PDA

View Full Version : Giving Thanks!

rdparadise
11-26-2008, 09:21 AM
Well, it's the time of year for reflection and what we can be thankful for around Thanksgiving.

I'll start and you can add on:

I'm thankful for my health;
I'm thankful for my family;
I'm thankful for my job/career;
I'm thankful that I've survived a rough year personally and grown tremendously from my challenges;
I'm thankful for the forum;
I'm thankful that I can still see dollar signs in my retirement plan, even if they are substantially smaller;
I'm thankful that this Friday is going to be nice enough for a post turkey day ride. :beer:

Next....

Bob

93legendti
11-26-2008, 09:26 AM
Well, it's the time of year for reflection and what we can be thankful for around Thanksgiving.

I'll start and you can add on:

I'm thankful for my health;
I'm thankful for my family;
I'm thankful for my job/career;
I'm thankful that I've survived a rough year personally and grown tremendously from my challenges;
I'm thankful for the forum;
I'm thankful that I can still see dollar signs in my retirement plan, even if they are substantially smaller;
I'm thankful that this Friday is going to be nice enough for a post turkey day ride. :beer:

Next....

Bob
I'm thankful:
for my family and their health;
for being alive;
for my health;
to be part of a vibrant democracy that has kept me free, safe and secure;
for my Nation;
for my religion;
for the ability to wisely use the gifts G-d gave me;
that my family has a home.

Tobias
11-26-2008, 09:39 AM
I'm thankful.

Viper
11-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all. Pretend your table was filled with nothing but fresh bread, cold water and warm people, then all the rest is simply gravy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzQDzfka7XM

:beer:

cmg
11-26-2008, 12:40 PM
thankful to be in a position that i can help others.

News Man
11-26-2008, 01:34 PM
The following reply to a question I posed about investing a large sum of money in the market several months ago.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=491692&postcount=6

I cannot overstate how much money this saved me. Thanks Steve.

rdparadise
11-26-2008, 02:02 PM
From SoCalSteve regarding your excess cash you had earlier this year. I have some real estate too, however the vast some of my meager wealth are in stocks and bonds and they've been pummelled over the past couple of months. I guess I'll be working several more years beyond my original retirement age due to the meltdown. Even still, I know I will survive, regardless.

Bob

johnnymossville
11-26-2008, 02:10 PM
Family, Health, Country, Good Roads to Ride On and a Job to pay for it all.

mikki
11-26-2008, 03:13 PM
Thankful I am able to happily live on less,
Thankful for the lessons I have learned by so doing.(focus on the good stuff)
Grateful for my health, my family, my friends, my clients, my staff, this forum.

Thankful downturns don't last forever.

HAPPY GIVING THANKS DAY!!

Elefantino
11-26-2008, 03:46 PM
I am thankful for tailwinds, downhills, uphills (sometimes) and the ability to enjoy them all with friends and my wife.

And I'm thankful for some of the great folks on this board. It's a nice place.

Oh ... and I'm serious.

Ben, you can keep the forum open! :D

girlie
11-26-2008, 03:47 PM
Thankful to be going home to sit with friends and family.

Hope everyone enjoys the day.
Best,
girlie

gemship
11-26-2008, 04:22 PM
Let us not give thanks to the Wampanoag. With out the aid of the Indian it may of been that much more effort for the white man to take this great land.
:beer:

rePhil
11-26-2008, 04:34 PM
I have so much to be thankful for. I am thankful that I am loved.

And this year I am especially thankful for our newest daughter in law. Last year on this day we were headed out the door to visit them on the other side of the state when the phone rang with the terrible news that she had some sort of severe asthma attack and was headed for the hospital. This young lovely nurse who works in NICU saving babies was battling for her own life. Seven days in intensive care.
This year she is blessing us with a grandson.

So this year I am thankful for Ashley.

michael white
11-26-2008, 07:22 PM
Last week a very good friend of mine went down riding in City Creek Canyon, Salt Lake. Brooke Hopkins is the most significant influence of my entire education, by a long shot, and he directed my PhD at the U. of Utah. It's truly a blessing to know this man, to have been a part of his life. He was apparently trying to avoid a cyclist coming uphill and lost control. I used to ride that canyon all the time with him when I was a grad student there in the 80s, and I still remember every curve. Brooke was always an impressive athlete, whatever he did, and that has not changed. His neck is broken in several places, and he is stubbornly hanging in there thanks to intensive care, respirator/pacemaker etc.

I am thankful he is still alive.

http://brookeandpeggy.blogspot.com/

chuckroast
11-26-2008, 07:54 PM
I am thankful that our two adult sons have turned out so well and are able to join my wife and me tomorrow.
I am thankful and grateful for my wife's love and companionship for more than 30 Thanksgivings together.
I am thankful for the blessing of my involuntary yet seamless career transition this year. I have discovered once again that things happen for a reason.
I am thankful for the continued ability to ride.
And finally, I am thankful for the unique circumstances that bring us together at this time in history. We are all lucky to live now and live here and I for one can't wait to see what the next year brings us.
Best wishes to you all.

soulspinner
11-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Thanks 4 this place to say thanks Ben. Heres to ya :beer: