PDA

View Full Version : Pan-Mass Challenge sets record

Bruce K
11-18-2004, 08:19 AM
For those of you who have seen some of us discuss the Pan-Mass Challenge, I thought you might be interested in the following news:

Approximately 4300 riders were able to raise enough money that the PMC made a record donation to the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in the amount of $20,000,000.00. This is the largest single donation ever made by a sports/fund raising event. It represented $.97 out of each dollar raised by the riders.

I am telling this not to open any debate on which event is better or who does what, but rather so that those of you who may have contributed to one of the forum member's rides can be proud in knowing that you were part of a historic accomplishment.

To those riders who participated, amazing job. Somehow, some way, the check keeps getting bigger every year.

I have heard a rumor that there may be a "team" forming for next year's PMC that would try to involve forum members and Serotta owners. That would be very cool if true.

Hey James or Alyson, is there any truth to this rumor?

BK

BumbleBeeDave
11-18-2004, 08:30 AM
. . . dollars??? That's GREAT! That's $4651 each for every rider! I know there is a pretty high pledge minimum ($2500??), but that's still spectacular.

I'd love to know how they generate so much enthusiasm. I'm on the MS ride committee here in upstate NY and we promote it as best we can. With a $200 pledge minimum we raised $70k on the upstate ride this year, but it always seems difficult to get the numbers of riders we would like.

BBDave