PDA

View Full Version : What’s good about the world...

Spectrum Bob
11-13-2004, 07:03 AM
What’s good about the world...

Call me “a glass is half full” type of guy, but I think that if you only focus on what is wrong you will never see what is right.
So let’s try this again:

What is good about the world is that someone invented the bicycle.

keno
11-13-2004, 07:21 AM
Spectrum Bob, whose head isn't screwed on cross-threaded.

keno

Tom Kellogg
11-13-2004, 07:40 AM
I am headed back to the house after working on my bike to get dressed in my cycling duds, head over to the Velo to meet up with the 10:00 ride, will enjoy the company of wonderful folks for a few hours, get shelled a couple of times, arrive home to my wonderful family, feel exhausted, bake cookies... living the dream never ends.

ps. Bob; expect a "package" by UPS on Tuesday :banana:

Sandy
11-13-2004, 07:59 AM
Tom,

The "package" better not be cookies made by Aunt Lynn or Aunt Zoe or Uncle Tom. I think I know what it might be, and it better not be of a "cookie cutter" production mode.

Sandy

Sandy
11-13-2004, 08:08 AM
Dogs are what is good in the world, as they never judge you for what you possess or your political, religious, or ideological views, but easily, quickly, and correctly read what is inside of you- your warmth, sensitivity, devotion, and love, or lack thereof. They easily forgive, never hold grudges, give never ending love, demand very little, and are satisfied with even less. They never compare what they receive to what they give, and they are always there for the ones they love, and often for those that they have just met.

The world could learn a lot from dogs, cats,wolves, deer, birds,.....

Bow Wow Sandy

dbrk
11-13-2004, 09:21 AM
*Mozart's Requiem
*Patrick O'Brian's unfinished "21" on CD read by the redoubtable Patrick Tull
*new pair of Julbo round glacier glasses for this year's snowshoe runs
*Mira the wunderhound who can't do anything but love you (Sandy, Sandy, Sandy...)
*Dreaming of Mariposa, Spectrum steel, Kirk Terraplane, Sachs and Nagasawa (cause there can never be enough of those in this basement...just for the incredible joy they bring me)
*Daughters upstairs having the breakfast I made for them
*A hand written letter received yesterday from Falluja, yes, a student in the Marines and thank goodness she is well...
*new tube of Phil Wood Waterproof Grease which doubles as the base for a fine pasta sauce if only you have the digestion of a crocodile
*Forumpals, all of whom tolerate my incurable exhuberant prolixity, except BD who I think doesn't mind me but finds every post too long (that's okay, pal...)

dbrk
who could easily think up a ton more of what's good in life if only because he can't bring himself to listen to the news for at least another four years, the sleepwalk to environmental catastrophe that seems on-going, the proliferation of carbon bits in the bicycle industry while the oldways go by the board, this list could be just as long...

Andreu
11-13-2004, 10:33 AM
Family
Friends
Cold spring water
Fresh air on a crisp morning
Bread
Wine
Cheese
Olives
Music
Cycling
and
faith....sometimes.

A

slowgoing
11-13-2004, 11:07 AM
my kids will always be at the top of my list.

Russ
11-13-2004, 01:48 PM
Because if we emphasize on all things bad about the world, we would not get anywhere, especially these days!

So, a few "What’s good about the world..."
1) This Forum :)
2) All the buddies I have met via this forum :) :) :)
3) Serotta Bicycles :) :)
4) That there is still good climates and weather left for us to ride our bikes... :) :) :) :)

IMO, there are more good things about this world than bad ones, if not we would be in pretty bad shape!!!

shinomaster
11-13-2004, 01:54 PM
cyclocross!!! :banana:

Kevan
11-13-2004, 04:52 PM
what's good in this world remains so...

oracle
11-13-2004, 04:55 PM
beer? puppies? pinarello dogmas? grizzly bears? the aurora borealis? water? air? food? i guess i could go on.....

Kevin
11-13-2004, 06:04 PM
Kids
Wife
Parents
Siblings
Dogs
Serottas
Money

Len J
11-13-2004, 06:57 PM
I'm with you.

Things that are good in the world:

-The heart of most people
-97% of drivers when I'm riding
-Vanilla Fudge Ice Cream
-Smiles
-Special moments of insight
-That tired wonderful feeling at the end of a hard ride
-Watching your children work their way through real problems.....and being better for it.

So many things, so little time.

Good job Bob!

Len