PDA

View Full Version : BUT, will it EVER happen "over here!?"

trophyoftexas
11-19-2008, 10:38 AM
From Velonews comes this article...I just wish we'd see it happen in the United States!

Dutch bicycle manufacturer reports sales growth in hard economic times

By VeloNews.com
Posted Nov. 19, 2008

"At least one company is benefiting from the global economic crisis: Netherlands-based bicycle maker Accell predicted Wednesday that it will enjoy higher than expected 2008 profits due to rising sales."

Chris
11-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Nah, too much urban sprawl. We don't have corner markets and people living on top of each other like they do in Europe. I love it that Paris had about 2.5 million people in 1900 and has about the same now. Sure there are suburbs, but the people just live smaller and differently there. Makes it easier in places like France, Holland, etc, to live with a bike as your primary means of transportation. Of course, in Paris, most people have a car, but the transit system is so fabulous there that you only need a car when you are leaving town.

Mikej
11-20-2008, 06:35 AM
Over the summer I saw that petro in that part of EU was $10 a gallon with some new added tax. I would be a pedalin' mofo for $10 a gallon. Oh, and don't forget the gravimetrically challenged.