PDA

View Full Version : 3TTT BioMorphe Bar opinions....

SoCalSteve
12-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Seems like its quite OVER engineered, yes?

Opinions, thoughts, experiences.... please. I would use them with a set of Dura Ace 7800...

Thank you in advance,

Steve

Bio-Morphe adds to and improves the grip zones of the bar making it more ergonomical and super comfortable to grip

The central area is very wide and slopes outwards creating an optimum grip point
The brake cables run under the handlebar to avoid any discomfort to the hands
The internal bending angle is wider to provide more room when gripping in a high position on the sides
On the area which slopes towards the brake handles the innovative shape suits the palm of the hand: a new and super efficient grip point
The drop is perhaps the shortest on the market and allows to reach the low postion without effort and hold it easily and steadily
The brake lever is closer and with the Three Finger Concept the hand grips the handle strongly with three fingers when the levers are gripped high
In a low grip gentle but innovative bending facilities a comfortable position not previously employed
High Modulus carbon fibre
Anatomic shape
25.8mm centre
42 - 44 - 46cm widths available
Weight - 210g

profkrispy
12-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Had them and liked them very much. I especially liked the dimple under the brake lever on the hooks. The bend from the tops to the hoods on the BioMorphe is a little abrupt for my taste however. I switched to the 3T Rotundo recently and haven't looked back.

old_school
12-04-2008, 09:39 PM
I know nothing about the bars, but I would say they are tailor made for this bike:

http://www.theoldbikeshop.com/thumbnails/tangoprofile.jpg

JeffS
12-05-2008, 04:37 AM
Nice bars, but there's not a whole lot of space in the drops. I have large hands (xxl gloves) and there simply wasn't enough room in the drop for me to even bother mounting them on the bike.