PDA

View Full Version : OT: OJ sent up the river

rwsaunders
12-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Boy could the Juice run in his college days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O6sJZYerKA&feature=related

Blue Jays
12-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Any word on how fast he can pedal a bicycle?
Likely pretty quickly when attempting to elude police officers!

johnnymossville
12-05-2008, 12:35 PM
finally.

gdw
12-05-2008, 12:53 PM
15 years for the Juice.

SoCalSteve
12-05-2008, 01:12 PM
I am thinking that justice is FINALLY being served!

Just sayin'

Steve

alancw3
12-05-2008, 01:21 PM
I am thinking that justice is FINALLY being served!

Just sayin'

Steve

+++1 finally

Pete Serotta
12-05-2008, 02:26 PM
When I was at the gym, I was watching the court hearing (while on the bike). He did not look happy and he will appeal but it is 15 with a chance of less for parole. At 61 years old that is a l-o-n-g time!!! What was he thinking when he went into the Vegas hotel room???? :confused: :confused:

Volant
12-05-2008, 02:29 PM
When I was at the gym, I was watching the court hearing (while on the bike). He did not look happy and he will appeal but it is 15 with a chance of less for parole. At 61 years old that is a l-o-n-g time!!! What was he thinking when he went into the Vegas hotel room???? :confused: :confused:

He definitely wasn't thinking 15 years into the future!

Pete Serotta
12-05-2008, 02:35 PM
What was he thinking?? Guy had everything but for some reason he could not get past his pre=football years

He definitely wasn't thinking 15 years into the future!

Louis
12-05-2008, 02:39 PM
What was he thinking when he went into the Vegas hotel room???? :confused: :confused:

OJ: Boy, times sure have changed - used to be you could get away with murder...

Like Plaxico, I really don't think the thought he was doing anything wrong (this time). Unfortunately for him, his past caught up with him.

Jeff N.
12-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Going in as a running back, coming out of the joint a WIDE RECEIVER! I hope he winds up somebody's punk. I'll bet the Goldman and Brown families will sleep better now. Good riddance, you murdering *+@#$%&! Jeff N.

Tobias
12-05-2008, 08:05 PM
What was he thinking when he went into the Vegas hotel room???? :confused: :confused:If I was OJ, I’d be thinking one of two things depending on circumstances.

If I was guilty of murder and had gotten away with it, I’d be thinking that I was being really stupid for pushing my luck.

On the other hand, if I was innocent of murder, had been found not guilty, was hounded every single day of my life anyway, tried in civil court, and had all my irreplaceable treasures taken by a family that just couldn’t accept I didn’t kill their son, I’d be thinking I was stupid for breaking into a hotel room to get my stuff back rather than settle the score directly with the dumbasses (remember, this scenario assumes I’m innocent).

soulspinner
12-06-2008, 04:51 AM
Maybe he goes in and becomes worthwhile-welds some cool a$$ bikes and all the proceeds go to the Goldmans-or maybe he just becomes Orenthal Jane.... :)

RPS
12-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Talking about vindictiveness -- you guys are a tough crowd. ;)

Personally I think the underlying problem here is allowing two trials – which opened the door for two results, or a split decision. He’s found not guilty in one and responsible in the other; so either way we look at OJ there is injustice (and to me that’s the hardest thing in the world to deal with).

If he was innocent of murder, trying him again and taking his wealth would be enough to drive a normal guy Postal. On the other hand if he was guilty of murder and allowed to go free without penalty, it would be quite an injustice to the Goldmans.

Regardless, I think it’s insane to allow two trials under “any” circumstances hoping for a split decision. I understand the legal implications (this was discussed on this forum not long ago) but it prevents closure.

Whether I agree with the original trial is immaterial. The man was found not guilty of murder and that should have been enough to end the OJ saga.

David Kirk
12-06-2008, 10:19 AM
karma.

dave

dogdriver
12-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Its an exciting life when being defendant in the double murder trial of the decade ISN'T the worst thing that's ever happened to you...

rwsaunders
12-06-2008, 12:13 PM
I recall reading that his wealth was depleted from the lawsuits, but that he lived on a $25,000/month pension that was exempt from collection. Not bad work if you can get it.

Far Rider
12-06-2008, 12:35 PM
I recall reading that his wealth was depleted from the lawsuits, but that he lived on a $25,000/month pension that was exempt from collection. Not bad work if you can get it.
Yeah, almost as good as the 95% pay that auto workers get when they aren't working.

Viper
12-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Talking about vindictiveness -- you guys are a tough crowd. ;)

Personally I think the underlying problem here is allowing two trials – which opened the door for two results, or a split decision. He’s found not guilty in one and responsible in the other; so either way we look at OJ there is injustice (and to me that’s the hardest thing in the world to deal with).

If he was innocent of murder, trying him again and taking his wealth would be enough to drive a normal guy Postal. On the other hand if he was guilty of murder and allowed to go free without penalty, it would be quite an injustice to the Goldmans.

Regardless, I think it’s insane to allow two trials under “any” circumstances hoping for a split decision. I understand the legal implications (this was discussed on this forum not long ago) but it prevents closure.

Whether I agree with the original trial is immaterial. The man was found not guilty of murder and that should have been enough to end the OJ saga.

OJ is where he is, precisely and he placed himself there.

The 1997 civil case:

http://www.cnn.com/US/9702/04/jury.questions/index.html

On June 12, 1994, a man and a woman were butchered with a knife. There were no witnesses, except a dog, Nicole's watchdog, an Akita. The dog was found wandering the streets, covered in blood. Dog spelled backwards is God.

OJ was found guilty in the 1997 civil suit for the murder of Nicole Brown Simpson (a lady he physically beat regularly) and her friend, Ron Goldman. Googling their murder photos is disturbing, but a sad reminder of what they endured. The civil suit was not televised, where "preponderance of evidence," of only nine of the 12 jurors would be needed to agree for a verdict to be reached. In this civil suit filed by the Goldman and Brown families, Simpson could not invoke the Fifth Amendment and unlike the criminal case, he was forced to testify. On February 4th, 1997, the jury awarded $8.5 million to the Goldman family for the loss of their son, a total of $25 million to be shared between Nicole's children and Fred Goldman.

Simpson had a $4 million pension from football, about $20K a month. He moved to a $1.5M mansion in Florida and why? Under the laws of California, any money he acquired can be seized to pay the damages awarded against him in the civil trial. In Florida the law is different. Simpson told the media, "They can't touch my earnings here. And it will be a cold day in hell before I pay a penny."

A cold day in hell, huh? Years later, OJ went to a wedding in Las Vegas, a wedding. Weddings represent the union of love, Vegas, the city of deceit, an American hell. Simpson entered a hotel, had guns pointed at men, demanded his, "Stuff back" and what was that stuff? Simpson told us yesterday one of the objects was his wife's wedding ring.

His wife's wedding ring. His slain, ex-wife's wedding ring.

There weren't any witnesses at the Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman murders, say the police. Not really. The man who committed those murders was a witness and one of the most ancient dog breeds, the Japanese Akita who's genetic gift is to assist in hunting large game and hold it at bay until the hunters arrived to make the kill, was also a witness. The dog's howling awakened neighbors on June 13, 1994. Neighbors followed the dog back to it's home where they found Nicole Brown Simpson, murdered. Nicole’s neck was cut from ear to ear and her head was severed from her body. Ronald Goldman was stabbed multiple times including five puncture wounds indicating that he may have been tortured before his murder.

In the city of angels, Los Angeles, in 1994, a man committed murder. He tried to fly to Chicago that night, the windy city, a city named for it's political blarney, lies. That man's future is now sealed in Las Vegas, that dirty town. Hell froze over yesterday, Simpson finally paid for the double murders he comitted, civilly, in 1994. Like John Lennon said, "Instant karma's gonna get you, knock you off your feet." Tripping himself, the once gifted runner, OJ Simpson has nobody to blame, but his own small, simple brain, grand ego and inability to control his evil rage. Christmas came early for the Brown and Goldman families, I'm thrilled to know a monster will die slowly, alone, in a small concrete room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqP3wT5lpa4

:no:

gemship
12-06-2008, 02:13 PM
I just googled the murder scene photos. I'm amazed the families would allow it. Good post Viper

Tobias
12-06-2008, 03:01 PM
OJ is where he is, precisely and he placed himself there.What if he didn't? What if we put him there?

The problem I see is that everyone assumes he killed two people. Apparently there was enough doubt of his guilt that he was found not guilty.

And I agree with RPS 100%. Having two trials is nuts. What, if that doesn't work we keep having more trials until we get a verdict we like? :rolleyes:

gasman
12-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Going in as a running back, coming out of the joint a WIDE RECEIVER! I hope he winds up somebody's punk. I'll bet the Goldman and Brown families will sleep better now. Good riddance, you murdering*+@#$%&! Jeff N.

He'll be separated from rest of the prison population because of his celebrity status.

Viper
12-06-2008, 03:40 PM
What if he didn't? What if we put him there?

The problem I see is that everyone assumes he killed two people. Apparently there was enough doubt of his guilt that he was found not guilty.

And I agree with RPS 100%. Having two trials is nuts. What, if that doesn't work we keep having more trials until we get a verdict we like? :rolleyes:

Two things:

1). I'm much, much smarter than OJ. :beer:
2). He is guilty in Vegas for robbery and kidnapping.

He told us he was going to spend all of his time, "Finding Nicole's killer." He blamed Mexican drug dealers, then moved to Florida and played golf every day while claiming his arthritis was so severe, "I couldn't possibly have killed Nicole or Ron Goldman."

The man beat his wife to a pulp. She told everyone he was going to kill her. The man was willing to threaten death to the men in Vegas who had his stuff. He's an amimal, a monster and anytime I sense any doubt, I go with # 1 above. :) His Alan Dershowitz-led Dream Team is going to Hell, too; Barry Scheck, Robert Shapiro, Johnnie Cochran and F. Lee Bailey will all be drinking at the same bar, someday. AC Cowlings is the bartender and it's always Happy Hour.

Two trials, two suits? Whether it's two or twenty-two, the legal system exists for just this reason. Laws are to be enforced, the scale of justice works dynamically, not just once. Society, citizens have the right to plead their case, take it to a higher court, seeking justice. OJ got off the hook for the 1994 murders, but he is a recidivistic monster, it was only a matter of time before he hung himself.

Whether you believe OJ to be Nicole and Goldman's killer or not, it doesn't change the fact that he was found guilty in a civil suit and now goes off to end his life in jail for robbery and kidnapping. He liked to beat up on women, huh? Let's see how he handles the scene in jail, hanging out with fellow felons.

A picture speaks a thousand words. At Christmas we get what we deserve:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jgswWMlUN8

csm
12-06-2008, 03:52 PM
personally I don't think 15 yrs is enough for a double homicide; so he didn't get what he deserved.

Viper
12-06-2008, 04:04 PM
personally I don't think 15 yrs is enough for a double homicide; so he didn't get what he deserved.

Marcia Clark needed me atmo. I should've gone to law school atmo-atmo. Taking on Dershowitz, Scheck, Shapiro, Bailey and Cochran would've been fun. It's not OJ you're fighting if you're the prosecution, it's that infamous Dream Team. Johnnie Cochran recently passed away from a brain tumor, I hope he found peace before his death.

Cochran said of Simpson, "There's something wrong with him" and he talked about other clients he'd had who somehow managed to persuade themselves that they hadn't done what they actually had done. "I wouldn't believe him if he told me the sun was coming up again tomorrow morning" summarized Cochran.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/rawfisher/2008/12/what_johnnie_cochran_really_th.html?hpid=news-col-blog

Welp Cochran, atmo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yop62wQH498&feature=related

:beer:

Sandy
12-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Marcia Clark needed me atmo. I should've gone to law school atmo-atmo. Taking on Dershowitz, Scheck, Shapiro, Bailey and Cochran would've been fun. It's not OJ you're fighting if you're the prosecution, it's that infamous Dream Team. Johnnie Cochran recently passed away from a brain tumor, I hope he found peace before his death.

Cochran said of Simpson, "There's something wrong with him" and he talked about other clients he'd had who somehow managed to persuade themselves that they hadn't done what they actually had done. "I wouldn't believe him if he told me the sun was coming up again tomorrow morning" summarized Cochran.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/rawfisher/2008/12/what_johnnie_cochran_really_th.html?hpid=news-col-blog

Welp Cochran, atmo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yop62wQH498&feature=related

:beer:

In the criminal trial, I think that King, my dog, and I could have won for the defence. It was probably decided before the trial even began by some. Remember that it had to be unanimous to convict, as it was a criminal trial, and it was unanimous to find him innocent. I don't think the prosecution was fighting the " infamous Dream Team " . I think they were fighting OJ Simpson the football star and factors relating to him. I do think that the prosecution made it much too detailed and boring, but I don't think it would have made a bit of difference what they did, the defence team did, or what the infamous viper would have done. It was a done deal from the start....at least that is my perspective.

Dooby

johnnymossville
12-06-2008, 06:03 PM
I'll be happy if he would just stop looking for the killers on Florida golf courses. Sounds like that is now the case, thankfully.

rodcad
12-06-2008, 08:05 PM
I went to high school with the Brown sisters. Nicole was the perfect California blonde beach babe. She was simply beautiful. What a tragedy and a waste.

RPS
12-06-2008, 08:21 PM
2). He is guilty in Vegas for robbery and kidnapping.No doubt he committed a crime in Vegas – that’s a given. But did our injustice drive him to it? If we hadn’t taken his personal belongings would he have committed the crime in the first place?

OJ may be a dog, even a vicious Pit Bull, but don’t you think that if you kick even a nice dog enough times he’s going to bite you? I think that’s the point a couple of us are making.

He was found “NOT GUILTY” by a criminal court – what part of that is so hard to accept? That you and I disagree shouldn’t entitle us to keep kicking him in the groin until he snaps back. That’s all I’m saying too.

I find injustice so hideous that I know it could easily bring out the very worse in me; and the thought of being innocent yet being persecuted by everyone around me 24-7 would make me do a lot more than what OJ did.

BTW, after watching much of the trial live, I think he probably committed murder, but I’m almost certain that evidence was planted. For that alone I’d have to give him a pass regardless of how creepy he may be. And I think that played a larger part in why he walked than the racially-driven suggestions being made about the jury. There is no way I could have found him guilty knowing evidence was planted even if I thought he was guilty.

Viper
12-06-2008, 08:52 PM
No doubt he committed a crime in Vegas – that’s a given. But did our injustice drive him to it? If we hadn’t taken his personal belongings would he have committed the crime in the first place?

OJ may be a dog, even a vicious Pit Bull, but don’t you think that if you kick even a nice dog enough times he’s going to bite you? I think that’s the point a couple of us are making.

He was found “NOT GUILTY” by a criminal court – what part of that is so hard to accept? That you and I disagree shouldn’t entitle us to keep kicking him in the groin until he snaps back. That’s all I’m saying too.

I find injustice so hideous that I know it could easily bring out the very worse in me; and the thought of being innocent yet being persecuted by everyone around me 24-7 would make me do a lot more than what OJ did.

BTW, after watching much of the trial live, I think he probably committed murder, but I’m almost certain that evidence was planted. For that alone I’d have to give him a pass regardless of how creepy he may be. And I think that played a larger part in why he walked than the racially-driven suggestions being made about the jury. There is no way I could have found him guilty knowing evidence was planted even if I thought he was guilty.

I hear you, I do.

I'm of the school that if you beat a woman once, you get taken out back and shot.

I mean this, I really do. I understand it'd be against the Jedi Code and would deeply disappoint Atticus Finch, but in my book, you beat a lady and you go down...he beat her years before he killed her (see pics):

Jeff N.
12-06-2008, 11:23 PM
I went to high school with the Brown sisters. Nicole was the perfect California blonde beach babe. She was simply beautiful. What a tragedy and a waste.Too bad she wound up with that slime. Fatal attraction for sure. Jeff N.

Jeff N.
12-06-2008, 11:27 PM
No doubt he committed a crime in Vegas – that’s a given. But did our injustice drive him to it? If we hadn’t taken his personal belongings would he have committed the crime in the first place?

BTW, after watching much of the trial live, I think he probably committed murder, but I’m almost certain that evidence was planted. For that alone I’d have to give him a pass regardless of how creepy he may be. And I think that played a larger part in why he walked than the racially-driven suggestions being made about the jury. There is no way I could have found him guilty knowing evidence was planted even if I thought he was guilty."NOT GUILTY" is hard to accept when the body of evidence is/was conclusive against him. Jeff N.

Far Rider
12-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Maybe he'll make some new 'friends' in the slammer.

steelrider
12-07-2008, 12:23 AM
Dershowitz, Scheck, Shapiro, Bailey and Cochran

These shysters have to live with themselves. Well, Cochran is taking the long dirt nap.

csm
12-07-2008, 12:10 PM
the lawyers were just doing their jobs.

Viper
12-07-2008, 12:55 PM
the lawyers were just doing their jobs.

You sound like a lawyer. :D

Louis
12-07-2008, 12:59 PM
It's just like politicians. Folks hate the other guy's lawyer / politician, but want theirs to work just as hard when their own interests are at stake.

Let's not have a double standard here.

soulspinner
12-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Everyone is entitled to representation and everyone is entitled to make a buck-unless yer a socialist :p

Viper
12-07-2008, 01:12 PM
It's just like politicians. Folks hate the other guy's lawyer / politician, but want theirs to work just as hard when their own interests are at stake.

We're allowed to resent, even hate that Team, even if they were doing their job. They knew it, know it and live with it. It's not the lawyers that matter the most, regardless of Act IV Scene II of King Henry VI. Lawyers know, when you hang out with ****, you're gonna smell like it.

Marcusaurelius
12-07-2008, 01:17 PM

I don't have a double standard: I hate politicians and lawyers equally. As some one once said, "politicians are just a knotch below pedophiles and lawyers are at least three knotches."

Louis
12-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Lawyers know, when you hang out with ****, you're gonna smell like it.

Are the innocent ones also **** ?

toaster
12-07-2008, 02:37 PM
I know I'll need a flame-resistant suit after posting this but, let me ask the question, how could O.J. commit a double homicide in narrow time frame back in June 1994 against a healthy woman and a healthy 25 year old male as victims and yet screw up a simple little robbery in a Vegas hotel with accomplices?

O.J. is not a successful criminal as shown by the choices he made in Vegas. Yet, if using hindsight today and looking back to 1994 and reviewing some of the facts of the case, wouldn't it be reasonable to wonder how dumb ol' O.J. could have done the double murder?

Just asking.

soulspinner
12-07-2008, 02:39 PM
I don't have a double standard: I hate politicians and lawyers equally. As some one once said, "politicians are just a knotch below pedophiles and lawyers are at least three knotches."

Thats either dumb or uninformed. Lawyers are no different than anyone else. Some are great, some o.k., some are a-holes. Im married to one and she would never sue you, even if it was a slam dunk.

Louis
12-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Thats either dumb or uninformed. Lawyers are no different than anyone else. Some are great, some o.k., some are a-holes. Im married to one and she would never sue you, even if it was a slam dunk.

He was joking.

csm
12-07-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm married to one also.
and my father-in-law and one brother-in-law as well.
I like to keep up on attorney jokes...
did you know that 9 out of 10 lawyers......
give the rest a bad name?

RPS
12-07-2008, 09:30 PM
"NOT GUILTY" is hard to accept when the body of evidence is/was conclusive against him. Jeff N.I agree that the evidence overwhelmingly supported guilt – that part is undeniable.

What I’ve always questioned is the reliability of the evidence. And that’s a separate issue altogether – and the one that overrides in my quest for justice.

For me personally, when bloody socks magically appear out of thin air I become a little skeptical. At that point I have to question all evidence that can not be corroborated independently. That is, I’d want to see evidence that was impossible to plant. Thinking back on the trial, I don’t recall anything that couldn’t have been planted in less than 5 minutes by just one person with access to the crime scene.

Sadly, a guilty man can be framed too. And that may have been the only way for him to get off scot-free.

RPS
12-07-2008, 09:32 PM
If nothing else, I hope there is one lesson we learn from the OJ case. If any of us is accused of a crime, we can be found “guilty” or “not guilty”, but we will not be found “completely innocent”. A mere accusation is enough to tarnish our reputation at the very least.

I may be missing a bigger picture, but in real-world practical terms, once “accused” of a crime, we will never be as innocent again. Not in the eyes of the law, and certainly not in the eyes of our fellow Americans. Perhaps the only way for our reputations to be made whole is if someone else is subsequently convicted of the crime in question.

Example – what happened to the Atlanta Olympic bomber suspect Richard ???ell? What did it take before most people respected him again, or in some cases stop hounding him?

Louis
12-07-2008, 10:13 PM
A guy I knew at work (he worked in the same department as I did and his desk was less than 30 feet from mine) was accused of murdering his wife and her daughter. This was out in boonie-ville MO. During the year he was held before the trial I went to see him a few times. Did not look like a fun place to hang out. After a few weeks he was fired "for not showing up a work." His family hired the top criminal defense lawyer in St Louis and they argued that the wife had intentionally set the fire. The jury deliberated for a very short period of time (can't remember exactly, but I think it was just a few hours) and he was found not-guilty. Even his wife's family thought he was innocent and that she was the one who did it. Unfortunately, the cops were pretty closed-minded about it. They ended up looking pretty stupid after the verdict.

He moved out of the area and got a job doing much the same type of work for another big company. Of course his life will never be the same again, but I guess it could have been worse. At least he was able to start over to some extent.

I could actually tell at least several more stories about guys I've known quite well at work, and one other that I didn't know personally, that have been accused of murder, some of which were pretty gruesome. (Those guys were guilty.) Interestingly, every single one of the stories involves a woman who ends up dead. I sense a pattern here - engineers and their women, a volatile mix.

I guess you work somewhere long enough and stuff happens...

L

rdparadise
12-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Reasonable doubt is hard to convict someone with all the circumstantial evidence that came forward in the OJ case. Did he kill them, only OJ knows for sure.

Anyway, it's water over the damn. This time however the evidence was too conclusive to not convict. Juries are given really specific instructions prior to deliberating a case. Reasonable doubt, circumstantial evidence all play into how they eventually decide the case. In the murder trial, there were too many unknowns and the evidence was sketchy at best. That's why OJ walked. His attorneys did their jobs in creating enough doubt that he was set free, in this other case, the evidence what it was made it easier to convict.

Just my 2 cents.

Bob

toaster
12-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Consider this:

http://wagnerandson.com/oj/murderscene.htm

Ken Robb
12-08-2008, 10:45 AM
I could actually tell at least several more stories about guys I've known quite well at work, and one other that I didn't know personally, that have been accused of murder, some of which were pretty gruesome. (Those guys were guilty.)

L
Where do you work? A crack house? :)

Viper
12-08-2008, 11:27 AM
I could actually tell at least several more stories about guys I've known quite well at work, and one other that I didn't know personally, that have been accused of murder, some of which were pretty gruesome. (Those guys were guilty.) Interestingly, every single one of the stories involves a woman who ends up dead. I sense a pattern here - engineers and their women, a volatile mix.

L

Jeebus man, what are engineers doing in their spare time?!?! Where do you work, Darth Vader Inc? :D

Louis
12-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Where do you work? A crack house? :)

No way - the pay's not that good :D

rwsaunders
12-09-2008, 12:38 AM
Remember this incident from a few years ago? Plaxico could do three years for a similar offense....it just happened to be in Dallas and not the Big Apple.

Switzer Is Arrested With Gun at Airport; Coach Is `Embarrassed' by `Honest Mistake'

Article from: The Washington Post Article date: August 5, 1997
Dallas Cowboys Coach Barry Switzer was arrested today after a loaded revolver was discovered in his carry-on baggage at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.

Switzer was detained, his .38-caliber weapon was confiscated and he was released about two hours later on his own recognizance, said airport spokeswoman Angel Biasatti.

Switzer, after returning to Austin to join the team at training camp, said he had inadvertently left the gun in his travel bag after putting it there with the intention of hiding it from three young children who were guests at his home over the weekend.

"I am embarrassed for {owner} Jerry Jones and the Cowboys organization for an innocent, honest mistake ...

Dekonick
12-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Remember this incident from a few years ago? Plaxico could do three years for a similar offense....it just happened to be in Dallas and not the Big Apple.

Switzer Is Arrested With Gun at Airport; Coach Is `Embarrassed' by `Honest Mistake'

Article from: The Washington Post Article date: August 5, 1997
Dallas Cowboys Coach Barry Switzer was arrested today after a loaded revolver was discovered in his carry-on baggage at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.

Switzer was detained, his .38-caliber weapon was confiscated and he was released about two hours later on his own recognizance, said airport spokeswoman Angel Biasatti.

Switzer, after returning to Austin to join the team at training camp, said he had inadvertently left the gun in his travel bag after putting it there with the intention of hiding it from three young children who were guests at his home over the weekend.

"I am embarrassed for {owner} Jerry Jones and the Cowboys organization for an innocent, honest mistake ...

He wouldn't have to hide it if he had a GUN SAFE.