PDA

View Full Version : Team 7/11 Huffy

mdresdner
11-17-2008, 12:11 PM
I have a 1984 Serotta Team 7-11 Huffy built up with Campy Delta Record. I think it is a 54cm frame. I am 5' 8". I am the original owner and it is very good condition. There is some wear as it has been riden about 2000 miles and a small ding in the top tube but overall nice shape. Is there interest in this type of bike? I don't have room for it. What type of value might it have? Michael

KJMUNC
11-17-2008, 12:21 PM
It sounds like a very undesirable bike......a team named after a convenience store? ha! I'm sure they were no good and never won anything. And what are these strange Campy components you speak of? I thought only the Japanese made good components. :p

it's probably worth nothing.....ship it to me and I'll dispose of it properly for no charge of course. ;)

flickwet
11-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Just call me up I'll pick it up and haul it over to Good Will for you. What is this Campy delta record? sounds like some kinda don't ask don't tell army thing to me

jvp
11-17-2008, 12:50 PM
I'm 5'8", therefore if you send it to me it will be properly prefitted.

Pete Serotta
11-17-2008, 03:12 PM
and if that is RECORD group with DELTA brakes, and they are in good condition, you have a very desirable bike. Measure c to center top tube and seat tube, take pictures, and post in the classified and maybe also ebay. (once the pictures are posted and component description then you can ask some of the resident experts a fair price. Also where are you located?

I have a 1984 Serotta Team 7-11 Huffy built up with Campy Delta Record. I think it is a 54cm frame. I am 5' 8". I am the original owner and it is very good condition. There is some wear as it has been riden about 2000 miles and a small ding in the top tube but overall nice shape. Is there interest in this type of bike? I don't have room for it. What type of value might it have? Michael

mdresdner
11-17-2008, 07:48 PM
It does have Delta brakes and I am in Atlanta. I'll get some photos and post it.

Also, I'd love to trade it for a cyclo cross bike with triple as well as rack and fender capacity!

Michael

rustychisel
11-17-2008, 08:49 PM
gentlemen?!!!!

I can hear the sound of drooling from here... ;)

rex
11-17-2008, 08:51 PM
If I were you, I would clean it up, display it, and ride it on special occasions. Spend $1k on a Surly Long Haul Trucker, if that's what you want, but if you give this bike up you will probably deeply regret it! Do some serious research before you sell or trade it.

vjp
11-17-2008, 09:09 PM
The Huffy 7-11 bikes were for the years 87-88. Before that they were branded Murray and they were on Merckx after.

Would love to see photos!

Pete Serotta
11-18-2008, 06:03 AM
Yes, I have an 84Murray (or SPOKES has it on long term lust). Send me some pictures (I am in RALEIGH) at pmckeon@bellsouth.net - if you can not post on here and I will post them for you. A classified on FORUM might generate some interest in a sale :) or trade.