PDA

View Full Version : Ottrott owners that "Love" their Ottrott

dshaner
11-28-2008, 11:07 AM
There are many older threads from people who rode an Ottrott, purchased one and want a different geometry, or prefer their other bike.

Let's hear from riders who purchased a custom Ottrott, ride it, and love it.

93legendti
11-28-2008, 11:38 AM
Present.

Mine's in the Gallery.

Elefantino
11-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Present.

Mine's in the Gallery.
By voting "present" are you trying to run for president in 2012? :D

93legendti
11-28-2008, 12:19 PM
I've done a fair bit of community organizing in the last 2 years...

marle
11-28-2008, 03:46 PM
I've had my Ottrott since 2005 and have ridden it 15,000+ miles - enough said.

Pete Serotta
11-28-2008, 04:26 PM
All the folks, but one, that i know still have theirs and put lots of miles on the ole OTTROTT.

The only custom on mine is a 1cm shorter tt and everything else is standard SEROTTA geo... Love the ride- bet that comes as a shock :D :D

There are many older threads from people who rode an Ottrott, purchased one and want a different geometry, or prefer their other bike.

Let's hear from riders who purchased a custom Ottrott, ride it, and love it.

Ahneida Ride
11-28-2008, 04:53 PM
I own a Legend ...

I demoed a Ottrott a while back that was spot on size wise ....

Phenomenal bike ... A unique combination of performance and comfort.

Chief
11-28-2008, 05:08 PM
My 6-year old Ottrott has over 51,000 miles on it and it is still going strong. I'll get another one when this one rolls over 100,000 miles. :banana:

sloji
11-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Haven't really tried many other bikes but after 6,000 miles this year in 7 mos of riding i'm not done yet!

sc53
11-29-2008, 08:15 AM
Love my 50cm custom Ottrott, bought it in April 05.

blschaefer1
11-29-2008, 11:23 AM
I seem rotate various carbon bikes through my stable on a regular basis - multiple Colnago's, multiple Look's, an Orbea, a BMC, etc.

When asked if I could only keep one bike - my answer is easy. The Ottrott.

Best overall ride I have ever owned. I will never get rid of it. In fact, I am planning on getting it refinshed by CycleArt in San Diego this winter.

SoCalSteve
11-29-2008, 12:57 PM
I had a huge problem with the ST rear end right out of the box with my Ottrott..Took it to a Serotta dealer and they fixed the issue (it was a quality control issue on Serotta's part).

Now, after a couple thousand miles of riding, I am very happy with my Ottrott and will probably never sell it.

Steve

Bruce K
11-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Love my Ottrott.

Also love my Meivici.

Different bikes, different rides.

The Councours will probably be retired by next summer.

BK

Ti Designs
11-29-2008, 01:52 PM
I love my custom La Corsa, don't want anything else. If you take that statement and adjust the "La Corsa" part for a non bike shop salary, you get the same thing that everybody else said. I also love my Ferarri (Honda), my estate (shack) and the general respect I get from the community (my mommy still loves me!).

Erik.Lazdins
11-29-2008, 05:53 PM
I have over 10,000 miles on this - including 2 hours today - the best bike I've ever owned - a terrific ride.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=20694&highlight=vintage+ottrott

Sandy
11-29-2008, 06:41 PM
I love my custom La Corsa, don't want anything else. If you take that statement and adjust the "La Corsa" part for a non bike shop salary, you get the same thing that everybody else said. I also love my Ferarri (Honda), my estate (shack) and the general respect I get from the community (my mommy still loves me!).

You have the general respect and your mommy still loves you. That is the most imoortant part. Your castle, Porsche 911 GT3 RS, and MeiVici are only icing on the cake. :)

Sandy

TimD
11-29-2008, 09:27 PM
I've had a new-to-me Ottrott ST for a month. I sold a Pegoretti Marcelo to finance it (well, to get it past the Accounting Department). Two hundred fifty miles on it so far, sharing time with my Legend and my single-speed.

Definitely it has the 'magic carpet' ride; for example, vibration from chipseal is noticeably reduced. The fork is a 10.5 F3, which feels quite stiff; I may try an Ouzo Pro. Overall it feels extremely responsive.

Ask me again in another month :)

Tom Byrnes
11-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Love my Ottrott. Also love my Meivici.
Different bikes, different rides.

BK

Like Bruce, I have both a custom Ottrott ST and a MeiVici and love them both. I have been riding the MeiVici much more than the Ottrott. But that is going to change soon as I recently bought an Easton EC90 carbon wheelset for the Ottrott and intend to ride the Ottrott much more next year.

Sandy
11-30-2008, 07:58 AM
I have an Ottrott ST and really enjoyed riding it. Hopefully I will write a comparison between my new all steel CDA and the Ottrott next spring. Prior to the Ottrott, I had a CSI with the F1 fork. Loved the fork. The CSI was rock solid and stable and seemed glued to the ground.

The Ottrott, like the CSI is wonderfully efficient in transferring pedal input into forward motion- even better than the CSI, in my opinion. It also shares the superior stability at speed with the CSI and the balance from rear to front. I may have liked the F1 fork better than the F2 on my Ottrott.

The Ottrott seems to be more responsive and gives a lighter and quicker feel than the CSI. It possesses a liveliness that the CSI did not. I prefer the Ottrott ST and I loved the CSI.

One must remember that there are tubing choices on the Ottrott, which has a significant impact on how the bike rides. One should carefully consider said choices and correspondingly consider what wheelset, tire, and psi to use as they affect the ride quality of the Ottrott. Many cyclists have said that the Ottrott has a plush ride. I never considered that to be the case. I changed from 700x23 tires to 700x25 tires and lowered the psi by 20 psi rear and 15 psi rear and have found the ride quality and handling much improved.

All in all, the Ottrott ST is the best bike I ever rode. I think the CDA may turn out giving me a little better ride quality, but not quite as responsive to pedal input. I am surprised how much more like the Ottrott the CDA seems to ride than like the CSI- lively, light, and responsive feel.

Bottom line- Ottrott ST- Best bike I have ever ridden. Has it all- stability at speed, efficient transfer of pedal input into forward motion, balance of front and rear into a single unit, liveliness, confidence inspiring, and fun! Excellent build too.

Sandy

93legendti
11-30-2008, 12:14 PM
I am so happy with my Ottrott ST, that I forwarded the spec sheet to Tom Kellogg and Dave Kirk when they agreed to build new bikes for me. The 3 bikes are essentially brothers with minor tweaks of HT length, fork rake and HTA.

sam
12-03-2008, 05:50 PM
I got my Ottrott with DKS from Ron Kiefel at Wheat Ridge about 5 years ago. I have put about 40,000 miles on it including the 2008 PAC Tour Southern Transcontinental.

I truly believe that once you go Ottrott you never go back!

Pete Serotta
12-03-2008, 07:23 PM
make sure you get the wine rack on it before MARCH

Like Bruce, I have both a custom Ottrott ST and a MeiVici and love them both. I have been riding the MeiVici much more than the Ottrott. But that is going to change soon as I recently bought an Easton EC90 carbon wheelset for the Ottrott and intend to ride the Ottrott much more next year.