93legendti
11-28-2008, 07:10 AM
See title.

michael white
11-28-2008, 09:31 AM
thanks. just bought a Sony widescreen. It's YOUR fault! :fight:

paczki
11-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Would someone please post a Computrainer or two?

znfdl
11-28-2008, 09:40 AM
Just got a Nintendo Wii for my two sons

93legendti
11-28-2008, 09:56 AM
thanks. just bought a Sony widescreen. It's YOUR fault! :fight:
Sorry, I didn't think anyone actually read my posts. :D

I got some studded cross tires.

michael white
11-28-2008, 09:58 AM
Sorry, I didn't think anyone actually read my posts. :D

I got some studded cross tires.

slow day, ya know? :rolleyes:

oldguy00
11-28-2008, 10:03 AM
I wish it were available for Canadians.... :(

oldguy00
11-28-2008, 10:07 AM

rphetteplace
11-28-2008, 10:08 AM
does anyone know how long these discounts are going to last?

93legendti
11-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Would someone please post a Computrainer or two?

My 2 1/2 yr old boy would say "here go":

http://cgi.ebay.com/Computrainer-PRO-3D-8002_W0QQitemZ170283036418QQihZ007QQcategoryZ36141 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

93legendti
11-28-2008, 05:12 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360111572685&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

SoCalSteve
11-28-2008, 05:57 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360111572685&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

John is a good buddy of mine. He got a great deal on a whole bunch of these forks...

Buy with confidence from him! I know I have...

Steve

93legendti
11-28-2008, 05:58 PM
I would if I needed it. What, ~$100 for a new Ouzo Pro? Amazing deal.

Dekonick
11-28-2008, 06:17 PM
I bought one from Serotta last year when they were clearing stock...

BumbleBeeDave
11-28-2008, 06:30 PM
I went to Live.com and did a search, found the item I wanted on eBay, and there's a link at the top for conditions of the program. It seem that Microsoft is paying you 30% cash back in return for using their search engine site to find the deal? Is that the way it works? . . . but the item with Buy It Now, pay with PayPal, and MS sends you a check?

BBD

michael white
11-28-2008, 06:52 PM
paypal credit, takes a few weeks to clear. . .

that's what I understand. I've been blowing money today.

MRB
11-28-2008, 06:57 PM
I went to Live.com and did a search, found the item I wanted on eBay, and there's a link at the top for conditions of the program. It seem that Microsoft is paying you 30% cash back in return for using their search engine site to find the deal? Is that the way it works? . . . but the item with Buy It Now, pay with PayPal, and MS sends you a check?
BBD

BBD,
That is pretty much how it works. There is a delay in that you don't receive payment for about 60 days or so. You have to go to you live acct, and make sure the default payment method / acct details are set to your paypal or your home address.

BOL,

JA

runtimmyc
11-28-2008, 07:15 PM
just an fyi,
I think it is now an instant rebate if it is under about 6 bucks in rebates. At least this was the case for me a couple days ago.

issixtoomany
11-28-2008, 07:22 PM
I did two transactions today, the first 30% refund went instantly to my paypal account (around $89). The second is listed as pending, I assume 60 days wait like my prior transactions. No idea why the first was instant, but I used the $89 to pay for the second.

paczki
11-28-2008, 08:48 PM
My 2 1/2 yr old boy would say "here go":

http://cgi.ebay.com/Computrainer-PRO-3D-8002_W0QQitemZ170283036418QQihZ007QQcategoryZ36141 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thank you sir!

93legendti
11-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Thank you sir!
You're welcome. Caution: live.com is addicting.

BumbleBeeDave
11-29-2008, 07:39 AM
. . . I go do a search on Live.com, find the item I want on eBay through their search, buy it, pay through PayPal, and get the credit. Do I have to use Buy It Now or can it be through a regular auction win?? Does eBay automatically know that I found the item through live.com, or is there some code I have to enter or special link?

So Microsoft is essentially paying people to use their new search engine? I assume this is to help them compete with Google?

BBD

michael white
11-29-2008, 09:32 AM
. . . I go do a search on Live.com, find the item I want on eBay through their search, buy it, pay through PayPal, and get the credit. Do I have to use Buy It Now or can it be through a regular auction win?? Does eBay automatically know that I found the item through live.com, or is there some code I have to enter or special link?

So Microsoft is essentially paying people to use their new search engine? I assume this is to help them compete with Google?

BBD

you put the item in your watch list first. then go to live.com, then to ebay (thru "cheap wii"), and when there pull up your watch list. open the item to buy. yes it has to be a bin sale, not an auction. it should show a green banner at top. if so, buy it, and the rest is self-explanatory. try it once, and you'll see.

but as you have been warned, watch out. I did about four in my first two hours.

yes, Microsoft aims to buy a piece of the market.

djg
11-29-2008, 09:40 AM

BBD

Bit of a shame that they won't just pay us outright, but it does seem to be some sort of package that they've worked out with paypal and others to incent people to try the search engine and, in particular, shopping with the search engine. I signed up yesterday and bought a Reynolds fork. It's not completely transparent, but it does seem to be working. There are two stages of registration, but once you respond to the confirmation e-mails, the system does seem to recognize what you're doing. I don't yet have the credit in my pp account, but the cashback account shows the rebate (this didn't appear instantly, but did appear soon after the transaction). Not being sure about the whole thing, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try it with a transaction that was appealing in any case (a new ouzo pro fork in the right rake, delivered for about 150 bucks, was something I'd use at a price I liked -- if the 40 plus buck kickback comes through, then all the better).

gman
11-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Timing is everything...

Just spent the last week buying up all the bits and pieces to finish out the build of my new HSG Ti that I bought two weeks ago. The frame is new with tags at a shop in Portland OR and I won it on ebay for $1100. Thanks to this Live.com cashback thing, I bought a full DA 10 group, FSA carbon bar and stem, SLR saddle, King HS, and DA hubs - all of it New for 25% off.

It would have been nice to get 30%, but I am one happy camper.

Now I just need to have the patience as this all trickles in over the next week or so. Hopefully the wheel stuff gets here first so I can build them and have them "ready to roll" when the rest gets here.

I only have one opportunity left out of the 12. Maybe I should spring for something the Mrs would like... :D

oldguy00
12-02-2008, 07:09 PM
You guys are killin' me. I can't believe they aren't offering it to Canadians!! :crap: :crap:

39cross
12-02-2008, 07:48 PM
You guys are killin' me. I can't believe they aren't offering it to Canadians!! :crap: :crap:Send a PM to Stephen Harper, I believe he hangs out on the forum.

jmeloy
12-02-2008, 07:59 PM
just landed a Park PCS 10 work stand for $156 shipped AND the $32.60 (25% not 30%) was transferred into my Paypal account instantly! Schweeeeet!
Funds from other purchase I made (new Selle Italia Max Flite Gel Flow saddle in white... $85 shipped!) won't be deposited for a couple of more weeks.

14max
12-02-2008, 08:39 PM
just landed a Park PCS 10 work stand for $156 shipped AND the $32.60 (25% not 30%) was transferred into my Paypal account instantly! Schweeeeet!
Funds from other purchase I made (new Selle Italia Max Flite Gel Flow saddle in white... $85 shipped!) won't be deposited for a couple of more weeks.

Thanks for the reminder. I've been wanting to pick up a PCS 10 and an AK-37 tool kit. I did it tonight and got cash back instantly as well.

CaliFly
12-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Picked up a Specialized S-Works helmet for a song just before it went to 25%. Phew!

GuyGadois
12-02-2008, 11:28 PM
What are you using to search on Live.com to get the 30%? I am only able to get 20% - ugh.

Volant
12-03-2008, 12:34 AM
It appears to be 20% now. They keep changing it, started at 30%, went to 25%, back up to 30%, now it's 20%. Any thoughts as to why they keep changing it?

Elefantino
12-03-2008, 01:05 AM
It appears to be 20% now. They keep changing it, started at 30%, went to 25%, back up to 30%, now it's 20%. Any thoughts as to why they keep changing it?
ADD

14max
12-03-2008, 07:13 AM
No discount at the moment. Give it a few hours and we'll see what happens...

Fuzzybird
12-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Hi Everyone,

I can't seem to get the cash back thing to work. I followed Michael Whites instructions that he posted. I used google and signed into my ebay account, found a set of pedals (that has a buy it now feature) and put them in my watch list.

I then closed google and went to live.com and signed into ebay and went to my watch list, however, I did not see a "Live" discount or a "Green" banner.

I then thought maybe I have to perform the search by going through live.com/cashback. So I went that route and when I put in "Ebay", it brought up a bunch of books about Ebay.

What am I doing wrong?

Greg

SoCalSteve
12-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Hi Everyone,

I can't seem to get the cash back thing to work. I followed Michael Whites instructions that he posted. I used google and signed into my ebay account, found a set of pedals (that has a buy it now feature) and put them in my watch list.

I then closed google and went to live.com and signed into ebay and went to my watch list, however, I did not see a "Live" discount or a "Green" banner.

I then thought maybe I have to perform the search by going through live.com/cashback. So I went that route and when I put in "Ebay", it brought up a bunch of books about Ebay.

What am I doing wrong?

Greg

Close all your windows. log on to Internet Explorer or whatever. Go to Live.com. Sign in. type in Sram Red. First thing that will come up will be a link to ebay. click on it. Sign in to ebay. There will be a banner across the top saying what the discount is...But something using Buy It Now and then pay with Paypal...You will then either get an instant rebate to Paypal or you will have to go to your Cashback account in Live.com (which you need to set up).

Dont use Google, dont log in to ebay until you go through Live.com first.

Good luck!

Steve

glenwitwer
12-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Greg,

Here is how I did it.

First create live.com account

Then type wii in the search box on live.com
It pulls up a bunch of links one being wii on ebay. You will see the 30% off logo. Click on it and it should bring you to ebay showing wii stuff for sale. Go to the search tab and search for your item. It should pull up your item and the 30% logo should appear at the top of the ebay page. You should be good from there.

Glen

michael white
12-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Greg,

Here is how I did it.

First create live.com account

Then type wii in the search box on live.com
It pulls up a bunch of links one being wii on ebay. You will see the 30% off logo. Click on it and it should bring you to ebay showing wii stuff for sale. Go to the search tab and search for your item. It should pull up your item and the 30% logo should appear at the top of the ebay page. You should be good from there.

Glen

my point was this: once you are signed up and signed into Live.com, then you can just go to your ebay summary and pull up everything you've saved. So you can hunt for bargains, store them, and then conveniently access them later when you are ready to buy, you can buy several items right then if you wish, and you don't have to check thru every bin item again to find the exact right one. The green banner will appear when you've gone thru the hoops. Right now it's 20%, but it was always a 200.00 max cashback, so if your item is a grand or so, as one of mine was, it's all the same discount anyway.

14max
12-03-2008, 12:08 PM
my point was this: once you are signed up and signed into Live.com, then you can just go to your ebay summary and pull up everything you've saved. So you can hunt for bargains, store them, and then conveniently access them later when you are ready to buy, you can buy several items right then if you wish, and you don't have to check thru every bin item again to find the exact right one. The green banner will appear when you've gone thru the hoops. Right now it's 20% , but it was always a 200.00 max cashback, so if your item is a grand or so, as one of mine was, it's all the same discount anyway.

I'm not even seeing 20% at the moment. Is it still coming up 20% for some items?

michael white
12-03-2008, 12:12 PM
yes, right now 20%.

KJMUNC
12-03-2008, 12:12 PM
It's 20% right now. May or may not change again (it was 30% for the past week)

Have to go through the hoops mentioned above before you will see it and you have to link to ebay via live.com

Wayne77
12-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Certain keywords will still trigger the higher 25% discount. Go to live.com and type in "ipod". One of the links that comes up at the top will say "Shop Ipod". This will direct you to an ebaystores site. But you can then browse back to the ebay home page and search for whatever you want (You don't need to have your items pre-saved in your watchlist). If you select an item with a BIN price and click "Buy It Now" (You still have one more confirmation page before committing) you will see that the discount that comes up is 25%. There may also be a small banner at the top of any ebay page that says "live.com discount 25%".

I'm pretty sure "onkyo" will work as a search term to bring up the 25%.

I'm guessing ebay is adding a little extra incentive to shop through ebay stores by offerring 25% through ebaystores.

Lucky for us, it appears to carry over when you navigate back to the regular ebay site. Don't know if this is a glitch or not, but it has worked great so far!! :)

**This assumes that one has already created a live.com user account and followed the procedures outline in this thread.

:banana: --just bought a new Tech21 guitar amp for the bedroom (I discovered that a 5e3 Tweed Deluxe is still too loud for home use :rolleyes: ) normally priced at $329. After the live.com discount of 25%, combined with an ebay coupon I had for 15% off, I got the amp for $210. :banana: :banana:

mandasol
12-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Certain keywords will still trigger the higher 25% discount. Go to live.com and type in "ipod". One of the links that comes up at the top will say "Shop Ipod". This will direct you to an ebaystores site. But you can then browse back to the ebay home page and search for whatever you want (You don't need to have your items pre-saved in your watchlist). If you select an item with a BIN price and click "Buy It Now" (You still have one more confirmation page before committing) you will see that the discount that comes up is 25%. There may also be a small banner at the top of any ebay page that says "live.com discount 25%".

I'm pretty sure "onkyo" will work as a search term to bring up the 25%.

I'm guessing ebay is adding a little extra incentive to shop through ebay stores by offerring 25% through ebaystores.

Lucky for us, it appears to carry over when you navigate back to the regular ebay site. Don't know if this is a glitch or not, but it has worked great so far!! :)

**This assumes that one has already created a live.com user account and followed the procedures outline in this thread.

:banana: --just bought a new Tech21 guitar amp for the bedroom (I discovered that a 5e3 Tweed Deluxe is still too loud for home use :rolleyes: ) normally priced at $329. After the live.com discount of 25%, combined with an ebay coupon I had for 15% off, I got the amp for $210. :banana: :banana:

I just typed Ipod and 25% came up for me too, and stayed even when I clicked through through to different pages. You're a genius, but I read this too late and made a purchase at 20% earlier, oh well.

Anybody have the magic key word for 50% off?

14max
12-04-2008, 07:16 AM
Live is addictive. I'm a click away from buying an aluminum bike for my trainer...

93legendti
12-04-2008, 07:28 AM
Live is addictive. I'm a click away from buying an aluminum bike for my trainer...

Even at 20% it's great.

jemoryl
12-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Isn't it ironic that "iPod" (an Apple product) triggers a higher discount on a Microsoft site? I'm planning to purchase an update for my Mac OSX OS from eBay, so I hope I can extract the 25%.

14max
12-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Even at 20% it's great.

I managed 25% typing "onkyo". The bike was a new floor model and was steeply discounted. The payback was instant so I just dropped it back into my account. Voila! A cheap bike with Ultegra 6603 for less than a set of Super Record 11 shifters...

runtimmyc
12-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Isn't it ironic that "iPod" (an Apple product) triggers a higher discount on a Microsoft site? I'm planning to purchase an update for my Mac OSX OS from eBay, so I hope I can extract the 25%.

yeah, searching for a zune doesn't bring up a discount. strange.

SoCalSteve
12-04-2008, 10:28 AM
yeah, searching for a zune doesn't bring up a discount. strange.

Try SRAM Red....always works, always gets me the BIG discount.

Just sayin'

Steve

14max
12-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Try SRAM Red....always works, always gets me the BIG discount.

Just sayin'

Steve

Steve - I tried that on my computer at work and got bupkus...

michael white
12-04-2008, 11:20 AM
seriously, if anyone gets 30 per cent, let us know, ok?

weatherman
12-04-2008, 11:21 AM
seriously, if anyone gets 30 per cent, let us know, ok?

20% last night using the "ipod" search strategy--call me greedy, but I held off buying some camera gear I was eyeing--gonna try for 30 later today.....

sw3759
12-05-2008, 04:55 AM
looks like it is down to 15% off today.... :cool:

Scott

Birddog
12-05-2008, 08:29 AM
Why doesn't Ebay come up as one of my options when I do a search. I get several stores, but not Ebay. I'm searching for a Garmin Nuvi 205 if that means anything.
Thanks,
Birddog

CaliFly
12-05-2008, 09:09 AM
Why doesn't Ebay come up as one of my options when I do a search. I get several stores, but not Ebay. I'm searching for a Garmin Nuvi 205 if that means anything.
Thanks,
Birddog

Search for something else like "ipod" or "wii fit" to get the ebay banner. Once you click the banner you can search for anything you want. :beer:

I'm actually thankful it's down to 15% right now...my pocketbook is drained from when it was at 30%!

Keith A
12-05-2008, 01:09 PM
I just checked myself as I found another item that I'd like to get and it is indeed at 15%.

Don49
12-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Thanks,
Birddog

Search for Nuvi 205 from main live.com page. Then hit "Live Search cashback" link in the upper right corner of the page. Then hitting the "web" link in the upper left hand corner of the page will show you the eBay cashback link. Kind of convoluted but it does work.

Don49
12-05-2008, 04:15 PM
I find it broken now also. Can't click through to eBay on any Cashback search. Hope it's just a glitch or the good times are over.

michael white
12-05-2008, 05:28 PM
it's not broken. There is no cashback for anyone. Wait a little while, and we'll see.

clweed
12-05-2008, 09:34 PM
It looks like it's Cold Turkey Time!

PoppaWheelie
12-05-2008, 09:39 PM
I still see it...although they've knocked it down to 15%.

michael white
12-05-2008, 11:58 PM
yeah, it's on again. It was off today. fyi: here's a webpage I've been visiting often which tracks the cashback:

http://www.taylorwilsdon.com/deals/current-ebay-live-cashback-amount

93legendti
12-07-2008, 07:47 PM
8% now...

Volant
12-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Just checked...confirmed it's 8%.

93legendti
12-07-2008, 08:32 PM
I just got this message:

"Sorry, you've exceeded the maximum cashback awards per account. See conditions."

cashback summary
Total cashback: $363.63 :(

Kirk007
12-08-2008, 11:35 AM
I just got this message:

"Sorry, you've exceeded the maximum cashback awards per account. See conditions."

cashback summary
Total cashback: $363.63 :(

Did you exceed max transaction amount? ( I think it is twelve on ebay)?

93legendti
12-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Yup, "wasted" the first one on a $20 item to see if it "worked" and then used the rest on smaller items, the biggest was probably a $300 ASUS laptop for my wife...

Steve in SLO
12-08-2008, 01:02 PM

12 is the transaction max per eBay account. If you have more than one eBay account, you can get more than 12 transactions.

Here's how I did it:
Signed in to live.com
Typed "campagnolo" in search, used the link to eBay.
Signed out with my regular eBay account and signed in with my other account (cashback icon still showed up).
Found an item, bought it--cashback icon still there.
Signed into Paypal and paid.
Transaction showed up in my live.com as pending the next day.

I'm up to 14.

I hope this helps somebody.
Steve

SoCalSteve
12-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Does anyone know what the % is today? Yesterday was 8%...

Thanks,

Steve

Volant
12-08-2008, 01:12 PM
8% today too.

woolly
12-08-2008, 01:13 PM
12 is the transaction max per eBay account. If you have more than one eBay account, you can get more than 12 transactions.

Here's how I did it:
Signed in to live.com
Typed "campagnolo" in search, used the link to eBay.
Signed out with my regular eBay account and signed in with my other account (cashback icon still showed up).
Found an item, bought it--cashback icon still there.
Signed into Paypal and paid.
Transaction showed up in my live.com as pending the next day.

I'm up to 14.

I hope this helps somebody.
Steve

Two different eBay accounts, but same PayPal account?

Keith A
12-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Does anyone know what the % is today? Yesterday was 8%...This website http://www.taylorwilsdon.com/deals/current-ebay-live-cashback-amount does seem to have the up-to-date info on the current deal available, even though the date on the website isn't correct.

Steve in SLO
12-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Two different eBay accounts, but same PayPal account?

Yup, I sign into my same PP account to pay and it works.

Volant
12-17-2008, 08:12 AM
Is the party over?! 0% for a while now.

keevon
12-17-2008, 08:29 AM
My guess? It'll come back early next year.

Wayne77
12-17-2008, 08:47 AM
It's actually been 8% for awhile now, it hasn't gone down to 0%...yet. You just need to use the right search terms.

The 2nd post of this thread that I came across is apparently updated with the latest (including the live.com search terms to get the discount)

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/838081/?start=0

I wouldn't be surprised if it jumps back up to 15-20% off shortly before Christmas...

Volant
12-17-2008, 09:06 AM
What search term are you using that shows 8%?

The Taylorwilsdon site also shows 0%.
http://www.taylorwilsdon.com/deals/...cashback-amount

Thanks!

Wayne77
12-17-2008, 02:39 PM
According to the link I posted, "T-Mobile Sidekick" will pull in 8% for ebay. Just tried it, worked for me...

thrasher
12-21-2008, 09:39 PM
I completed signing up for the cashback and I'm still getting 0 on ebay.

rockdude
12-21-2008, 10:31 PM
I think it is over for now. For the last 5 days or so, all I get is 0. I am glade I got a few items at 30% off.

Keith A
12-22-2008, 04:24 AM
The last couple of times I've tried it, I don't see any cashback deals on eBay...and the link listed above no longer works. The good news is that I have received most of my cash back from Live.com and it is now in my hands. Not only do they make you wait the 90 days before it is available, but then it takes 7 days to deposit in your PayPal account :rolleyes: However, I'm happy to have been able to save $200 on a set of the new Dura-Ace 7850-SL wheels.