PDA

View Full Version : Gore Bike Wear Countdown Glove

Ti-Boy
11-26-2008, 08:57 AM
Anyone have feedback on these gloves? Better than the PI AmPhibs? Need something for riding in the teens.

Charles M
11-26-2008, 09:16 AM
Not that I have the need here in AZ, but I have a set and they're really well made...

I sent em to a guy in northern Manitoba and they worked for him down in single digits but there's not much cuff extension / overlap, so the jacket / sleve junction was more critical.

ClutchCargo
11-26-2008, 10:07 AM
If you're going to be riding in the teens, you might be better off with gloves designed for skiing or snowboarding. I think riding specific gloves are designed with an emphasis on dexterity and thus have to give up on the insulation. At those temps I am willing to make the trade-off. My riding specific windstopper gloves don't really cut it below 30 degrees.

Ozz
11-26-2008, 10:56 AM
I've had a pair of Gore windstopper gloves for about 5 years now....more like the TOOL or MISTRAL gloves than the COUNTDOWN gloves. They are well made and have held up very well.

The only thing I don't like about them is the velvro wrist closure....they seem to have deleted this feature on their newer gloves, so I guess no one else like it either.

Bottom line is that I think they make a good product at a reasonable price.

Ti-Boy
11-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the feedback.