PDA

View Full Version : Saddle Roll Call: How many and what are they?

SoCalSteve
11-07-2008, 11:15 PM
Ok, Ok...so its a bit of a sickness that I have..Yeah, I collect bikes, saddles, wheelsets, whatever...

Got to thinking about how many saddles I own at the moment (and this is after just selling 6... 3 x Selle Italia and 3 x Brooks).

Between my wife and I...we own 16 saddles.

2 x Selle Italia Max Flite in white
2 x Selle Italia Max Flite in black
2 x Brooks B-17 Ti rail in black
1 x Specialized something or other (its my wife's)
1 x Selle Italia Ladies SLR (wifes)
1 X Selle Italia Diva (wifes)
3 x Brooks Swallow Limited Edition in black
2 x Brooks Swallow Ti rail in black
1 x Brooks Swallow Ti railed in honey
1 x Brooks Swallow in white (very, very rare)

Ok, we DONT want to talk about seatposts... :banana:

Whats on your bike-in your bike closet?

Steve

PS: Does the amount of saddles you own supposed to equal the amount of bikes you own? Just askin'...

Blue Jays
11-07-2008, 11:22 PM
I own the same number of saddles that I do bicycles.
Have a couple spare wheelsets kicking around.

Sandy
11-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Ok, Ok...so its a bit of a sickness that I have..Yeah, I collect bikes, saddles, wheelsets, whatever...

Got to thinking about how many saddles I own at the moment (and this is after just selling 6... 3 x Selle Italia and 3 x Brooks).

Between my wife and I...we own 17 saddles.

Steve

PS: Does the amount of saddles you own supposed to equal the amount of bikes you own? Just askin'...

You missed one on your list. Just how do you think that saddle feels after being omitted? Shameful! Simply Shameful! :)

Sad Saddle Sandy

SoCalSteve
11-07-2008, 11:57 PM
You missed one on your list. Just how do you think that saddle feels after being omitted? Shameful! Simply Shameful! :)

Sad Saddle Sandy

I am just really bad at math.

Its 16...

Thanks for pointing that out!

Steve

mike p
11-08-2008, 12:06 AM
About 8 regular old style flites and about 5 flite evo's. Only shape that fits my butt.

mike

malcolm
11-08-2008, 02:02 AM
I've got several brooks, mostly B-17's, a bunch of regals, a couple of flites and a aliante and a couple ariones and a couple of toupes.

I just got a prologo vertigo from chainlove, I'll have to let you know how it tests out.

Elefantino
11-08-2008, 03:11 AM
I have five Specialized OEM body geometry saddles, which I have been collecting over the years because they feel good, and an Avocet Air O2, which is what I used to ride.

I will soon have a Selle SMP Glider from LegendRider.

Ray
11-08-2008, 04:18 AM
I've had too many over the years to even remember. These days I have Specialized Phenoms (mtb version of the toupe - same dimensions but a bit firmer shell and more padding) on my two main road bikes and B-17s on my fixie, townie, and folder. I still have a few Aliantes, Regals, Rolls, Turbos, and a couple extra B-17s sitting around. That's probably 10% of what I've tried.

-Ray

Bruce K
11-08-2008, 05:22 AM
Selle Italia SLR Gel Flows on all my road type bikes (3 blue on the roadies and 3 black on the TT, SS, and fixie) and SLRs on the cross bikes (both blue).

BK

djg
11-08-2008, 07:15 AM
2 x fizik aliante carbon

1 x bontrager with ti rails on the cross bike -- similar shape to the aliante but shorter -- too much padding for long rides, but not bad for 45+ minutes of bumps, mounts, remounts, etc.

regularguy412
11-08-2008, 07:59 AM
I have about 9 saddles in my basement that either: 1) are worn out , 2) worn out and didn't work very well, 3) never worked right in the first place and never got worn out.

As for the ones currently on bikes: Terry TFI Men's (captain) Terry Women's (stoker) on the tandem, Selle Italia SLK Gel trainer bike, Selle Italia SLK (foam, no gel) on the fixie and the TG and, finally, a very old but still like new Selle Italia 100th Anniversary saddle waiting to go back on the CSI when it comes back.

Mike in AR:beer:

Spinner
11-08-2008, 08:15 AM
... regal, and a serfas ti rail too.

myette10
11-08-2008, 08:59 AM
aspide on the two bikes that matter... cross & road.
everything else is a hand me down/parts bin grab
arione on the mtn bike
something black on the fixie
that same something gets swapped over to the tri bike.

Der_Kruscher
11-08-2008, 10:18 AM
1x WTB Devo
1x WTB Devo Carbon
1x Selle Italia Max Flight Trans Am Gel Flow
1x Brooks B17

I have 3 bikes right now and a frameset that's waiting to be built up. The Devos are super comfy and light - love 'em but they don't come in white :-( Interested in trying an Alliante though...

bironi
11-08-2008, 10:28 AM
4 saddles for 3 bikes, all Rolls. :beer:

Dekonick
11-08-2008, 10:31 AM
4 Brooks B-17
1 Brooks B-17 ti
1 aliante ti (not being used ATM - in reserve for rain rides)

any others I have don't count as they are headed for the donation bin for a worthwhile cycling project in Baltimore.

Brooks - all I ride anymore - given the chance. :banana:

Elefantino
11-08-2008, 10:33 AM
The issue here is not the number of saddles one has.

The issue here is the fickleness of one's backside.

As our rear ends of matured and, in some cases, grown, many or most if not all of us have migrated from saddle to saddle to saddle.

I began on a Brooks B-17, as did most of you/us. Rode it for years.

Then Selle Italia came out with the Turbo. Rode it for years.

Then Selle Italia came out with the Flite. Rode it for a few years.

Then Avocet came out with the 02 Air 40. Rode it for a couple of years.

Then Selle Royal came out with the Shark. Rode it for a couple of years.

Then Specialized came out with the Body Geometry. Have ridden those, in various incarnations, for about the last eight years.

Now comes the Selle SMP Glider. We'll see.

By the way, I heard a buddy say that saddles are like your favorite pair of blue jeans. Not true. I have worn Levi's 505 jeans since the '60s. No way I could go back to the saddles of my youth.

Polyglot
11-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Anybody seen one of these in person?

http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Italy/Siligardi_saddle.htm

Great and super comfortable.

Elefantino
11-08-2008, 11:12 AM
How about this (http://www.53x11bike.com/servlet/the-110/Saddle-Vader-VD680-Saddle/Detail) saddle?

Can't say I'm wild about the name because I'm not sure I want the boys to go over to The Dark Side.

Also, obvious rip-off of Selle Italia, right down the entire line.

Dekonick
11-08-2008, 12:52 PM
or this goofy contraption -

www.spongywonder.com

Sandy
11-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Two bikes and 3 saddles- one in reserve as the saddle is very difficult to find-Avocet O2 Air 40R saddle. It works for me...when I am cycling.

Saddle Serotta Sandy

Elefantino
11-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Two bikes and 3 saddles- one in reserve as the saddle is very difficult to find-Avocet O2 Air 40R saddle. It works for me...when I am cycling.

I have a somewhat scuffed O2 Air 40R saddle with ti rails that is sitting in my garage. Still rideable. Will shoot pics.

GoJavs
11-08-2008, 04:17 PM
5-6 Stradas
2 Rolls
1 Regal
3 Turbos
2 WTB SSTs
3 SDG Bel Airs
2 Fizik Ariones
1 Flite
2 Vettas

What can I say? It's a problem for me.

sg8357
11-08-2008, 04:41 PM
2x Brooks B17, Ebisu AP, Kvale
1x Brooks Pro, '49? Bates
1x Cannondale Flite knock off., Crescent Pepita fixed gear.

The flite is good for less than an hour, I need another Brooks Pro.

Scott G.

Bob Ross
11-10-2008, 04:22 PM
I have 2 bikes and 3 saddles: fizik Aliante & Selle Italia SLR on the bikes, a Selle Italia Mundialita in the closet.

I have no idea what saddles are on my wife's two bikes this week, nor how many castaways she has in her closet...just grateful my butt is not nearly so finicky.

zap
11-10-2008, 05:26 PM
2 aliante's
1 ax lightness
1 Spec whatchamacallit.

Hmmmm, I need more bikes!

John H.
11-10-2008, 05:32 PM
NOS
White Turbo
Black Turbo
Yellow Turbo
White Ti Turbomatic
Black Manganese Turbomatic
2- White Strada Ti
2- Black Strada Ti
5- White Concor Lite Ti

Current Saddles
2- white Arione
2- SLR 1 white 1 black
2- Stradas on MTB and rain bike
1- Phenom SL white 130mm
3- unused White/white Arione

Yes, I have saddle and handlebar issues.

johnnymossville
11-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Selle Italia Thoork
Fizik Pave something or other.

not sure what is on my Cannondale.

All three get'er done.

LegendRider
11-10-2008, 05:56 PM
I don't think I've ever been truly comfortable on a saddle. Here's a list off the top of my head of the saddles I've tried over the years:

Max Flite Gel Flow
ProLink Gel Flow
ProLink
Aliante
Rolls
Flite
Selle SMP Glider
Selle SMP Evolution
Flite
Strada
Concor Lite
ProLink Lite
SLR
Airone
Rolls Due
Specialized Alias
Avocet 02 ti

MIN
11-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Saddles I've loved and hated, sorted in that order

Selle Italia Gel Flite
Selle Italia Gel SLK
Regal Ti
Brook B17 Imperial with cutouts
Specialized Avatar
Fizik Arione

Mr. Butterworth
11-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Used a few types over the years. The list has devolved down to two types between all my bikes:

Selle Italia SLR
Selle SMP Composit

Jeff N.
11-10-2008, 06:24 PM
I own about 13 road bikes, all with various incarnations of the Selle Italia Turbomatic saddle. No other saddle will do for me. Jeff N.

SoCalSteve
11-10-2008, 07:26 PM
I don't think I've ever been truly comfortable on a saddle. Here's list off the top of my head of the saddles I've tried over the years:

Max Flite Gel Flow
ProLink Gel Flow
ProLink
Aliante
Rolls
Flite
Selle SMP Glider
Selle SMP Evolution
Flite
Strada
Concor Lite
ProLink Lite
SLR
Airone
Rolls Due
Specialized Alias
Avocet 02 ti

Try a Brooks Swallow.

You dont need to thank me.

Steve

Frankwurst
11-10-2008, 07:37 PM
10 Saddles. All Brooks.

BumbleBeeDave
11-10-2008, 07:46 PM
On the Queen Bee . . . Fizik Arione. Great saddle--until the plastic seatbed breaks.

On my MTB and cross bike . . . WTB SST. They're old, they're comfortable. Hopefully I'll be able to find a few more on eBay.

On the Zebra Bike . . . Aspide. Like riding on a knife blad. I want to get a black Arione with the white stripe down the middle to match the rest of the bike.

On the Langster . . . Generic, kinda SLR-ish seat that came on it. It works OK. I had SLR's on the Queen for a few years, but the sides that are not rolled under cut into my inner thighs and gave me saddle sores.

I really liked the SLR Gel-Flo I had on the Queen last year, but the yellow covering all started to flake off when I had to ride it in the rain. #@$%&!!

BBD

thwart
11-10-2008, 08:01 PM
On the Zebra Bike . . . Aspide. Like riding on a knife blade. My experience exactly. Lasted for about 10 miles, actually had to cut the ride short.

I'm lucky---most saddles seem to agree with my bottom. Must be the padding... or maybe the brain tissue there.
I have about 5 or 6 of my favorite, the Fizik Aliante, in different forms.

And several Flites as well. The classic saddle, IMHO.

And a Rolls, and a couple of Ariones.

I also have a Brooks B17 that I currently am "breaking in". I hope it will eventually be as comfortable as everybody says it is supposed to be. We are not there yet... :rolleyes:

John H.
11-10-2008, 08:07 PM
My bikes will never have a Brooks. I know that for sure.

Try a Brooks Swallow.

You dont need to thank me.

Steve

SoCalSteve
11-10-2008, 08:10 PM
My bikes will never have a Brooks. I know that for sure.

So sorry for you and your behind...

One day you too will see the light.

Steve

dnades
11-10-2008, 08:12 PM
four sadddles

WTB SST
Brooks Pro
Brooks Swift
Brooks Swallow

SoCalSteve
11-10-2008, 08:14 PM
My experience exactly. Lasted for about 10 miles, actually had to cut the ride short.

I'm lucky---most saddles seem to agree with my bottom. Must be the padding... or maybe the brain tissue there.
I have about 5 or 6 of my favorite, the Fizik Aliante, in different forms.

And several Flites as well. The classic saddle, IMHO.

And a Rolls, and a couple of Ariones.

I also have a Brooks B17 that I currently am "breaking in". I hope it will eventually be as comfortable as everybody says it is supposed to be. We are not there yet... :rolleyes:

When I first started riding B-17's I too did not see what all the "hoopla" was about...Until the esteemed DBRK set me straight on the proper way to position them...After that....well, the rest is just....shall we say "comfort".

This goes for all Brooks saddles and from what I can tell Fizik Aliante as well are very "postion sensitive".

There are many threads on how to set up a B-17 on this Forum. And, sometimes you just get a bad one (tough cow from a tough neighborhood or something...)

Steve

John H.
11-10-2008, 08:21 PM
I have seen the light and that is why I know that I will never ride a Brooks.
Comfort in the saddle is about set-up and riding style. The saddle itself is at least third on the list.
I have an SLR that works pretty well, even on long rides. Pretty much the anti-Brooks.
So sorry for you and your behind...

One day you too will see the light.

Steve

SoCalSteve
11-10-2008, 08:37 PM
I have seen the light and that is why I know that I will never ride a Brooks.
Comfort in the saddle is about set-up and riding style. The saddle itself is at least third on the list.I have an SLR that works pretty well, even on long rides. Pretty much the anti-Brooks.

I am so happy that you have found a saddle that works for you! That is a great joy in knowing that you can ride a great distance and at least have one less issue (your behind) to deal with-worry about. Many people cannot say this.

As for the saddle being at least third on the list, I would have to respectfully disagree with you (the caveat being each individual person).

Knowing that you ride an SLR (which is a very skinny saddle), I imagine that you are slight of build and probably dont weigh a great deal...Me, being 6' 5" and weighing around 240ish means that the saddle, position and the way they are set up are all equal (if not the saddle being a bigger part of the pie). I know this from testing many, many saddles, changing the way I sit on a saddle (much more aero now-less upright) and from trying these saddles tilted up-down-sideways and backwards...

We are all different, have different body types and different behinds...

Again, so happy that you have found a saddle that works for you. I hope you feel the same that I have found a saddle that works for me even if you dont find this saddle to be aesthically pleasing.

Steve

rustychisel
11-11-2008, 12:15 AM
our house, is a very very very fine house, with

2 Ariones in the yard, life used to be so hard, now everything is easy 'cause...

we also have another Arione, a FiZik Pave, a FiZik CP Vitesse, a Selle Italia SLR thingamy, oh and an old Turbo

Climb01742
11-11-2008, 05:16 AM
I have worn Levi's 505 jeans since the '60s.

do you mean button fly 501s? 'cause i'm the same. 501s or nuthin'.

ericspin
11-11-2008, 05:35 AM
Hey Steve, I am sure this has been adressed in some of your Swallow posts lately but can you offer a down and dirty review of the Swallow compared to the Swift?

I'm not really looking for a _numbers_ kind of response........more a _seat of the pants......feel_ type of review.

I share your affinity for the B17 and the need to have something a little more aesthetically pleasing. That said, I never did really like the Swift but your Swallow reviews have piqued my interest and I am in the process of an exciting new _racy_ build that begs for a saddle other then my B17.

Thanks.

Eric

LegendRider
11-11-2008, 06:09 AM
On the Zebra Bike . . . Aspide. Like riding on a knife blad. I want to get a black Arione with the white stripe down the middle to match the rest of the bike.

There's a reason that saddle is nicknamed Ass-Bleed.

SpeedyChix
11-11-2008, 07:26 AM
four sadddles

WTB SST
Brooks Pro
Brooks Swift
Brooks Swallow

Which of the Brooks don you find sits/fits most like the WTB SST?

I've got two barely used Devos (one of em carbon) that 'roll off' too sharply compared to the SST. Those are on the shelf and I'm looking for a suitable saddle that was all that the original WTB SST was.

Thanks/A

RudAwkning
11-11-2008, 08:02 AM
1x brown Fizik Arione w/ black stripe
1x black Fizik Arione w/ brown stripe (not in use)
1x black Fizik Arione w/ burnt orange stripe (not in use)
1x white Fizik Arione w/ beige stripe
2x black Fizik Arione
1x arione Tri2
1x Brooks Pro antique brown with chrome rails
1x Brooks Pro honey with ti rails
1x Brooks Pro honey with copper rails
1x Brooks Swallow honey with ti rails (not in use)
1x Brooks B72 black
1x San Marco Concor Supercorsa beige suede (not in use)

SoCalSteve
11-11-2008, 09:52 AM
Hey Steve, I am sure this has been adressed in some of your Swallow posts lately but can you offer a down and dirty review of the Swallow compared to the Swift?

I'm not really looking for a _numbers_ kind of response........more a _seat of the pants......feel_ type of review.

I share your affinity for the B17 and the need to have something a little more aesthetically pleasing. That said, I never did really like the Swift but your Swallow reviews have piqued my interest and I am in the process of an exciting new _racy_ build that begs for a saddle other then my B17.

Thanks.

Eric

I have never used a Swift, so I cannot comment between the two. But, I can comment on my love of the comfort of the B-17 and the beauty of the Swallow...

I think the Swallow looks good on any bike. To my eyes, it just has a real racy look. And, I have found it to be just as comfortable as the B-17 (once it is set up correctly).

I have NOT done any really long rides (Centuries, what have you) on the Swallow, but to me and my behind, it appears to work just as well as a B-17.

Ok, so here is how I came to trying a Swallow: I tried all different width saddles and came up with the 150 width Selle Italia Max Flite...After hearing that a Swallow is just a cut down B-17 Narrow (obviously with different rails) I decided that if the Selle worked at 150, then the swallow would work at 153 and hopefully have the same comfort as the B-17...Well, it does. You cannot move around as much for the "sweet spots", but they are there and it feels just like my B-17 when riding (only a bit narrower).

Give one a try...Buy it from WallBike and then return it if you have to for a full refund.

Good luck!

Steve

BillyBear
11-11-2008, 09:56 AM
...all of the time...2 b-17s, 2 team pros and 1 swift.... :banana:

bigmonter
11-14-2008, 04:41 PM
My saddle inventory and story.

Have:

Fizik Aliante

WTB Pure V

WTB Speed V

B17 Special (Copper Rails)

San Marco Rolls

San Marco Regal

San Marco SKN

Selle Italia Max Flite Gel Flow

Selle Italia Shiver Gel Flow

Wanting to Get:

WTB Vigo

Fizik Antares

SMP Pro and/or Extra

Brooks Swallow

The Aliante came with my Road bike but I no longer want it and plan on selling it soon. I always found it hard to find a comfortable spot on it and after one ride this past summer that felt like I was sitting on a hatchet I decided to embark on a saddle search akin to that of Socal Steve.

Prior to getting my road bike and Aliante I had the WTB Pure V on my Cross bike and never had a problem with it. I thought it might be the "love chanel" that many WTB saddles come with but I also have a MTB that came with a Speed V that was not very comfortable from a width point of view rather than the Aliante hatchet point of uncomfortable. Perhaps it is the Pure V's drop nose as well.

Since the Aliante and Speed V are about the same width 142-143 I figured wider is going to be better. I also felt that looking for flatter on top saddles might just work.

So over the last few months I have picked up the Rolls, Regal, B17, Max Flite, and Shiver.

I got the Max Flite Gel Flow based on Socal Steve's glowing review prior to his Swallow revelation. That is going on the Road bike this week for testing. Not the flattest on top but wide at 153. Have not been on a saddle with a actual cutout so we will see how it goes. The Shiver is similar in size to the Max Flite with actually less side material.

I have the B17 on the cross bike which is on the Cycleops trainer in the garage. So far it is fine. Wanting to semi-break it in before I take it on the road.

When I sit on the B17 I can "feel" two points in contact with the saddle for the first 5-10 minutes, after that I settle in and it feels comfortable. Assuming these are the "sit bone" contact points most are talking about. Will be moving it to the road bike soon to see how I like it on the road.

The newer San Marco saddles appeal to me because many are flat top but they are also very narrow. The SKN is in the mid 140's and it was only $25 at PBK so I figured give it a whirl. Figured if I liked it I would wait to till the 2009 SKN comes out with ti rails which is listed closer to the low 150's in width.

The Regal and Rolls I got from PBK because many say the classic saddles are very comfortable and PBK's prices are very low compared to stateside prices. I figured that at the very least I would be able to sell them for about what I paid for them from PBK if I did not like them.

Looking forward to the WTB Vigo. Its listed in the WTB Catalog as 143 x 280 compared to the 145 x 277 of the Pure V. They look very similar to my eye with the Vigo just being a bit more road specific with less swoop padding in the back.

Also the Fizik Antares looks promising as it is 142 x 275. 142 is on the lower end of the width range for me but it appears in pictures to be flat on top.

The Selle SMP's are intriguing. C bike has a $20 7 day demo program so that one will be an easy try out with little risk.

Finally, based on Socal Steve's raving about the Swallow I will get one of these when I have worked my way through the other saddles.

SoCalSteve
11-14-2008, 05:56 PM
My saddle inventory and story.

Have:

Fizik Aliante

WTB Pure V

WTB Speed V

B17 Special (Copper Rails)

San Marco Rolls

San Marco Regal

San Marco SKN

Selle Italia Max Flite Gel Flow

Selle Italia Shiver Gel Flow

Wanting to Get:

WTB Vigo

Fizik Antares

SMP Pro and/or Extra

Brooks Swallow

The Aliante came with my Road bike but I no longer want it and plan on selling it soon. I always found it hard to find a comfortable spot on it and after one ride this past summer that felt like I was sitting on a hatchet I decided to embark on a saddle search akin to that of Socal Steve.

Prior to getting my road bike and Aliante I had the WTB Pure V on my Cross bike and never had a problem with it. I thought it might be the "love chanel" that many WTB saddles come with but I also have a MTB that came with a Speed V that was not very comfortable from a width point of view rather than the Aliante hatchet point of uncomfortable. Perhaps it is the Pure V's drop nose as well.

Since the Aliante and Speed V are about the same width 142-143 I figured wider is going to be better. I also felt that looking for flatter on top saddles might just work.

So over the last few months I have picked up the Rolls, Regal, B17, Max Flite, and Shiver.

I got the Max Flite Gel Flow based on Socal Steve's glowing review prior to his Swallow revelation. That is going on the Road bike this week for testing. Not the flattest on top but wide at 153. Have not been on a saddle with a actual cutout so we will see how it goes. The Shiver is similar in size to the Max Flite with actually less side material.

I have the B17 on the cross bike which is on the Cycleops trainer in the garage. So far it is fine. Wanting to semi-break it in before I take it on the road.

When I sit on the B17 I can "feel" two points in contact with the saddle for the first 5-10 minutes, after that I settle in and it feels comfortable. Assuming these are the "sit bone" contact points most are talking about. Will be moving it to the road bike soon to see how I like it on the road.

The newer San Marco saddles appeal to me because many are flat top but they are also very narrow. The SKN is in the mid 140's and it was only $25 at PBK so I figured give it a whirl. Figured if I liked it I would wait to till the 2009 SKN comes out with ti rails which is listed closer to the low 150's in width.

The Regal and Rolls I got from PBK because many say the classic saddles are very comfortable and PBK's prices are very low compared to stateside prices. I figured that at the very least I would be able to sell them for about what I paid for them from PBK if I did not like them.

Looking forward to the WTB Vigo. Its listed in the WTB Catalog as 143 x 280 compared to the 145 x 277 of the Pure V. They look very similar to my eye with the Vigo just being a bit more road specific with less swoop padding in the back.

Also the Fizik Antares looks promising as it is 142 x 275. 142 is on the lower end of the width range for me but it appears in pictures to be flat on top.

The Selle SMP's are intriguing. C bike has a $20 7 day demo program so that one will be an easy try out with little risk.

Finally, based on Socal Steve's raving about the Swallow I will get one of these when I have worked my way through the other saddles.

Based on my extensive experience with the B-17 and now the Swallow, I think you will like the Swallow as much...and, its much prettier (especially the Limited Edition model). The only thing you may not like about it is the price...But, ebay works... Live.com works well with ebay, etc, etc...

Thank you for your great posting and your journey, keep us informed.

Steve

WadePatton
11-14-2008, 06:01 PM
All Brooks all the time. Yes-there's an echo in the room.

One Ti 17, two 17's and a B5N. The Swift was too narrow for my hiney and traded it here for the Ti 17.

And a closet full of other stuff.

rounder
11-14-2008, 10:00 PM
A ti regal on the bike i mainly ride and a regular rolls on the other. Also have a new ti rolls in a box. Have also gone through a few regular rolls and selle italia turbos. Obviously am into comfort and not checking out the light stuff.

William
11-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Phhhhhttttt....

All Flite baby! Contrary to Ar's persistence...Brooks just don't do it for me.

William

WadePatton
11-14-2008, 11:45 PM
Phhhhhttttt....

All Flite baby! Contrary to Ar's persistence...Brooks just don't do it for me.William

Hey man, it's your effin butt. As long as you've tried the leather hammock--I gots no beef.

The folks that wear me out are the ones who post a "what saddle?" thread every other day and won't try the leather 'cuz they're heavy or some sillyness like that.

Ride happy.

superunleaded
11-15-2008, 12:59 AM
replacing most of my saddles to Aliante

6 Aliante
2 Brooks Swallow
2 Selle Italia Flite
1 Selle Italia Novus
1 Regal
1 Rolls
1 Avocet Racing 1
1 Avocet Racing 2
1 WTB
1 Brooks B17

will list more if i can find them in the pile :crap:

Tom Kellogg
11-15-2008, 06:01 PM
2 Concour Lite - Spectrum embroidered. One on my road bike, one on my track bike. That is it, all I need. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

rex
11-15-2008, 06:02 PM
2x San Marco Rolls
3x WTB SST
1x Fizik Nisene

rePhil
11-15-2008, 06:20 PM
Three Turbos

michael white
11-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Aliantes on 2 right now
Also in use:
1 Turbo
1 Turbomatic 1 or 2, I think
1 Brooks Pro
1 Rolls

all of the above are favorites, none really better than the others

bigmonter
11-17-2008, 07:21 PM
Based on my extensive experience with the B-17 and now the Swallow, I think you will like the Swallow as much...and, its much prettier (especially the Limited Edition model). The only thing you may not like about it is the price...But, ebay works... Live.com works well with ebay, etc, etc...

Thank you for your great posting and your journey, keep us informed.

Steve

With the exchange rate what it is I have seen the standard rail going for about $150 and the Ti rail version for about $250. When compared to newer type saddles, those prices are not too bad. Not cheap but not the type of stateside price quote I have seen.

Steven

SoCalSteve
11-17-2008, 07:54 PM
With the exchange rate what it is I have seen the standard rail going for about $150 and the Ti rail version for about $250. When compared to newer type saddles, those prices are not too bad. Not cheap but not the type of stateside price quote I have seen.

Steven

Where do you see these prices? Are you talking Swallow or B-17?

The Ti railed retails for close to 500.00 and the steel for about 230.00 or so...

Just curious.

Thanks,

Steve

Seramount
11-18-2008, 09:17 AM
amazing how much inventory some of you guys have...

me, not so much.

2 - Ti Flites
1 - Mn Turbomatic
0 - Brooks (never had, never will)
4 - Levis 501
1 - Levis 505 (yuk)

android
11-18-2008, 01:05 PM
3 x Sella Italia SLR Gel Flow on road and track bikes
1 x Sella Italia SLR T1 on TT bike

Having the same saddle and pedals greatly simplifies keeping the fit across multiple bikes consistent.

SoCalSteve
11-22-2009, 01:46 PM

Between my wife and I...we own 16 saddles.

Steve

Looking back on this thread from a year ago, I have certainly come a long ways...Lost much weight (put some back on) become more flexible, starting riding with faster dudes and just in general have found a saddle (non-Brooks) that I can use for hours at a time and be pretty comfy.

Its a Selle Italia ProLink Gel Flow and I own 7 of them. 6 in white and one lone black version. I am down to 5 bikes as well.

Just sayin'

Steve

mike p
11-22-2009, 02:24 PM
About 8 regular old style flites and about 5 flite evo's. Only shape that fits my butt.

mike

Still the same. Still a fat ass and still like flites!

Mike

Ray
11-22-2009, 02:57 PM
I've had too many over the years to even remember. These days I have Specialized Phenoms (mtb version of the toupe - same dimensions but a bit firmer shell and more padding) on my two main road bikes and B-17s on my fixie, townie, and folder. I still have a few Aliantes, Regals, Rolls, Turbos, and a couple extra B-17s sitting around. That's probably 10% of what I've tried.

-Ray
Changed up since last year. Koobi Xenons on my road bikes. Still have Brooks on my townie and folder. Sold everything else. I know this thread is a year old, but there must have been several other more or less identical ones in the intervening time - I know that I've mentioned these saddles here before and I've seen the same from others...

-Ray

Clydesdale
11-22-2009, 03:09 PM
Between my wife and me... 4 bikes.

and a couple non-regals in the classifieds.

scpknees
11-22-2009, 03:36 PM
6 Regals.
been riding for 20 years and it's the only saddle i've ever tried.If they stop making them I would then try a Rolls.
Im into comfort. could care less about all of the lightweights being offered.

scpknees

sevencyclist
11-23-2009, 12:00 AM
On the bikes
1. Titanium Brooks B17 on Seven Hardtail MTB
2. Titanium Brooks B17 with Sella Anatomica cutout on Richard Sachs Road Bike
3. Brooks Flyer on Surly commputer

In storage for future use
4. Steel Brooks B17

In storage for old time sake
5. Avocet Turbo off Bridgestone MB 0

On the to sell list
6. Sella SMP TRK
7. WTB Rocket Stealth
8. Sella Anatomica

jlwdm
11-23-2009, 07:24 AM
6 Regals.
Im into comfort. could care less about all of the lightweights being offered.

scpknees

Don't confuse comfort with weight. It is all about how you fit on a particular saddle. I have ridden a Selle Italia Kit Carbonio Flow 125 gram saddle about 5000 miles this year and have never once thought about the saddle. No pain - just disappears.

Jeff