white and yellow livery by esteemed painter Joe Bell.

Those lucky enough to be on the team get not just one, but two of these ferrous masterpieces, fully made-to-measure... and they don’t even have to wait years to get them.

According to Sachs, the PegoRichie tubeset "allows a framebuilder who chooses lugged construction to make a bicycle in the 21st century which has the lightest weight, and the strength and emotional characteristics that steel is known for. The ‘cross frames are in the 3.25lb [1.47kg] range and they are not one-season-only items. There are no cons."

jt2gt
12-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Hmmm...19.73lbs for a size 53 or so. Maybe the weight listing is off...but it seems a bit chunky after all the talk about how light steel could be built up these days.

JT

victoryfactory
12-10-2008, 07:48 AM
19.7 lbs for a steel CX bike is just fine with me. I would love one of those.
Tried but failed to win one at that raffle in November.

Light wheels and a carbon fork would trim at least 1 lb.

I guess I'm an old man, but I remember when 20 lbs was good
for a road racing bike, not even cross.

VF

Fixed
12-10-2008, 07:58 AM
it is not a one season ride
cheers imho