PDA

View Full Version : Sunglasses

Birddog
11-25-2008, 09:39 AM
I have been using the Bolle Vigilante w/RX adapter for several years. I'm thinking I would like to switch to Rudy Project with an RX adapter. Specifically, I'm interested in the Exception, Perception, or RB3 because of the flip up feature. Any users out there? Any thing I should know before pulling the trigger? I'm also open to other Rudy models that have an RX adapter. I will be using these for my PT job as a ski instructor in sunny NM as well as for cycling. I am only interested in feedback on the Rudys with RX adapter. For many reasons I can't/ won't use the prescription lenses.
Thanks,
Birddog

Far Rider
11-25-2008, 10:12 AM
I use both the Vigilante and RB3 with Rx adaptors. The RB3 is very handy when you need to see without sunshades, such as when you are off the bike and inside for a while. The RB3 sit well on the face but are slightly narrower than the Vigilantes and won't fit wide faces as well.

Birddog
11-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Thanks Far, just the sort of feedback I was looking for. I believe the Exception is for wider faces, so I may look that way since the Vigilantes are just right in width. The Perception and RB3 are apparently the same frame.

Birddog

Alan
11-26-2008, 04:55 PM
You may want to call Rob at Sport RX and talk to him. He is a cyclist and an optician. He helped me with my Rudys and they work great. I have ridden with Rob on our club rides in LA when he is in town and he is a good guy.

http://www.sportrx.com/contact.asp

eddief
11-26-2008, 05:04 PM
one pair! i like em a lot. downside for me has been that the flip up mechanism wears out after a while. i am on flip up mech number 3. it must cost about .75 to make and hard to find on the net for any less than $15. at least one time i begged rudy for a new one and i think customer service sent one for free. for spendy glasses, charging this much for a replacement part is not so good.

that said (as they say) i do love my rb3's.