PDA

View Full Version : Looking up Serial #'s?

kingcounty07
12-04-2008, 05:23 PM
hey guys, i recently purchased a Pinarello Treviso track bike i believe it to be from 1987. The only serial #'s i could find are on the bottom bracket it is stamped RR 148. I wanted to look up the date and the specs, it was bought second hand and i would like to know the bb specs and headset specs. If these are pretty standard and anyone knows them off the top of thier heads that would be awesome. it's got campy copy ofmega headset and b.b. which i would eventually like to upgrade to real campy stuff. thanks

nelson
12-05-2008, 09:38 AM
It's not easy to determine the year of manufacture from Pinarello serial numbers until much later than this. They've never been too forthcoming with the information and their series don't make a lot of sense. The Treviso would be the Columbus SL frame and have a standard Italian bottom bracket and use a convential headset. If it's indeed from 1987 the steerer tube threading may be Italian, but it's close enough to English threading that it's reasonably interchangeable.

kingcounty07
12-07-2008, 02:01 AM
thanks nelson, i want to salvage my campy headset from my previous bike, i believe it to be english threading so maybe i'll give it a try. thanks