PDA

View Full Version : Roark Cycles Anyone?!

CJH
11-14-2004, 12:16 PM
Hi!
Does anybody have any experience with Roark Cycles?
http://roarkcycles.com/frame/ They make what appears to be totaly custom Ti frames with some pretty nice looking machined chain and seatstays! Beautiful as a matter of fact. Apparently as US military contracter they have metal working machinery that enables them to taper Ti tubing like no other manuf. In reality they can replicate the shape of tubing from classic lugged steel frames (no lugs of course)! Can also provide almost any braze-on one could wish for like braze-on front derailleur and downtube shifter bosses (if one likes that sort of thing). Of course this doesn't mean much if they don't know what they're doing, however they seem to be very much up to the task! The pricing seems to be very competitive too, I was quoted $2200 incl. Reynolds full carb fork... Appreciate your feedback thanks!!!

dirtdigger88
11-14-2004, 12:54 PM
I have no personal experience- but they have been around a while. I remember first hearing about them in Mountain Bike Action. Every test I have read on them seems positive. I remember they used to make Ti forks and stems as well. They also did a stab at full suspension xc rigs I think :confused:

Buy one in a 60 cm an I will let you know what I think ;)

Jason

William
11-14-2004, 01:29 PM
AHHHHHHH!!!!
AHHHHHHH!!!!

A LINK TO ANOTHER FRAME MFR........

PULL IT!!!
PULL IT!!!

AAHHHHHHHHHH!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHH~!!!

Sorry,
Just being an arse. :rolleyes: