PDA

View Full Version : Campy dropout adjusters

sokyroadie
11-30-2008, 10:30 AM
Anyone have a source and is there any difference in them? The Lippy frame I bought has Campy horizontal dropouts but the adjusters are missing.

Thanks,
Jeff

David Kirk
11-30-2008, 10:44 AM
They are pretty much standard deals. The screws are all about the same but the "handles" can vary in shape a bit but they function the same. Most any bike shop that's been around a while will have some in the junque bin in the back room. If you can't find any let me know as I have a stash.

dave

P.S. If the builder did not provide the screws it's possible that they never cleaned out those threads. If the threads aren't clean you'll have real trouble getting the screw in. You'll need to buy a M3 tap at your local hardware store and use it to clean the paint out of the threads to make sure stuff works as it should. You also want to be sure that you grease them very well when you install them so they don't freeze in place over the years.

alancw3
11-30-2008, 10:52 AM
They are pretty much standard deals. The screws are all about the same but the "handles" can vary in shape a bit but they function the same. Most any bike shop that's been around a while will have some in the junque bin in the back room. If you can't find any let me know as I have a stash.

dave

P.S. If the builder did not provide the screws it's possible that they never cleaned out those threads. If the threads aren't clean you'll have real trouble getting the screw in. You'll need to buy a M3 tap at your local hardware store and use it to clean the paint out of the threads to make sure stuff works as it should. You also want to be sure that you grease them very well when you install them so they don't freeze in place over the years.

+1 the originals had a blued/blackened steel round adjuster. later models have a plastic pinch shaped adjuster. both function the same just if you are doing a classic restoration you want the round. i have seen the original screws/springs go for about $20 on ebay. the later models much less.

dvs cycles
11-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Which part screws off of which if I wished to remove mine from my Pinarello.
I have the knurlled nut type.

cpg
11-30-2008, 08:30 PM
The knurled part screws off. Then you can remove the screws.

Curt