PDA

View Full Version : Dura-Ace Triple - Soon to be reality!!

BdaGhisallo
11-15-2004, 04:52 PM
For those of you who have been itching for a DA triple, your prayers will soon be answered. Saw this snippet on the Bicycle Retailer & Industry News site this morning.

Shimano Adds A Triple To Dura-Ace Line

NOVEMBER 15, 2004 -- HEERENVEEN, Netherlands (BRAIN)--Shimano just laid out an ace with the announcement of a upcoming Dura-Ace triple crankset, playing to the hand of riders who want top-end equipment but whose legs don't match their mountains.

"We all want to ride like a pro, but let's face it: Not everybody has the legs for it," said Harald Troost, press officer for Shimano Europe.

"Since the introduction of our new Dura-Ace group last year, we have been receiving strong requests for a triple version. Well, it will be there," Troost said. The 10-speed triple will be available in May. The first photos will be out in December.

The Dura-Ace 10-speed triple will be fully compatible with the recently introduced Ultegra 10-speed triple. Its standard chainring combination will be 52-39-30, and it will be available in 165, 165.5, 170, 172.5, 175, 177.5 and 180-millimeter crank arm lengths.

"The technology and materials are the same as used in the double group, based on the concepts speed, smoothness and strength," Troost said. Cyclists will be "riding with professional level components, with the advantage of a much wider gear range. The Dura-Ace 10-speed triple group gives you 30 gears to control so you always will have the perfect gear within reach whether going up, down or on the flats," he added.

gdw
11-15-2004, 11:23 PM
Great. Do you know if they're planning to introduce another unique bolt circle diameter for the small chainring on this new and improved butt ugly crankset? :banana:

dirtdigger88
11-16-2004, 07:54 AM
I would not call them butt ugly :no: Let me guess- you ride campy carbon-

jason

gdw
11-16-2004, 11:35 AM
I called them butt ugly because they are. They might be light, stiff, and great for racers but they aren't pretty. :D

I don't use plastic cranksets but do find them more attractive especially when they use standard diameter chainrings. :banana: