PDA

View Full Version : A Way To Thank & Support Ben

Bill Bove
11-14-2004, 10:23 AM
we all know that every member of this forum thanks and appreciates Serotta's allowing us this great board. Here's an idea of how we can say thanks. In equipoised's reply to the thread concerning the owners club he linked a letter from Ben to the owners club, one thing he talks about is sponsoring the Sierra Nevada team and how they, SN, could use some more sponsors. Why don't we do it? Why don't we pony up 2500 bucks and get the stupid bannana :banana: on the team car? Or maybe we could do it in the Davis Phinney Foundations name and help them out too. Serotta Alyson, would you be willing to take this on? We could send our checks to you. It should not be hard for us to come up with $2500

dirtdigger88
11-14-2004, 11:09 AM
Bill,

I like the idea. How about something that lets people know who we are though. Maybe a link to the fourm or such. How cool would that be though-"Yeah- I sponsor a pro cycling team"

Jason

Elefantino
11-14-2004, 02:35 PM
I think the banana with "Serotta Owner's Forum" underneath would be way cool. At $25 each that's only 100 of us.

Tell the wife and I will deny it.

:D :banana:

Mike

Bill Bove
11-14-2004, 03:10 PM
That's my thinking exactly, Mr. Packaderm. How cool would it be for the team to be supported outwardly by the people who actually buy the bikes, I'm a Trek dealer and people really do ask me how much of the price of their bike goes into LA's pocket. No love there, the banana :banana: on the team jersey, lot's a love there!

Kevin
11-14-2004, 04:11 PM
I'm in.

Kevin

jerk
11-14-2004, 04:25 PM
jerk's in....but only on one condition. nah, never mind.

jerk

Johny
11-14-2004, 04:33 PM
jerk's in....but only on one condition.
jerk

...that the team has to sign you as the new director? :D

I'm in too.

dirtdigger88
11-14-2004, 04:33 PM
no jerk,

you can not be on the team :p

jason

Bruce K
11-14-2004, 04:50 PM
Sounds like a plan to me. But it better be on the SN jersey when the guys ride cross.

:banana:

BK

Sandy
11-14-2004, 04:59 PM
If I put in $50, can I be team leader, with Kevin, Kevan, BumbleBeeDave, Keno, Flydhest, Spectrum Bob, Smiley, DanL,..... my domestiques?

If I put in $200, can I add Serotta Alyson, Serotta James, and Timothy Tuna to the list of domestiques?

If I put in $500, and win a stage of any race, can I get Kevan to give me a little kiss on my cheek, during the award ceremony??? Forget that one please!!

How much do you think that it would cost to get my picture placed on the head badge of the bikes???

Please don't call or email me as I am in training for the Tour,

:) Supersonic Speedy Serotta Sandy :)

PS- I am in.

Tom Robison
11-14-2004, 10:22 PM
Count me in.

Tom

admin
11-15-2004, 08:19 AM
Serotta Alyson, would you be willing to take this on?

Bill,

Chris Smith is the person you need to talk to. His email is chris@serotta.com.

-Alyson

Climb01742
11-15-2004, 08:21 AM
i'm in too. i bet the jerk's condition is that the team all ride 140 stems! ;)

Kevan
11-15-2004, 08:34 AM
requiring me to apply the kiss?

The first or second course of the kickoff dinner? :D

KKevin
11-15-2004, 08:34 AM
Some Austrailian team try the same thing at one time? For some reason Inova jumps into my brain.

Sandy
11-15-2004, 01:09 PM
Where are are standards on this forum, anyway??? Kevin is allowed to be a member, then Kevan, a castoff from Calfeeland, and now I see KKevin is a member. Who comes next, KKKKKKKKKKKevan? Don't we have enough K members already???? :D :D

So Sad S Sandy

slowgoing
11-15-2004, 01:15 PM
If there's a KKKevin, I'm avoiding him like the plague.

slowgoing
11-15-2004, 01:19 PM
oh, and I'm in, but not if the bike is an ottrott. Not helping some snot nosed, skinny kid ride a bike better than mine. :)

Russ
11-15-2004, 10:42 PM
I will send in $100.00 if we get the banana and the URL on the team car or the jersey!

hybridbellbaske
11-15-2004, 10:59 PM
I'm in- but how far will $2,500 go? I would suspect getting your name on a jersey for a sponsor might run to a bit more than that...

The Aussie team which was funded by subscribers was Flanders/I-nova, but it has folded now.

Serotta_Chris
11-17-2004, 01:50 PM
we all know that every member of this forum thanks and appreciates Serotta's allowing us this great board. Here's an idea of how we can say thanks. In equipoised's reply to the thread concerning the owners club he linked a letter from Ben to the owners club, one thing he talks about is sponsoring the Sierra Nevada team and how they, SN, could use some more sponsors. Why don't we do it? Why don't we pony up 2500 bucks and get the stupid bannana :banana: on the team car? Or maybe we could do it in the Davis Phinney Foundations name and help them out too. Serotta Alyson, would you be willing to take this on? We could send our checks to you. It should not be hard for us to come up with $2500

Hi,
This is Chris - I'm the new guy at Serotta.

I wanted you to know that this suggestion of sponsorship was being looked into. I think it's a pretty cool idea. I spoke with the powers that be for the Sierra Nevada team about your ideas and what you could expect as sponsors.

$2,500 will indeed get you logo placement on team vehicles and "all sponsors will be mentioned in electronic team press releases and on the team website with appropiate links if available". You would need to supply us (me) with some artwork (I'll find out in what format) early in January that I will pass on to SN. Jersey placement goes for $10,000 in case you wanted to know.

Size of the logo placement on the vehicles is directly related to the dollar amount of the sponsorship

Deadline for the collection of money would have to be pretty close to when they need art work for the team vehicles, early January I assume.

So... here's something I need to ask you guys. I'm happy to be the central collection point for the donations, but what happens if we don't raise enough? We need to keep it simple for me to administer so I would suggest that if the $2,500 amount needed is not reached we either tear up the checks or make a donation to a charity of your choice. Whatever the decision everyone has to agree on the same plan and know what the rules are before sending any money. If anyone has another/better idea let me know.

Let me know what you guys think about moving forward and I'll see if we can make it happen.

Thanks,
Chris

dave thompson
11-17-2004, 02:04 PM
I think we would be able to bust the necessary $2500.00 somewhat easily. But if not, how about we say the collected monies be donated to the Lance Armstrong Foundation, or Davis Phinney Foundation, or an equal amount to both in our collective name, The Serotta Forum?

Sandy
11-17-2004, 02:10 PM
Davis Phinney Foundation seems like a better idea than the Lance Armstrong Foundation, since Lance's charity undoubtedly receives so much more support, and I would guess that Ben Serotta would probably choose the Davis Phinney Foundation because of his relationship with Mr. Phinney.

Sandy

PS- Chris- Just how long do you anticipate remaining even reasonably stable dealing with the Serotta Forum membership??? I give you 2-3 weeks at best!

dave thompson
11-17-2004, 02:14 PM
Davis Phinney Foundation seems like a better idea than the Lance Armstrong Foundation, since Lance's charity undoubtedly receives so much more support, and I would guess that Ben Serotta would probably choose the Davis Phinney Foundation because of his relationship with Mr. Phinney.....
Good point, and I agree with it. So, should we say that if the donations to our "sponsorship fund" don't meet the required amount, the amount collected shall go to the Davis Phinney Foundation?

Climb01742
11-17-2004, 02:18 PM
if we can't raise $2500 to support a serotta racing team we should be ashamed of ourselves. i'll start by kicking in 1/25. :beer:

BumbleBeeDave
11-17-2004, 02:43 PM
. . . on the condition that if the needed amount is not raised, then the gathered funds will be donated to the BSSNBS (But-Sandy-Some-Non-Black-Socks) Foundation . . .

BBDave

Serotta_Chris
11-17-2004, 02:45 PM
Davis Phinney Foundation seems like a better idea than the Lance Armstrong Foundation, since Lance's charity undoubtedly receives so much more support, and I would guess that Ben Serotta would probably choose the Davis Phinney Foundation because of his relationship with Mr. Phinney.

Sandy

PS- Chris- Just how long do you anticipate remaining even reasonably stable dealing with the Serotta Forum membership??? I give you 2-3 weeks at best!

Sandy,
You're assuming I'm reasonably stable now! Thanks for the benefit of the doubt.
Chris

Bill Bove
11-17-2004, 03:04 PM
For taking this task on :banana: Art work! We don't need no stinkin' art work!! We got da banana :banana: :banana: !!!!

I'm in for a C note. If we don't make it, I think we should donate it to the Davis Phinney Foundation. He rode a Serotta just like us.

BBDave, Sandy does have white socks, just please, somebody tell him to wash them!!

Smiley
11-17-2004, 03:09 PM
Billy Bove , I am in for a C note too but only if its a BANANA :banana: I think nothing else needs to be said , Banana and Serotta Forum . STEP UP TO THE PLATE . I nominate Kevin to get on everybodys *** to make sure we get the cash together for Mr Chris at Serotta . I also say lets shoot for the stars and get $ 10,000 and put the stinking banana on the freaking bike and the front of the Jersey .

William
11-17-2004, 03:27 PM
I'll pitch in.

And I agree with Smiley. :D

:banana:

William :)

MartyE
11-17-2004, 03:30 PM
Count me in.
Can a paypal account be set up to collect funds?
I also agree if we don't make it we donate funds to Davis Phinney foundation.
Additionally, if we come up between the $2500 and $10,000 any excess that
doesn't fall on a sponsorship level (i.e. $5000 for socks or whatever) also
goes to Davis Phinney foundation.

Marty

gasman
11-17-2004, 03:53 PM
Count me in. No Paypal-where do we send the checks ? :banana:

Smiley
11-17-2004, 04:34 PM
SEND the checks to the SHERIFF , yeah baby :banana: Serotta Alyson is who we trust ?

Sandy
11-17-2004, 04:37 PM
I am the Deputy Sheriff. I will take all the bad checks. :)

ISF Sandy

mavic1010
11-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Serotta Chris:

How about posting an address and making this a sticky so that we can get the ball rolling....

H.Frank Beshear
11-17-2004, 06:58 PM
I'll kick in also sounds cool. Post an address for us to mail to. I like the Davis Phinney idea as well. Frank ( isn't there already some art work for the bannana?) :banana:

Kevin
11-17-2004, 07:58 PM
All right guys, let me tell you how this is going to work. Unless each of you start contributing money, I am going to start posting naked pictures of Sandy. As many of you know, I used this method about 9 months ago and raised quite a bit of money for a charity.

So here we go. This is a picture of Sandy riding his Ottrott. If I don't see some pledges real soon Sandy is going to start removing his clothes.

Put me down for a c note.

Kevin

davep
11-17-2004, 07:59 PM
I'm in for a c-note also. Paypal would be great, but would cut the amount that would go to the team. I think the $10,000 level is doable, but if we don't get to that level, why not give whatever we raise to the team - they still need the money even if its not enough to get in the jersey.

Sandy
11-17-2004, 08:00 PM
Put me down for more tape! I'll go for $100 also!

Sandman

Kevin
11-17-2004, 08:08 PM
Since Serotta already has the ability to accept credit cards over the internet, maybe they can set up a link to make contributions for the forum logo? It would be a good way to get the money while the forum member is thinking about the contribution.

Kevin

RABikes2
11-17-2004, 08:14 PM
I'm in and agree that any left over amount should go to the Davis Phinney Foundation! :)

Elefantino
11-17-2004, 08:53 PM
Is this getting too carried away?

Match your donation. Equal amounts to DPF and SN. We get on the car, which I think is wonderful and what we were all thinking about at the beginning, plus we raise money for a great cause, which is tax deductible.

Making the world a better place, one flat at a time,
Mike

vaxn8r
11-17-2004, 09:02 PM
We need an official sticky post to continue telling people what's going on and how to send money.

Smiley
11-17-2004, 09:50 PM
Chris or Sheriff Alyson , WE GOT OURSELVES A CONVOY here so lets kick this event off right , get Shino's Banana and while your at it why not get the Chicita banana company onboard too .

Tom Byrnes
11-17-2004, 10:56 PM
Count me in for $100. I love the idea of the Davis Phinney Foundation as place to give any excess funds raised.

malcolm
11-17-2004, 11:50 PM
I'm in. Just say when and how.

M_A_Martin
11-18-2004, 01:21 AM
I'm in!

I like the team car idea with the rest going to the Davis Phinney foundation...

You mean this banana? Or did you want the whole Jersey design with the little dancing bananas coming out of the glass?

Serotta_Chris
11-18-2004, 07:13 AM
Hi folks,
Looks like you have some momentum going, but there are already conflicting suggestions on the board.

You have to decide what to do with any money raised that exceeds $2,500 - does it all go to SN or does DP get the extra money?
&
What logo do want to use?

I sent an email to SN this morning asking them how they would like the checks made out and I'll let you know when they respond.

I'm suggesting we make January 1st the deadline for collections.

Don't want to be a pain but we need to have the details worked out before we start accepting money.

More to follow,
Chris

Smiley
11-18-2004, 09:07 AM
Looks to me like the Banana is drinking a COLD Sierra Nevada beer to me :banana:

Tom
11-18-2004, 09:15 AM
if it isn't there already, how about the Davis Phinney url instead of or in addition to the forum url on whatever happens?

Ahneida Ride
11-18-2004, 09:25 AM
I'm in for 25 Federal Reserve Notes.

SGP
11-18-2004, 10:33 AM
:banana: :banana: :banana:
I'm in! I'll pay extra if the banana dances :D

slowgoing
11-18-2004, 12:31 PM
At least the banana doesn't have black socks.

va rider
11-18-2004, 03:36 PM
Count me in, too.

Dekonick
11-18-2004, 10:12 PM
25 bucks from me - and Sandy will pay the remaining $2475... :D

mikeg
11-19-2004, 04:47 AM
I'm also in....

Serotta_Chris
11-19-2004, 08:01 AM
Serotta Forum Folks,

Here's the scoop on making donations to support the Sierra Nevada team.

1) Make checks payable to: KS Marketing LLC

2) Send to: Serotta Competition Bicycles
Attn: SN Forum Sponsorship
41 Geyser Road
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

3) Include your Forum name and we will post on the forum as we receive your check (just your name not the amount of the check).

4) Any amount collected over $2,500 will be donated to the Davis Phinney Foundation in the name of "The Serotta Forum".

5) If $2,500 is not raised (minimum sponsorship level) any money collected will be donated to the Davis Phinney Foundation in the name of "The Serotta Forum".

6) Once a week (or as necessary) we will post a running total of the amount received.

7) Deadline for receipt of money is 12/31/04.

8) 1/3/05 Money collected and logo art work will be sent to KS Marketing.

9) Aly or I will keep you updated with the progress.

Thanks,
Chris

M_A_Martin
11-19-2004, 08:41 AM
Very Cool!

Thank You Chris for arranging this, and thank you Bill Bove for thinking of it!

RABikes2
11-19-2004, 08:53 AM
Very Cool!

Thank You Chris for arranging this, and thank you Bill Bove for thinking of it!

I double what Mary Ann said! Thank you. :banana:

Tom
11-19-2004, 09:04 AM
You guys are great. You thought you were just working for a company building bikes. We've managed to tie up at least two full time employees babysitting this forum, handling correspondence, humoring every whim and fancy we have about the Open House... the list goes on and on. I for one think you're going way beyond what would be considered normal to keep the customers happy. Thanks so much.

Smiley
11-19-2004, 10:09 AM
Do I get a six pack of brew with my donation :banana: oh yes the checks in the mail . Smiley

DLA
11-20-2004, 08:23 AM
Serotta Forum Folks,

Here's the scoop on making donations to support the Sierra Nevada team.

1) Make checks payable to: KS Marketing LLC

2) Send to: Serotta Competition Bicycles
Attn: SN Forum Sponsorship
41 Geyser Road
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

3) Include your Forum name and we will post on the forum as we receive your check (just your name not the amount of the check).

4) Any amount collected over $2,500 will be donated to the Davis Phinney Foundation in the name of "The Serotta Forum".

5) If $2,500 is not raised (minimum sponsorship level) any money collected will be donated to the Davis Phinney Foundation in the name of "The Serotta Forum".

6) Once a week (or as necessary) we will post a running total of the amount received.

7) Deadline for receipt of money is 12/31/04.

8) 1/3/05 Money collected and logo art work will be sent to KS Marketing.

9) Aly or I will keep you updated with the progress.

Thanks,
Chris

You folks are awesome! I will let Connie and Davis know what you are planning. Please let me know if I can help! Chris, count me in for $100
David A
The Davis Phinney Foundation

Smiley
11-20-2004, 08:46 AM
Tell Davis to log on cause he has many friends on this Forum , I was lucky to have met him and Connie at a Vail Mountain Bike camp ions ago .

Lost Weekend
11-20-2004, 02:39 PM
What a great idea and what a great combination-sierra nevada beer and Serotta!!! :beer:

wwtsui
11-21-2004, 06:02 AM
You guys are great. You thought you were just working for a company building bikes. We've managed to tie up at least two full time employees babysitting this forum, handling correspondence, humoring every whim and fancy we have about the Open House... the list goes on and on. I for one think you're going way beyond what would be considered normal to keep the customers happy. Thanks so much.

... not to mention prospective customers. I haven't ever been to an open house or had the opportunity to meet any of the forum regulars (nor do I own a Serotta -- yet). I just think this is by far the best online community around, and am so impressed that Serotta is willing to host and have employees support a forum that is open to all, regardless of whose bikes people own, etc. What an awesome company!! (Now, if they could just come up with a way for bike purchases to have interest-free installment payments that show up on a credit card as something really innocuous... ;) )

BumbleBeeDave
11-21-2004, 08:53 AM
It doesn’t matter WHAT kind of bike you have. Come on down to owner’s weekend and everyone will welcome you--after ragging you mercilessly for exactly 60 seconds (90 seconds if you ride a Seven!) . . . :rolleyes: ;) ;)

BBDave

Smiley
11-28-2004, 02:58 PM
I had to get this thread back to the front page. Checks have been coming into Sheriff Alyson , I just hope we made the $2500 limit and are working towards more green backs for the Davis Phinney foundation

Kevin
11-28-2004, 03:12 PM
They got my c note.

Kevin

BumbleBeeDave
11-28-2004, 06:02 PM
I need to get my check in the mail . . . completely forgot about it. :crap:

BBDave

Kevin
11-28-2004, 06:18 PM
I need to get my check in the mail . . . completely forgot about it. :crap:

BBDave

BBD,

If you don't mail your check I will post more photos of a naked Sandy. :D

Kevin

BumbleBeeDave
11-28-2004, 06:43 PM
. . . N-N-No, Kevin! ANYTHING but that! :eek:

BBDave

Smiley
11-28-2004, 06:52 PM
Sandy just alerted me to the fact that we have only $ 175 in the Till so far so we may need to UNLEASH your naked Sandy photo's very soon or were never going to meet our goal :banana:

Kevin
11-29-2004, 06:03 AM
Everyone better start contributing, Sandy is starting to show his sexy belly. Plus, if you don't contribute I will contribute the entire $2500 and have the picture of a naked Sandy, after the bungie jumping accident, posted on the side of the car. I may even spring for the picture being included on the jersey. Do you want the Serotta forum to be represented in such a way?

Kevin

Sandy
11-29-2004, 09:15 AM
I was wondering why I was getting a detached feeling!! :)

Sandy

Bruce K
11-29-2004, 10:33 AM
only $175.00 so far?

That is rather dissappointing.

If 50 of the members could each do $50.00 we are there!!

I can't beleive we can't get this done. I know it's the holidays and all, but if this effort will gain some recognition/benefit for the Davis PHinney Foundation, how can we not do this?

BK

bostondrunk
11-29-2004, 12:53 PM
How is it that everyone says they donated a c-note, yet only $175 total so far? Weird.
Lets give the money to:
www.livewrong.net

Smiley
11-29-2004, 06:32 PM
My hope is that everyone just sends in whatever amount you can , it really means more to the participants of this forum to have really many people contribute , its not just reaching the $ 2500 goal with five donations . We are all doing this together . Sandy send in your cash to the Sheriff :banana:

Kevin
11-29-2004, 08:15 PM
Now listen up you cheap bastards, it is time for you to send in your checks. :argue: If you don't kick in soon I will speak to my clients about providing each of you with a little motivation. :fight: By the way I am lawyer with a very specialized practice. :cool: I only represent the owners of large privately held construction companies in the NYC area. They are exceptional fund raisers and I am sure that they can pursuade each of you to remember to send in your checks. ;)

If that does not work, I will have to resort to posting naked pictures of Sandy. :banana:

Come on guys. Send in your checks.

Kevin

bostondrunk
11-30-2004, 06:29 AM
I'll donate some Kraft Dinner to the team.....after I save enough money for this weeks laundry....

Tom Byrnes
12-10-2004, 11:07 AM
. . . why we all committed to make our contributions. And (now that I have sent in my check), let's not forget to mail them in NOW.
:) :) :)

Tom

Bill Bove
12-10-2004, 03:11 PM
I sent mine in this morning, now I can sleep at night. :)

BumbleBeeDave
12-21-2004, 05:05 PM
. . . and I just wanted to bring this thread back to the top so people can see how close we are to our goal.

If you haven't already, won't you consider taking a moment to send along whatever you can to help? We are so CLOSE! . . .

BBDave