PDA

View Full Version : Frame Angle Measurement Tool

93LegendTG
11-08-2008, 08:50 AM
I bought one of these tools at the begining of the year and found it excellent for acurately measuring the angles of frame tubes. The company I bought it from has it on special. I have no affiliation with the Company; just thought I'd share.
http://www.craftsmanstudio.com/html_p/C019003.htm

jamesau
11-09-2008, 11:57 AM
That's pretty cool. Had to get one. One of my rides is a preowned custom and was unable to obtain the angles from the seller.

Also, I expect to be able to quantify and document my saddle tilt angles more precisely now; it has been about 7/8ths of a bubble.

Thanks

Louis
11-09-2008, 12:31 PM
I see that Craftsman Studio carries Lie-Nielsen tools.

The Lie-Nielsen factory is located just up the road from my sister in Maine. A neighbor of hers works there and he gave us a bit of a tour when I was visiting her a while back. It was nice to see that they had found a successful niche making high-end hand tools in a tough market. They showed me some pallets ready for shipping to England. Amazing - like sending coals to Newcastle.

Louis

rnhood
11-09-2008, 01:52 PM
Good find. That is a neat tool and, probably comes in handy in other venues also.

Dekonick
11-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Damn you! I had to buy one.

dvs cycles
11-09-2008, 05:45 PM
I bought that one and another style digital protractor here:
http://www.rockler.com/search_results.cfm?filter=angle+gauge&submit.x=9&submit.y=16

shiftyfixedgear
11-16-2008, 12:04 AM
I decided to add to the economic bailout and purchased one of these angle finders. It works really well - every bit as good as my old one - a larger and much more expensive unit.

This is a much more accurate and elegant alternative to measuring frame angles. Much better and not that much more expensive than the cheapo plastic "angle finders" they sell at the hardware store, which are rarely accurate to +/- 1 degree.

A cool toy for the bike dweeb. Interesting to measure old bikes and see how far off they are from the spec sheets AND from what you thought they were !