PDA

View Full Version : Brooks Saddle Enthusiasts

Rapid Tourist
11-15-2004, 08:10 PM
I have two brooks saddles (Smiley's to blame for that!) and both make the same noise. There is a single click, like a single tick of a clock, sometimes when I get up out of the saddle, or sit on the saddle, or when I go over a bump. Any idea what this is and how to get rid of it? :confused: I tried tightening the bolt but that didn't eliminate it.

Thanks!

Ken Robb
11-15-2004, 08:16 PM
I hope you mean you tightened the bolt on the post and not the tensioning bolt in the nose of the saddle. That should only be turned after many miles if a sag begins to show.

rnhood
11-15-2004, 09:36 PM
Here is another thread on the topic that should help.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=5092

Too Tall
11-16-2004, 06:52 AM
I think it was Big Mac who put me onto using boiled linseed oil for bar clamps and saddle rails. Loosen the saddle rail clamp and slide the saddle to expose the rails. Liberally coat with linseed oil and reclamp...wait 24 hrs. Nature's loctite.

Sandy
11-16-2004, 07:05 AM
It will only get worse until you come back to Maryland again to do a couple of club rides. Enjoyed riding with you and our little :) y ride group. I like your :) s.

:) ing Sandy

jrm
11-16-2004, 05:40 PM
I had the same problem with mine. Lasted about 200-300 miles. Drove me crazy switched bikes/seatposts/greased clamp/tightened etc..
What fixed mine was some baseball mitt oil around rivets and all over saddle at least twice and a hundred or so more miles and it is click free.
Somebody on this site said it was the leather popping as it stretched to fit and he was right. See ya John. :banana: