PDA

View Full Version : Time for a new HRM

39cross
11-14-2008, 08:24 AM
Well, my old Polar has given up the ghost. I only use the HRM in the winter while riding the trainer, so it I see two options:

1. The simplest device possible - with user replaceable batteries. Just something you can strap on and just go without 8 layers of menus to get lost in.

2. Something fancier that will also measure cadence.

After looking over some older threads, the Suunto t1 or t1c looks like it might fit the simple category. It would be nice to have something that will last for a few years. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Pete Serotta
11-14-2008, 09:14 AM
POLAR has one for under $100 and it works well. I replace all my POLAR batteries at the local store. No problems is 3 years. Someone on the forum said you do not have to send back to POLAR and they were right. As to strap, I never have had one go bad.

fiamme red
11-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Sports Instruments Pro 7 or Pro 9.

jabbahop
11-14-2008, 10:21 AM
I just bought one for my son for $90. You can get the footpad and the speed/cadence sensor for additional money.

Seems to work well and is nice to be able to take running, etc. The bad thing is it doesn't clip to the bars easily and the display isn't super readable.

Being about to download the workout to the computer was the main reason we went that way.

Dekonick
11-14-2008, 06:46 PM
I have a polar CS 100, with 2 speed sensors, and 2 cadence sensors. PM me if you are interested.