You- White Socks

10-15 mile race- very gently rolling terrrain

Winner- Free dinner from loser!!!

Are you in Mr. Climb??????

Snail Sandy---Slow Sandy---Speedy Sandy---Supersonic Speedy Sandy

Kevin
11-17-2004, 08:04 PM
Climb,

Don't do it. Sandy is setting you up. He is going to starve himself to drop the weight. After losing all of that weight he will fly up the hill. When he wins he be so hungry that he will eat so much food that you will be left bankrupt.

Kevin

RABikes2
11-17-2004, 08:05 PM
I volunteer to be a finish line official! BBDave, we need to document this, how about official photographer? Ohhh...this is going to be sweet! :D The "Black Socks vs White Socks Challenge" 2005! :banana:

Bill Bove
11-17-2004, 08:07 PM
Oh, if only we lived in a time when a man could challenge another man to a duel. Forget the red state blue state thing, we got ourselves a black sock-white sock thing going on here.

Sandy
11-17-2004, 08:20 PM
I just hope that Climb doesn't read this thread, or else I think that I might have a real problem.

Starving Sandy

SPOKE
11-17-2004, 08:35 PM
no Sandy! you can't borrow my motorcycle for the challenge.........even if you promise to wear black socks.

slowgoing
11-17-2004, 08:56 PM
I'd buy you both dinner just to watch that sight.

Too bad I won't be there.

Bill Bove
11-17-2004, 09:07 PM
Too bad I won't be there.
So why not? We all had a good time, canoeing, arts and crafts, smores by the campfire and the sing-a-longs, oh the sing-a-longs. That Ginger can really make Kumbya touch your heart. :banana:

Kevan
11-17-2004, 09:22 PM
No, nothing else...I've just always wanted to say that. :D

BumbleBeeDave
11-17-2004, 09:22 PM
. . . with flashes flashing and the big lenses!

BBDave

RABikes2
11-17-2004, 09:36 PM
1st Annual "Black Socks vs White Socks Challenge 2005"

Okay...we have the riders: Black Socks Sandy vs White Socks Climb
Official Photographer: BBDave
Official Announcer: Bruce K
Official Starter: Ginger :)
Finish line Official: RA

Smiley, Spoke, and Pete: Course directors? ;) (No, you may NOT take bribes from BSS (Black Socks Sandy). Both riders have to ride the same course! :p
(and on bicycles; NO motorized versions. Quit tempting BSS, Spoke!)

Official Cheerleaders (Hecklers): Forum members in attendance at Serotta Open House 2005

And lots of Sierra Nevada beer at the finish for all!
:banana:

Sandy
11-17-2004, 11:03 PM
Don't we have to wait for Cluck Cluck (as in Chicken) Climb to respond???

Sandy

PS- Does anyone even think that I have any chance?
Smiley, Spoke, and Pete as course directors- Seems like a great idea to me.

Sandy
11-17-2004, 11:08 PM
Do you take bribes????

Sandy

RABikes2
11-18-2004, 01:50 AM
Shhhhhhh Secret Silent Sandy...we can't let the Sheriff's hear this! :no:

Okay...they're not listening, what kind of bribe do you have up your Secret Shirt Sleeve Silent Sandy? :p

Sandy
11-18-2004, 06:15 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ LOTS OF $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Mr. Integrity

Bruce K
11-18-2004, 06:24 AM
I'm not sure how I got sucked into this thing, but heck, I'm game.

Announcer it is. SO I guess that means I get to say LET'S GET.....nah, I'll find something else.

Just remember....SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY at beautiful Serottaland Raceway, Black Socks Sandy vs White Socks (and white feathers? :D ) Climb in the "Duel for Fuel" sock challenge.

Hey MA, I think we're gonna need new t-shirts.

BK

keno
11-18-2004, 07:10 AM
Sandy, as you may know, I have been named both Coach and Rider of the Year at 15 Palatine Road, Oldwick, New Jersey. Owing to these inestimable honors, my coaching commitments, and consequently coaching fees, have increased dramatically for the next year. In order to determine the levels of your seriousness of purpose and your physical condition, a considerable retainer as well as urine and stool samples will be necessary. Please send the retainer to me and the urine and stool samples to flydhest.

keno

RABikes2
11-18-2004, 07:10 AM
BSS!

:no: :no: :no: $$$$$$$...!

Let's see, maybe, new Ottrott frame?! ;)
Okay, okay, RA's back, that was her delusional side talking. :crap:

NO BRIBES! NONE! The "Duel for Fuel" judge is "off-limits", let the training (bs'ing) begin! :banana:

Sandy
11-18-2004, 07:12 AM
Do I have a chance?? Even a slight one?? I have seen Climb climb and Climb can really climb. Should I try to bribe the officials or Climb? Could I be Climb's chief mechanic and do a pre-race tune up on his bike? Send Climb on vacation to Mars? Help Keno!!! I need big time help!!!!

I hope that Mr. Perfect aka Climb does not respond to this thread!

Hopeless Sandy

Bruce K
11-18-2004, 07:17 AM
BTW;

Who says there is going to be an uphill on the course?

Maybe this should be a 1 mile drag race from the little pond near "Ben's House" down that long winding descent. :cool:

That way Sandy's mass/gravitational advantage would be negated by Climb's aerodynamic one. :rolleyes:

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :banana: :banana:

BK
"Official Announcer" of the DUEL for FUEL

Sandy
11-18-2004, 07:17 AM
I think I better call Phonak, and not for a new hearing aid! :)

BSS

Sandy
11-18-2004, 07:19 AM
I love you Bruce!! I simply love you Bruce!! Would you please design the course???

Love,

$$$$$$$$$$$ BBS

RABikes2
11-18-2004, 07:27 AM
NOTICE FROM THE OFFICIAL FINISH LINE JUDGE:

Will course directors (if they accept the challenge), Smiley, Spoke, and Pete, please join forces and designate a course. BSS is confused :confused: on who he needs to bribe. He needs to seriously consider (depending on the course) who is to be bribed immediately. :p

Sandy
11-18-2004, 07:34 AM
Let Bow Wow Bailey design the course. He will wander into the woods. Climb will never make it out of the woods. I can guarantee that.

BSS

BumbleBeeDave
11-18-2004, 07:47 AM
Don’t anyone tell Climb about this race, because I‘m pretty sure his not showing at the start is the ONLY way Black Socks Sandy is gonna win this! ;)

BBDave

Climb01742
11-18-2004, 09:08 AM
sandy, you shoulda let a sleeping climb lay...you're on...this'll be cool...it'll give us each a little added incentive to train harder this winter...but instead of making it one-on-one, howz about a team competition...white socks vs black socks...sharks vs jets...let the training begin!!! :) :p ;) :D :beer:

Kevan
11-18-2004, 09:14 AM
there's no point bringing a gun to a knife fight. ;)

Bruce K
11-18-2004, 09:16 AM
Kev;

I can't remember if it was Butch or Sundance who said in the film:

"There aren't any rules in a knife fight!"

BK

slowgoing
11-18-2004, 09:27 AM
Loser has to wear the winner's socks. Not just the winner's sock color, the actual socks.

M_A_Martin
11-18-2004, 09:34 AM
White socks to Win!

Oh hold it, I'm the starter. I'm supposed to be impartial. Should I start them going in different directions?

Who wants a good lead? I can be bought for a good donation to the Davis Phinney foundation!

Hey Climb...how are your descending skills coming along?

Climb01742
11-18-2004, 10:00 AM
Hey Climb...how are your descending skills coming along?

if you're asking am i still a wussy, the answer is yes, i am. my only hope is to gain so much time going up, that i can hold off sandy coming down. :p

M_A_Martin
11-18-2004, 10:11 AM
Just remember...

They aren't foot rests, they're pedals!

(and *I* didn't call you wussy! After all, anyone who chooses to ride with me can't be a wuss! You handled that rail road track really well!)

Climb01742
11-18-2004, 10:16 AM
Just remember...They aren't foot rests, they're pedals!

ouch!!!!!!

Lost Weekend
11-18-2004, 10:41 AM
O.K, we are going to need live web feed for those of us who can't make it out for this race of all races. OLN perhaps...............

Kevan
11-18-2004, 11:15 AM
a time-lapsed broadcast then. :D

BumbleBeeDave
11-18-2004, 12:04 PM
<<OLN perhaps...............>>

And Sandy is floy-ing down this finishing strait like a fow-mula one motah-cah! He's digging DEE-UP!! He's opening 'is suit-kiysse of coor-ridge!!! :rolleyes:

BBDave

dave thompson
11-18-2004, 12:25 PM
<<OLN perhaps...............>>
...... He's opening 'is suit-kiysse of coor-ridge!!! :rolleyes:

BBDave
MMMm Courage, good beer!

Sandy
11-18-2004, 12:41 PM
What have I done??

Maybe Climb is right. Maybe, a team race.

Climb Warning- I began my diet 4 days ago. Starting weight 223. Today's weight 219. I WILL get to 185-187. You will see!!! Are you starting to worry already, or do you think that I have no chance, like the Bee Man???

Power to weight ratio is already going up.

Sandy- given no chance by most (including Sandy), but picked by a few to shock the cycling world.

Deep into training,

Still Snail Sandy (for now only)

Sandy
11-18-2004, 12:42 PM
Just what type of odds are you giving?????

Sandy

BumbleBeeDave
11-18-2004, 12:56 PM
I'm not a bettin' man, Sandy.

But if I absolutely HAD to bet it would be on you. Look at what you have done since you started cycling . . . lost weight, gained strength, turned your life around, compiled a list of internationally known hit-men and saboteurs who owe you favors . . . If I were Climb, I'd be writing a will . . . ;) :D :rolleyes:

BBDave

Climb01742
11-18-2004, 12:58 PM
sandy, let's make a pact...we'll both encourage, drive, cajole, tease, whatever each other into arriving at next year's owner's weekend in tip-top shape...i could use a little carrot to help me get thru winter...deal? :rolleyes:

Sandy
11-18-2004, 01:58 PM
That is REALLY a great idea. I am really disgusted at myself with my weight gain and I know that winter time is most difficult to lose weight. Once, in graduate school, I weighed 280 pounds. I decided to lose weight and lost 100 pounds in one year. At 180, my mother and present wife Gloria, thought that I looked emaciated. But I felt great.

I am not the most competitive cyclist, but I do like to push sometimes, especially in trying to catch someone- never to really pass them (unless they are not very friendly), but just trying to see if I can reach them.

I am very critical of myself in almost everything that I do, and often think that I am not a very good cyclist, and never will be. I am tired of getting dropped by everyone on the hills. Although I realize that I will never be a real climber, SOMETIMES I think that I have some reasonable potential as a cyclist, even though I will be 64 next month. Keno, very kindly, has given me some instruction and encouragement, and believes, I think, that I could become a better cyclist.

I really need to lose weight, for health purposes, even though I am in superior cardiovascular and physical health. The weight loss would be beneficial to me emotionally and physically and would , I believe, help me to see a potentially better and improving cyclist, when the pounds start coming off. Spectrum Bob lost about 28 pounds or so, and his cycling improved dramatically. Keno really started to focus on improvement and he is a different cyclist today than he was just a couple of years ago.

I would really appreciate you pushing me any way that you can. Just to have a goal- "racing" you at the Serotta Open House would be beneficial, even if we never race. I will buy you dinner at Saratoga Springs, no matter what occurs.

Actually, I might even surprise the Stinger, if I got to 180-185. I know that I will never be able to ride like a lot of the Serotta gals and guys, but I know that I can improve. It is remarkable that someone loves a sport in which he or she knows, even at my age, that improvement will come, with the necessary focus and determination. What other sport can you say that?

Cycling has changed me, in the last few years, from a loner to someone fortunate enough to ride a bike and meet and befriend so many truly wonderful, sincere, caring and giving people, many from this very forum.

One other thing Climb- I am going to kick your butt and those little frilly dirty white socks that you wear.

Climb Crusher Calfee Crusher ,

:) Sandy :)

Climb01742
11-18-2004, 02:41 PM
sandy, your mother wears army boots...with black socks!!!! ;) it's a deal...i think this is great too...it's part of why i love cycling and this forum...amd next year, i'll make you whimper like a little girlie-man... :banana: :D :beer:

Kevan
11-18-2004, 02:45 PM
I saw this on Seinfeld once and I think it's just the ticket for you to get in shape. BBD and I are going to come down every weekend until this event, get you in your running suit and shoes, tie a rope to your waist and to the rear bumper of your M3 (we might need the extra speed as you get better), and while BBD drives I'll be hanging out the window using a bullhorn shouting encouragements to you. You know... personal things... things about your various family members... references to army boots... things like that. So whaddya say?! You in?!

I figure we'll start with one lap around the belt and then work from there.... :D

Bruce K
11-18-2004, 02:46 PM
me first Climb, me first!

But it's got to be over the hills and through the woods.

BK

Climb01742
11-18-2004, 02:58 PM
bruce k, let's form a massachusetts team...of course based on what the rest of america thinks of us, we'd probably have to wear pink-o socks. :rolleyes:

Sandy
11-18-2004, 03:22 PM
So form your silly little Mass. team. Who really cares?

I am so much more clever. I have a two man team, one from Maryland and the other from Texas. Need I say more????

Sandy

Bruce K
11-18-2004, 04:25 PM
CLimb;

That would work perfectly. You climb and I'll descend. The best of both worlds. :banana:

But wait, I've already agreed to be the announcer. We'll have to get a roving, wireless microphone. ;)

Pink socks are Bill Bove's venue. I think I'm supposed to have red ones while you wear blue, unless you've moved to Canada by then. :D

I like the idea of using this "event" to help set goals. I might have to become your training partner, Climb. It might be the incentive I need to lose 20#.

My new goal for the 2005 season is to ride the whole VERGE New England cyclocross series. (notice I didn't say race - I try to set realistic goals).

BK

Sandy
11-18-2004, 04:33 PM
Climb has already bought off the announcer of the race! Simply amazing!

I will win the race by 1,000 km minimum and Bruce will be telling the tens of thousands of spectators that Cling has won. Sorry, I meant Climb.

Climb, simply Clinging onto whatever....

Black Sock Sandy

Bruce K
11-18-2004, 06:08 PM
Sandy;

I haven't been bought off yet. But I could be.....

A Serotta Ti cyclocross frame (Concours will do to start the auction) might just do it. :rolleyes:

I can see it now, Madisons through the park and we'll all get speeding tickets from Sean the Bike Cop. :banana: :banana: :banana:

BK

Dude
11-18-2004, 09:41 PM
I nominate two possible route options.

1. One lap around the battlefield - 10 miles, rolly, some short annoying hills, two long descents but the last mile is a false flat that will surely drive anyone crazy. Good course for the rouleur. Also there is very little traffic on that road.

2. The climb to Lake Desolation - the Saratoga Springs token "uphill time trial" course. 4.5 miles of uphill goodness. Truly a climbers course - whick makes it the manliest course. Whoever wins there will truly be the better climber. Climbo may have to change his name if he loses. Davis Phinney has the record of 14 minutes - most mortals do it in about 20mins. Apparently David Kirk rolled up it pretty swiftly as well.

RABikes2
11-18-2004, 10:55 PM
Ohhh crud...I admit visiting both sides of the track! I personally, do not wear socks except in the cold weather, BUT when I do wear them, they are white. Mind you though, black is one of my favorite colors.

I handle the apparel section for my bike shop. I've got a great selection of socks, ie: Sock Guy, Pearl Izumi, Nike, Terry, Salsa, Klein; to the tune of at least 80+ different designs. I get my order in today and, of course, what comes in but the Channel Air Low Cut BLACK socks I ordered (I already had the WHITE low cuts out on display). Along with this order, I received 6 pr. of BLACK B_tch socks, too. Sandy...are you sending subliminal messages to me? We have our own socks with the shop logo on them, too, on black or white socks. Everywhere I turn, there are black or white SOCKS!!! :crap:

Well, at least this judge is impartial and hasn't been bribed...yet. What's that you're saying Black Socks Sandy..."Ottrott RA", a new "Ottrott"... :p
Please visit our bike shop, click on "Shop Rides" and under "1st Timer Program", click on "Check out the details". If you haven't seen the Sunflower Revolution jersey for the Davis Phinney Foundation, I have it on in the photos. It is the best designed jersey (the colors and design are wonderful), well-made, and for me, it is such an honor to wear it. I'm glad everybody here is rallying around the foundation; you all are the best.
RA
http://bikesunshine.net

Sandy
11-19-2004, 08:05 AM
Are you simply out of your mind?? :) Climb (as in Climb) to Lake Desolation?? Are you out of your mind? Climb's name is Climb. My name is Train, as in Freight Train. I am not looking for the MANLIEST course, Dude, I am looking for the EASIEST course, as in REEEEAAAAALLLLLLYYYYY Easy, sort of like a 10-15 mile all downhill course. A Sandy course. Have you lost your mind, dude???? Really lost it?

The challenge was for Very Gently Rolling Terrrain, if I remember correctly. Are you also on Climb's payroll? He is one deperate dude, dude!!!

Freight Train

Sandy
11-19-2004, 08:08 AM
Perhaps I will be able to help you change your name to RABikes34, as in 34 bikes, if you know what I mean, Sunshine. :)

:) Sunshine Sandy :)

Climb01742
11-19-2004, 08:09 AM
2. The climb to Lake Desolation - the Saratoga Springs token "uphill time trial" course. 4.5 miles of uphill goodness. Truly a climbers course - whick makes it the manliest course. Whoever wins there will truly be the better climber. Climbo may have to change his name if he loses. Davis Phinney has the record of 14 minutes - most mortals do it in about 20mins. Apparently David Kirk rolled up it pretty swiftly as well.

cool. i'll try to see if i can earn my name honestly.:D

it might be cool to use next year's owner's weekend as a carrot for many of us to set and achieve a personal goal. i hope to do the mt washington hill climb next year, and a "race" owner's weekend would be a great mid-point goal. i'll help folks achieve their goal, if you'll help me! :banana:

BumbleBeeDave
11-19-2004, 08:32 AM
On a totally serious note . . . and yes, it IS possible for me to be serious! :rolleyes:

I don't know where Kevan got the idea I have every weekend free to come down to DC to help you train (unfortunately, I don't), but to see you show up at owner's weekend at 180lbs would make me so proud of you. I am already so proud to know you, knowing what kind of person you are and how much effort you have put into cycling and how much achievement you've gotten out of it. But to see you at 180 lbs. flying down the road and up the hills, well, it would be a really great feeling to see that--no matter who wins your race. If you can do that, you've already won no matter who crosses the finish line first. :D

BBDave

RABikes2
11-19-2004, 09:14 AM
When I met you and Gloria this year, there wasn't enough time for everybody to get to know each other. Over the past 5 months, on the forum, it's been great getting to know you (and everybody else, too). The bottom line is what BBDave said. We will ALL be so proud of you to see you achieve your goal of 180lbs. You are a winner!

Look forward to watching you "whoop" that bad boy Climb on the duel. :D Remember? I'm at the finish line! :D Now...about those bikes... :p
RA

Spectrum Bob
11-19-2004, 09:56 PM
Sand Man,
I like this challenge for you and you can count on me to be on your team.
It was at the first event that Smiley did to unite you and Kevan when looking at a photo of Keno and me that I found the motivation to join Weight Watchers. Dropping that 28 pounds and keeping it off has made such a difference in my cycling. In fact, I wouldn’t mind dropping a few more pounds this winter.
This challenge I hope is what you need to find the strength within yourself to achieve this admirable goal.
One think to keep in mind is that you do not have to do this alone. There are a lot of us here that want the best for you and are willing to give you the support you will need.
I bet you that Leah would agree to be your diet coach if you asked her.
Let me know what I can do?
Spectrum Bob

Sandy
11-20-2004, 12:39 AM
Thanks sincerely for your very kind, caring, and meaningful words of encouragement. I told Gloria last night that I would feel too embarrassed to go to next year's Open House if I were still heavy. You all give me motivation!!!

If you really care, please send Climb some cookies, pies, and cakes. William will make him eat them!!!

Sandy

Sandy
11-20-2004, 12:43 AM
For proper respect, I think that I will wear all black at our race. Since I will be burying you during the race, and burying both you and ALL of your bikes, after the race, I think that it is the right thing to do.

Digging a rather large hole,

Shoveling Sandy

Climb01742
11-20-2004, 06:55 AM
i think a cool race course/distance would be about 10 miles, rolling terrain. i'm psyched. i think this is the healthy good side of "competition" because its equal parts comraderie. geez, with everyone helping sandy, who's gonna help poor old me? :rolleyes: maybe sir jerk will come out of the shadows and help me try, however feebly, to take on mighty team sandy, the juggernaut of the cycling world, second only to u.s. postal, who will i'm sure squash me and my meager resources, talent and efforts...if i keep this stuff up, i'll get the early line in vegas sooooooo in my favor! please, please sandy have mercy! :p

Sandy
11-20-2004, 07:32 AM
Softly rolling terrain! Gently rolling terrain!

Softly Squashing Sandy

Spectrum Bob
11-20-2004, 09:03 AM
Now for the big question, will there be any Podium Girls?
I would think you would like this to resemble a European classic as much as possible.

Please forgive my lack of political correctness but I do live next to our nations capital.

Sandy
11-20-2004, 09:18 AM
You guessed it! Kevan wants to be one or both of the podium girls, so that he can give me one or two kisses. I think I might decide not to race, and it won't be because of Cling, I mean Climb? :)

Which would be worse, losing to Climb, or being kissed by Kevan??

I don't want to win that much.

Heck, even if I lose, I will be on the podium, since it will be a two man race. If I win I lose, and if I lose, I lose twice. If I wear white socks, I lose 3 times.

Loser,

Sandy

RABikes2
11-20-2004, 09:42 AM
:no: :no: :no: Winner Sandy, you putting your mind to achieving your goal of 180lbs. makes you a winner, no matter what the outcome of the duel is. Nix the negative input! You need to feel, visualize, and believe you are a winner; constantly repeat my saying, "Positive thoughts bring positive results".

Being kissed by Podium Kevan...well, we can make it that the winner's socks get kissed by Kissable Kevan. How's that sound? :D

BSS with arms up in victory.......Fun time and cheers from all.

WSC with his new black socks on and shaking hands w/ BSS...more fun time.

Kissable Podium Kevan kissing Black Socks Sandy's socks.....priceless. :p

Sandy
11-20-2004, 03:06 PM
I went on a Smiley Bagel Run ride today of 28 miles. On a bagel run ride we ride to the bagel shop and..... Thatis correct, we eat bagels, or at least I do. I always get two bagels and eat them prior to leaving the bagel shop.

But, and I say but again, and even again... But Sandy had no bagels today at the bagel shop. No as in zero, as in nada, as in nothing, as in zippo......

Oh Climb, you are in a world of T R O U B L E !!!

Sure, I am still fatso Sandy. Sure I am Snail Sandy. But it will all change. Slowly, for sure, but it will happen. No I will not be able to keep up with Climb on the hills, but at least I will be able to see him (hopefully) so that I can roll over him on the descents.

Sincere Thanks to all who are giving Climb and Sandy suppoprt. You all are great (even that Calfee guy, whatever his name is). Bless you all. Perhaps I will buy you all first row seats for the next Pistons, Pacers game!

Love you all,

Sandy

Climb01742
11-20-2004, 03:39 PM
sandy, spurred on by prospect of our duel in the sun, i rode two great hours yesterday and two more today...undoubtedly my best rides in about a month or more...the vibes are already positive...thanks to you and everyone else...and oh yeah, sandy, who's your daddy? :beer:

Sandy
11-20-2004, 03:47 PM
Who is my daddy?? Big Daddy Smooth, who else??? :D

So Super Smooth So Supersonic Speedy,

Serotta Sandy

Sandy
11-20-2004, 03:48 PM
Blink!

Sandy
11-20-2004, 08:22 PM
I am so hungry!!! So very hungry!!! So very very hungry!!

I am eating probably 50 percent less calories and about 70 percent less carbos.

I'm about to climb the walls, Climb!

Starving Sandy

M_A_Martin
11-20-2004, 08:23 PM
Drink another glass of water Sandy!

Floating in Detroit

Ginger

BumbleBeeDave
11-20-2004, 08:46 PM
. . . at least now I understand the reason for Sandy’s rambling, alphabetical, incoherent soliloquy in SoCalSteve’s thread! ;) :rolleyes:

BBDave

RABikes2
11-20-2004, 08:57 PM
BSS!! Please...

If I may contribute a few tips...

*Do NOT starve yourself. :no:
*Eat in moderation.
*Eat carbs early in the day (so you can work them off during the day).
*Eat a good breakfast, your larger meal of the day at lunch, and a lighter meal at dinner.
*Drink plenty of water.

Take if off, to keep it off. ;)

You CAN do it BSS! We believe in you!

Sandy
11-20-2004, 09:23 PM
Go to the Pistons/Pacers thread and look at the picture that BBDave posted of the fight.

You will notice that ALL of the fighters are wearing WHITE socks and the 2 peacemakers, in the middle, are wearing BLACK socks.

Case Closed!!

The race will be between Black Sock Sandy- Good , and White Sock Climb- Evil

BSS

M_A_Martin
11-20-2004, 09:35 PM
Hmmmmm, I think I liked the Sandy who didn't label anyone evil better! Especially someone as sweet as Climb!

Go eat a piece of chocolate cake! Maybe a steak!

gasman
11-20-2004, 10:32 PM
:D I will be willing to pass on my secret for gas propelled acceleration to the highest bidder, or brib,or the biggest bib.
The user will have a chance or two to propel himself quickly to the lead and if already in the lead can assure he will stay there. This is a very dangerous weapon and may be on the banned list by the UCI.
The course judges will need to wear gas masks. :D

Climb01742
11-21-2004, 06:05 AM
sandy, chris carmichael's nutrition book has some really good ideas on losing weight. he recommends what seems very sensible, and doable over the long haul--aim for a 500 calorie per day deficit by eating 250 calories less each day and burning 250 calories more each day. i want you to lose the weight, but i also want you to be healthy, happy and ready to kick my butt. ;)

BumbleBeeDave
11-21-2004, 08:56 AM
Your efforts to appear magnanimous and sportsmanlike are laudable, but ultimately futile. We already know what an aggressive, arrogant, overbearing, pedalling hammer-monster you really are! . . . Oh, wait a sec, or was that what I am? Oh, well . . . you get the idea . . . ;)

BBDave

Climb01742
11-21-2004, 11:03 AM
bbd, it's my version of rope-a-dope... ;)

scottcw
11-21-2004, 11:12 AM
I would seriously like to lose 40-45 lbs. myself by spring. I am currently 6' 220 some-odd lbs. My fighting weight is around 175. What is a reasonable dietary intake/exercise program for someone who is too busy to count calories or spend hours at a gym?

Sandy
11-21-2004, 04:54 PM
You sound like me, except that at 175 I would be very thin. I am most interested in any responses that you get for your question.

Sandy

scottcw
11-21-2004, 07:53 PM
You sound like me, except that at 175 I would be very thin.

But think how fast you could climb...

Sandy
11-22-2004, 02:02 PM
So now you have a 14 pond bike without pedals. Not good enough!! Simply not good enough. In order to keep up with Black Socks Sandy, 14 pounds is not good enough. Try getting it down to single digits, say about 5-7 pounds. Surely, I won't be able to keep up with you going up the hills, but on the way down, when I roll over you and your super lightweight frame, I will only feel a little thud, instead of a man's size THUD. :) :)

By the way, week one on my diet has ended. I lost 4 pounds. I was somewhat disappointed, as I thought that I would lose more in the first week.

:banana: Manly Mirman :banana:

PS- I was eating probably about 5 bananas a day. Now I am averaging about one. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

scottcw
11-22-2004, 04:21 PM
PS- I was eating probably about 5 bananas a day. Now I am averaging about one.

I have been told when trying to lose weight, bananas = bad, apples = good.