PDA

View Full Version : ??????????????

Sandy
11-17-2004, 02:13 PM
Just what is wrong with black socks?????

Shoeless Sockless Serotta Sandy

Climb01742
11-17-2004, 02:16 PM
wind tunnel tests at a major university conclusively proved that they're hopelessly dorkie. :rolleyes:

Sandy
11-17-2004, 02:19 PM
But was the wind tunnel a red tunnel or a yellow tunnel or a white tunnel or....

I bet you that the wind tunnel wasn't a black wind tunnel.

Number One Dork

Litespeeder
11-17-2004, 02:21 PM
The problem with black socks is that they didn't win the World Series. The Red Sox won this year, and that's why there is so much Red Sox paraphernalia out there. Besides, you're too handsome to be wearing black socks.

;)

Climb01742
11-17-2004, 02:24 PM
sandy...are we talking about black socks with a tux or your ottrott? one is right and one is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo wrong! ;)

alembical
11-17-2004, 02:26 PM
Black socks are taboo? Next thing I will find out are that my argyle socks are also not fashionable even though they match the bike perfectly. Didn't that Lance guy where black socks? Black socks just seem to make so much sense, especially if you knew how dirty I am and how un-white my whites are. Plus aren't most shorts and bibs still black, see I just match.

ALembical

Sandy
11-17-2004, 02:29 PM
Most of my friends and I wear one red sock and one white sock (or none at all) when we go out to a ball game in our tuxedos. So I know that I am correct there. I mean the Ottrott.

I like black socks since they do not show dirt and grease...

Am I really a dork for riding my Ottrott with black socks, or am I a dork for other reasons?

A dork who is great with a fork,

Sandy

Climb01742
11-17-2004, 02:32 PM
athletic socks should come in only one color. white, do you hear me, white. don't make me come over there and clean out your sock drawer, sandy.

Kevan
11-17-2004, 02:39 PM
they're not long enough. :D

Nonsense I say! If Lance can dance with his calf-length athletics, you can wear basic black.

This guy owns and regularly wears a pair of heavy black PI's with his tights during colder weather. And I also have a pair of black Calfee socks that look damn fine against that black carbon frame.

So with tongue hanging out, I say, "Spppppllleerrrtttt!!!", to anyone who thinks basic black is out.

Sandy
11-17-2004, 02:40 PM
My 5 sock drawers are quite neat, I must say.

Drawer 1- Left foot black socks.
Drawer 2- Right foot black socks.
Drawer 3- Colored socks
Drawer 4- Dirty looking socks- Always white socks
Drawer 5- One for you if you dare come over here to rearrange my socks!!! :)

Preparing to sock Climb,

Sandy

zap
11-17-2004, 02:48 PM
Yah, but what about red shorts! Or White, Yellow or Green :confused:

davids
11-17-2004, 02:53 PM
athletic socks should come in only one color. white, do you hear me, white. don't make me come over there and clean out your sock drawer, sandy.
Climb, soon you're going to be saying that a sloping top tube makes it a girl's bike!

Three words for you, my friend: Smartwool RBX Racer! Smartwool RBX Racer! Smartwool RBX Racer!

Climb01742
11-17-2004, 03:05 PM
no, no, no!!!!!!!

Kevan
11-17-2004, 03:07 PM
you're not wearing white socks with your dress shoes are you?! :D

Sandy
11-17-2004, 03:13 PM
Sadly, Climb is wearing white socks with his dress shoes- his cycling shoes, without the cleats. Talk about ugly!! :banana: :banana:

:) Sad Sandy :)

William
11-17-2004, 03:19 PM
THE BONES!!!
JUST LOOK AT THE BONES!!!

I'll will give Shino a couple of fashion points for the skull & cross bones on those Barney faux-paws.

What's next??????????????????????????????

Shino with black over-the-knee socks with a skull & Sandy on the side???????????? :no: :no: :no: :no:

William ;)

It's very sad to think of the amount of band-width that is being wasted here. :confused: :D

JohnS
11-17-2004, 03:30 PM
I wear the Smartwools and love them. They're padded and wicking. Come on everyone! We go out in public wearing tight lycra with padded crotches. how do black socks make an outfit like that unstylish? :crap:

Climb01742
11-17-2004, 03:31 PM
you're not wearing white socks with your dress shoes are you?! :D

kevan, you're assuming i have dress shoes. my profession, advertising, doesn't require us supposed creative types to ever dress up, so i do not own a suit, a tie or any fancy shoes. the only shoes i wear are sneakers and clogs. yippee!!!! all with white socks! :D

vaxn8r
11-17-2004, 03:43 PM
Everybody ends up with black socks out here in Oregon....even if you start with white ones. I don't even buy white socks anymore.

OldDog
11-17-2004, 04:04 PM
When are you sissy's gonna dump the shiney Lycra dancing tights and disco colored jackets and forget about your socks!! Dress like a MAN, where CARHARTT heavy cotton pants and fleece lined jacket and cover your feet with real goose lined RED WING boots, cleats screw into the sole lugs JUST FINE! And sloping tubed bikes ARE girls bikes.

SACHS and MERCKX MXL: Steel, lugged, threaded steerer and LEVEL TT

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

5:00 - I'm going home, flame me tomorrow ;)

dnovo
11-17-2004, 04:07 PM
Go away for a bit, come back, and see that nothing has changed. Its deja vu all over again. Thanks guys, never change, it's nice to have a sane, happy place to visit when you can take a break from the real world. Dave N.

M_A_Martin
11-17-2004, 05:17 PM
Sandy Sandy Sandy

The problem with Shino's black socks is that the rest of his outfit was red white and blue...very patriotic, but not a combination that goes with black socks! Red socks yes, white socks, sure, black socks NO NO NO!

Navy and black do NOT go together!

Ginger
(who does wear black cycling socks on occasion, but only with black shorts and usually when riding something other than a road bike)

:banana:

dnovo: Where is this sane happy place you speak of? And what's this reality stuff? Do we need to worry about it?

Sandy
11-17-2004, 05:22 PM
Now you tell me!! I just finished painting my bike white, buying white cycling socks, and throwing away my black shorts, replacing them with white ones. :D

So Pale So Very Pale So Very White,

Whitey

shinomaster
11-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Silly Ginger, Black goes with everything!!!

Bill Bove
11-17-2004, 06:48 PM
I just bought a dozen Sock Guy socks in glorios pink off a close out table at a century. I usually only put slow moving stuff on the close out table so this must have been a mistake, I feel kinda bad taking advantage of them. But hey!! Twelve pair of pink socks :banana: :banana:

Hard Fit
11-17-2004, 08:01 PM
So Fashion Police,

I understand white socks with light colored cycling shoes, but a lot of cycling shoes are black. So, we're in black shorts, black shoes, and white socks?? Is it dorky to wear dark colored socks with them? What about when you are wearing black tights? You have black shoes, black tights and white socks showing????

In definite need of fashion help.

Sandy
11-17-2004, 08:03 PM
Hard Fit might be hard to fit, but he or she is very bright!

Sandy

SPOKE
11-17-2004, 08:43 PM
last year i started wearing the Defeet wool socks. i wear the thin ones most all season here in NC. i have a couple pairs of their thick ones too for the rare cold days. all i can say is..............my feet have never been happier since the switch. i would never have believed that using a wool sock would help relieve my minor hot spot issue on the ball of my right foot.

yes, i do like the black ones.........all the time.

shinomaster
11-17-2004, 08:58 PM
Does anyone know where to get the old style of Giordana wool sox. The kinds with the black toe and heal. They were the best ever socks...Cool max sucks, and stinks... PU..

Look it doesn't matter what friggin sox you have on in a race...

toaster
11-17-2004, 08:59 PM
Depends on what color your shoes are. I've got black and white DMT's and the combo looks clean.

My Sidi's in a blue leather (Genius model) don't look so good with black socks.

But who cares. Sometimes you go out purposely unmatched with jerseys and shorts just to ride with clothes that are clean not because you're going out to dinner.

Ride your bike.

shinomaster
11-17-2004, 09:10 PM
mud conquers all...even white castelli socks..

shaq-d
11-18-2004, 12:19 AM
speaking of socks, they do the "warren miller" ski movie once a year every year here in toronto at a posh local theatre downtown.. this year they were announcing the giveaway prizes: trip to colorado, skis, whatever.. the crowd just half-heartedly cheered each one.. then they announced, 10 pairs of wooly techy ski socks..the whole crowd cheered lustily :)

sd

M_A_Martin
11-18-2004, 12:27 AM
Whoa, Toaster!

You mean I'm supposed to *match* my jerseys and shorts!

Wow...I had no idea.

I usually operate on the: If I'm riding the road I want to be so obnoxious looking that drivers will veer out of the way to avoid getting any of that obviously deadly lack of fashion sense on their cars theory. It seems to work.

Attila175
11-18-2004, 01:19 AM
Not only is this dork wearing black socks, he has one of those trendy "join the in crowd" yellow wrist bands :D

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/tour04/stage15/S-ARMSTRONGARRIVO-842.jpg

Sandy
11-18-2004, 06:09 AM
Thanks for all the support!!! It warms my heart. I mean feet.

BSU Sandy

Too Tall
11-18-2004, 07:10 AM
I pen this sad note from a ward in St. Jude's asylum where I've been in a rubber room ever since I had a mental picture of Sandy in White shorts and black socks. Blinded by the fright. Send dead roses.

Kevan
11-18-2004, 07:10 AM
you might recall I gave you a pair of black socks on our first date. :D

Okay...okay... you wisenhimmers, our first meeting was like a Sandy's sandals worn with black socks, plenty of soul , but no tongue. :D

(Where do I come up with this shi..?)

Climb01742
11-18-2004, 09:13 AM
how powerfully bad are black socks? they can make even my boy lance look like a dork....black socks...oh, the horror, the horror... :no:

zap
11-18-2004, 09:30 AM
Too Tall-your more man than I. I had the same image the other day but could not admit it until now.

Maybe thats why I took up running.

Punish me. Punish me..... :crap:

M_A_Martin
11-18-2004, 09:37 AM
Ooooo....Shino has sideburns...

That's the one exception to the black socks rule...we didn't have all the details at first...

sideburns and black socks...