PDA

View Full Version : First Ride on my new Colorado

joelh
12-03-2008, 01:57 PM
I bought this circa 89 Colorado of ebay last month and after chasing down new shifters and getting it tuned, I hit the road for 35 miles today.

My first impression is how responsive the bike is. It corners like it is on a rail. My road riding since I have returned to riding has been on a Felt F65 and the Colorado feels much more precise. The lack of road buzz on the chip and tar paving that I ride on is very nice.

I did miss the triple a couple of times. 42 X 23 caused me to get out of the saddle a couple of times, when I am used to sitting and spinning.

Can't say I fell in love with the selle san marco saddle. I may have to spring for a brooks. How do you think Antique brown would look?

Pete Serotta
12-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Nice looking bike and the ride is very nice. Yeah it is not as light as some of the others BUT then most of us are not either :D :D

It will take a triple with no problem...

Enjoy the ride and the SEROTTA>>>

Ken Robb
12-03-2008, 04:34 PM
A sugino triple with 46-36-26 or 48-38-28 or there about would work well with your 11-23 rear cogs ATMO. The silver alloy would look great on that bike too.

mikki
12-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Antique brown Brooks handlebar tape and saddle WOULD look awesome to contrast with the black. Nice bike!!

martinrjensen
12-03-2008, 06:10 PM
What color is hat? I can't really tell. if it's dark green I have a CSI with Brooks handlebar tape I could post a picture of. No brooks saddle (at least not on the Serotta) but I do have brown thigh pads on the Fizik Aliante and they look pretty nice. it's a good color with green

joelh
12-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Sun was really bright and low when I took the pic. The bike is a 2 toned bronze/smoke color. Doesn't photograph well but it is a really nice color combination.

martinrjensen
12-03-2008, 09:58 PM
I think the brown saddle would look good. Of course then you should balance it out with Brooks bar tape.Sun was really bright and low when I took the pic. The bike is a 2 toned bronze/smoke color. Doesn't photograph well but it is a really nice color combination.

flickwet
12-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Brooks honey brown swift is on mine, with natural cinelli cork tape c'est bien, forgoe the triple, 39-53 w a 13-25, it is after all a vintage race bike