PDA

View Full Version : Pick 3 spinervals

Dekonick
11-27-2008, 01:11 PM
which 3 would you suggest for winter training? I have never used any of them before...

deechee
11-27-2008, 02:48 PM
i recently picked up the tucson one and its much nicer to watch than a gymnasium full of sweaty people who look like they're still in the 90's. Also, I'm so happy the newer ones let you turn off the music track - they're usually quite bad.

avalonracing
11-27-2008, 04:21 PM
As most of them were produced locally (in the Baltimore area) you may see some local riders that you know or have seen around town.

My wife uses Spinervals and she thinks that it is fun to work out with some of our friends on the TV.

KeithS
11-27-2008, 05:17 PM
We ride to coach Troy at my LBS 3 times per week (it's a northern phenomonon). I really hate riding the trainer but if I have to choose I would vote for the On the Road series. The Mt. Lemmon ride in Tucson is part of that series. We did that last winter over 2 Sundays and the Madison WI (3 hours) and Lake Placid (also 3 hours). You can get all four for a pretty good price according to the web site.

We have done all of them over the course of a winter indoor season. Enjoy yourself.

Z3c
11-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Another vote for the Tucson video; the virtual ride is much more engaging than I anticipated.. I would buy one of those and some race videos but that is me; I don't get much out watching other people who are also stuck on trainers.

Dekonick
11-28-2008, 07:15 AM
Neither do I - thats why I am asking. I normally watch the History channel or similar...

Figured I would give 'em a try...

znfdl
11-28-2008, 09:42 AM
If you have a computrainer, get the erg videos at www.ergvideo.com. These are the best cycling videos period and are integratable with the coaching software.

paczki
11-28-2008, 10:00 AM
[QUOTE=znfdl]If you have a computrainer, get the erg videos at www.ergvideo.com. These are the best cycling videos period and are integratable with the coaching software.[/]

Which ones do you like best?

znfdl
11-28-2008, 10:36 AM
So far I have ridden the basecool video, about 3 hrs long.

Tomorrow, I will be doing the olympic distance time trial. For training for RAAM, I will do a time trial, rest an hour and repreat this series two more times.

I really like that the software keys off your functional threshold. Also, you can adjust the FTP but puting in a multiplier of say 80%, the software will then scale down the FTP for the ride.

This setup puts Spinverals back into the rock ages.....

Dekonick
11-28-2008, 10:36 AM
If you have a computrainer, get the erg videos at www.ergvideo.com. These are the best cycling videos period and are integratable with the coaching software.

Will they play WITHOUT the computrainer? (Just curious - besides I don't have the coaching software)

znfdl
11-28-2008, 10:38 AM
I do beleive that you can play them without the computrainer, but you will not get the automatic change in resistance.

For example, in the 4 person time trial, when you are sitting in, you get the draft, while when pulling the draft is eliminated. Same goes for going uphill.

Rover-Rich
11-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Videos look cool and the concept awesome, but, just wondering if there is any sound on the videos? I clicked on the samples on the their webpage and videos look smooth but no sound. Is that how the real ones are too?