PDA

View Full Version : I need a Ottrott cross bike Serotta Alyson

shinomaster
11-15-2004, 10:53 PM
Dear Serotta Alyson,

I saw you are offering Serotta sponsorship for 2005. I need to be sponsored for next years Cyclocross Crusade here in Portland Oregon.
This is what I need;

http://www.crosscrusade.com/
An Ottrott Cross bike with Record carbon parts and Bora wheels
A paid ride to all the races as I have no car or drivers liscense
A bunch of cool Serotta schwag-- Bibs, jerseys, socks etc...
A new Helmet
A new set of shoes
Titanium egg beaters
A new Girlfriend
A world class coach ( not Richard Simmons)
paid entry fees...racing is expensive..

So you ask what will Serotta get out of this investment??

Well, I guarantee to race all the races and finish somewhere in the middle of the pack in the C races. Maybe even in the top 15 if the bike is really light! I could wind up a "B" who knows??!! I also promise to tell everyone what great bikes Serotta's are, and that everyone should invest in one. Also I would sign lots of posters for the kids.

What do you think???

xxoo shinomaster :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Smiley
11-16-2004, 05:26 AM
Shino at least you look much better coordinated than BBDave's outfits. Hey Sheriff Alyson give the forumite a break and get him an Ottrott and what about my Hortrott ? :banana: :banana: I willing to pay for mine with cash and girl scout cookies .

William
11-16-2004, 06:08 AM
Hey Shino,
I'll chip in and sponsor you. But, you will have to wear my logo on your jersey. There is a catch though, You will have to back it up and kick some "A" if anyone challenges you. :D And then there is the socks, we will have to talk about the socks. ;)

Just Sayin"

William

Too Tall
11-16-2004, 06:14 AM
Good catch. Black socks no no no no no.

Bruce K
11-16-2004, 06:25 AM
as I don't covet an Ottrott cross bike.

I think I would make a good east coast candidate as I have more surface area for sponsorship logos and such than most cross riders. :D

I have been talking with Steve at Serotta trying to convince them they need to make the Fierte Ti in a cross bike version as a steel Fierte cross bike just doesn't "do it" for me.

I did tell Ben that after the Ottrott the only other Serotta he could probably sell me would be a cross bike.

If I brought another Concours (or G++ forbid a Legend or Ottrott) into the house, she who gave the Ottrott would become she who owns the Ottrott (and 1/2 of everything else). :rolleyes:

Somehow Shino, I think Ben Jaques-Maynes gives Serotta way more exposure with his Legend cross bikes in the Men's Elite category than you or I could ever hope to do, but they can't shoot us for trying.

Can they? :eek:

BK

BumbleBeeDave
11-16-2004, 06:48 AM
. . . where Shino-Pedaller got those shorts. I do not recall seeing him at TdFL!

BBDave

Sandy
11-16-2004, 07:38 AM
What is wrong with black socks?? I did just get some black tights for colder weather. Sock it to me, big guy.

Sockless Serotta Sandy

dirtdigger88
11-16-2004, 07:56 AM
I have black socks with the naked trucker lady on them- those are cool :p

jason

M_A_Martin
11-16-2004, 08:43 AM
Red socks go faster

Sandy
11-16-2004, 08:48 AM
I'm going to Performance. I'm looking for size 18 (USA) cycling shoes, and about 25 pair of red socks. I'll stuff those red speed machines in my size 18 shoes and go out and kick some serious butt.

Seeking Shoes Seeking Socks Serotta Sandy

M_A_Martin
11-16-2004, 08:50 AM
So tell me Oh-Shinomaster,

Why are't you racing single speed? I mean...if you really want to cause yourself some pain...I hear single speed cross racing is the way to go.

:banana:

shinomaster
11-16-2004, 11:26 AM
It gets so muddy here that anyone who wears new white socks in a race is a fool, or gets free socks. Also my pirate socks have skull and cross bones on them.
BB Dave is to embarrased to admite that a pack of 3" storm troopers stole his shorts and gave them to me.

I seriously think that serotta should get some racers on cross bike out west.There were 600 racers at the Stumptown Grand Prix. That is a lot of potential customers, and cross racing is growing every year.

There was a guy (master) who had a $3000+ colnago cross bike with zipp wheels at the race...I saw no Serottas....
Serotta should make a stock Coss bike that is affordable ( not $2000)

A cross bike should be light so carbon sounds good to me. I'll take the Ottrott. :banana:

Ginger single speed is to hard for lil' shino...

shinomaster
11-16-2004, 11:33 AM
Hey Shino,
I'll chip in and sponsor you. But, you will have to wear my logo on your jersey. There is a catch though, You will have to back it up and kick some "A" if anyone challenges you. :D And then there is the socks, we will have to talk about the socks. ;)

William

Thanks for the offer man...Do I get to wear spandex or kung fu duds?

William
11-16-2004, 11:46 AM
I don't do the duds.... :rolleyes:

But, you would be required to have a team mate blast "Everybody was Kung-Fu Fighting" through a Boom Box from the first turn every time you take a victory lap.:banana:

William :rolleyes: ;) :)

Ozz
11-16-2004, 11:55 AM
black socks with black tights = good
white socks with black tights = bad
black socks with shorts = you better be fast!

shinomaster
11-16-2004, 12:13 PM
black socks with black tights = good
white socks with black tights = bad
black socks with shorts = you better be fast!

all I'm sayin is that once you go black you won't go back.....to white sox ha ha. :banana: :banana:

Bruce K
11-16-2004, 12:14 PM
Shino;

I have heard that there is a group of racers in a "single speedo" class out your way.

Something about a helmet, bikes shoes, and a Speedo are all that is allowed for the rider to wear while racing a single speed cross bike.

MAN that sounds UGLY. :butt: :no: :crap:

BK

crossjunkee
11-16-2004, 01:15 PM
On Oct. 10th. at Harbin Park in Cincy, the winner of the women's elite race won a Serotta cross bike. It was for sure Ti, but I didn't get a chance to talk to her after the race. The bike was super cool. I personally ride a Strong cross bike but it's steel. I'll be upgrading to Ti next year and will for sure consider a Serotta. I see plenty of IF's and Seven's, but have only seen one Serotta, and she kicked serious butt on it. She even beat Alicia Genest who was riding a Richard Sachs (beautiful bike to by the way), she placed third.