PDA

View Full Version : Live.com... somebody take my computer away!

mandasol
12-01-2008, 03:22 PM
http://search.live.com/cashback/stores

I just discovered that the live.com rebate program works with 100's of stores including a few bike related:

backcountry.com 12.7% (don't know if it works when you buy something off of chainlove, but my savings account says don't even try to find out)
eBikeStop.com 6%
Sierra Trading Post 8%
Sun and Ski Sports 12%

Other stores are up to 20%

When is serotta.com joining in, I got my eye on those Castelli bib shorts?

I thought I was just going to get a few things off of ebay with the live.com rebates then quit, now I think I need to join a 12 step program to wean myself off the computer.

SoCalSteve
12-01-2008, 03:26 PM

I just discovered that the live.com rebate program works with 100's of stores including a few bike related:

backcountry.com 12.7% (don't know if it works when you buy something off of chainlove, but my savings account says don't even try to find out)
eBikeStop.com 6%
Sierra Trading Post 8%
Sun and Ski Sports 12%

I thought I was just going to get a few things off of ebay with the live.com rebates then quit, now I think I need to join a 12 step program to wean myself off the computer.

+ 1,000!

I'm up to over $1,600.00 dollars in savings!

ipod nano, space heater, Brooks Swallow x a few, wheels, etc, etc, etc...

mandasol
12-01-2008, 03:35 PM
+ 1,000!

ipod nano, space heater, Brooks Swallow x a few, wheels, etc, etc, etc...

So you realize that equates to at least about $6,400 in frivolous spending... well except for the space heater... and the saddle... and maybe one wheel set.

gman
12-01-2008, 05:18 PM
I will have a brand new HSG Ti, full DA, light hand-built wheels, carbon bar/stem, and other nice little tidbits for about $2500 - all new, thanks to Live.com.

First new ride in 10 years...

SoCalSteve
12-01-2008, 05:31 PM
So you realize that equates to at least about $6,400 in frivolous spending... well except for the space heater... and the saddle... and maybe one wheel set.

Actually, about $5,300.00 at 30% (but who's counting)?...Shhh, dont tell my wife!

Brooks saddles are NEVER frivolous spending!

Just sayin'

Steve

clweed
12-01-2008, 05:36 PM

eBikeStop.com 6%
Sierra Trading Post 8%
Sun and Ski Sports 12%

I feel your pain, I email ebay sellers and ask them to create auctions of several items combined so that I take full advantage of the $200 max and only use one purchase :)

Louis
12-01-2008, 07:19 PM

The more you shop the more you save !!!!

That never made any sense to me, but it might work better for others.

BumbleBeeDave
12-01-2008, 07:46 PM
. . . STOP me!

michael white
12-01-2008, 09:55 PM
I've done pretty well. . . did buy a Sony Bravia fancy tv. And lots of little things, extra sets of pedals, etc. stuff I will use. It has been pretty compulsive the past few days. I understand the idea of maximizing the discount, but honestly, most of the stuff I get on ebay auctions is a great discount anyway, that's sort of the point.

I don't even like to shop. . . so live.com must be doing something right.