mikki
11-15-2008, 07:58 PM
The Weather, The Winds, The Fires.

We are on fire yet again! Gees.

Pete Serotta
11-15-2008, 08:01 PM
The Weather, The winds, The fires.

We are on fire yet again! Gees.

Read about it today and thought of all my friends on the west coast. Hope you and Michael are ok,

PETE

Viper
11-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Take care out there! I watched the fires today and asked myself, what is the solution? I mean, what? Every few months we watch California burning. A sci-fi movie daydream, where all Californians are allowed one tree per household with a patch of grass 6'x10' for the dog? Something must change, watching CA burn is only outdone on cable news by high speed, highway chases down LA's roads. What is the solution? :confused:

rwsaunders
11-15-2008, 08:27 PM
What is the solution? :confused:

Send some of the rain that we had in Seattle this past week.

Viper
11-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Send some of the rain that we had in Seattle this past week.

Dude, with humor, you offered a very real solution. Perhaps we find a way to create rain over CA when needed. :confused: While I don't think messing with mother nature or father time is wise, maybe it has it's moments. If we learn to tweak the weather, can someone remove the fog around Paula Abdul. :confused: Her eyes have been cloudy for the past few years.

hansolo758
11-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Mikki, Socal Steve, and yes, Swoop (even though he doesn't post here any more):

I hope your and yours are safe. We'll keep our fingers crossed and hope for rain and favorable winds.

Kevan
11-15-2008, 10:06 PM
I thought this was another thread about Sandy.

sloji
11-15-2008, 10:28 PM
Called my bro today in LA and they cancelled his kids soccer games and everyone was indoors, no riding for him but he was safe. Our corporate heads live down south and one of them was interviewed as he was evacuated from his home but as always he remained the voice of reason and puts life in perspective...truly a great leader of our company; composed, reasonable, and helpful.

Our area has been fortunate and it looked like this today...

SoCalSteve
11-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the well wishes!

I, for one, do not live anywhere near a fire hazard area...(I live in a very densly populated part of Los Angeles proper).

But, I do have friends that live close to one of the fires and the smell is amazingly strong (even though we live some 20-25 miles away from them.

Thanks again,

Sherry and Steve