PDA

View Full Version : Refinishers of carbon fiber...

SoCalSteve
12-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Hi all,

Besides the obvious (Calfee) who refinishes carbon fiber bikes, components, etc?

As always, thank you all in advance!

Steve

mandasol
12-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Hot Tubes (http://www.hottubes.com/ShopWebSite/Cervelos_Custom_Paint_Program.html)

Toby Stanton repaints carbon fiber and is authorized to repaint Cervelo and keep your factory warranty. I haven't used him, but I've seen his work. He did some prototype work for Blue Competition Cycles, which is just down the road from my office, and it's good stuff.

bfd
12-01-2008, 02:16 PM
As a Calfee owner who has had my frame refinished by Craig Calfee, they do great work.

However, if you want someone else, how about Joe's Bicycle Painting? They either did or still do OEM paint work for Calfee and Kestrel. Check out their gallery:

http://www.joesbicyclepainting.com/gallery/

Good Luck!

zap
12-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Rue Sports.

Birch
12-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Hi all,

Besides the obvious (Calfee) who refinishes carbon fiber bikes, components, etc?

As always, thank you all in advance!

Steve

Now what did ya break? :bike:

SoCalSteve
12-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Now what did ya break? :bike:

Actually, this goes along with my other question-posting of removing decals and refinsihing my FSA cranks...

I think in the end I will go with the "point and pay" method rather than mucking it up on my own...Probably cheaper and less frustrating (in the end) this way.

pdmtong
12-01-2008, 03:53 PM
roadrunnervelo.com

edgar used to be the main man at Calfee before leaving to do his own.

Birch
12-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Actually, this goes along with my other question-posting of removing decals and refinsihing my FSA cranks...

I think in the end I will go with the "point and pay" method rather than mucking it up on my own...Probably cheaper and less frustrating (in the end) this way.

I was kidding about the breaking stuff, but I'd be interested in knowing what kind of quotes you're getting for this kind of work.

Thanks!

Redturbo
12-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Crumpton does repairs. I'm not sure about refinishing.