PDA

View Full Version : Demarchi or Assos

dsimon
11-13-2004, 12:00 AM
given the fact that Demarchi shorts were the inventors for assos shamies give me your opinion would you buy the demarchi contour plus bibs or the f1.mille assos bibs? 129 for the marchi's at bicycling hub and 175 for assos mille at lbs thanks...

Steve K
11-13-2004, 07:50 AM
Csiowner:

I like the Demarchi Contour Plus chamois in respect to it being all one pad with no seams. It is a bit cushy but does feel bulky while riding. The unfortunate aspect to the short is the outer seat material pillows up fast and will wear out well before the lives end of a short should be. I sent my original pair back to the bicycling hub for an exchange. They were very good and sent me a replacement bib. Unfortunately the second pair is doing the same thing. I do have the F1.13 Assos bibs for the last two year. Only recently has the inner thigh starting showing signs of the material thinning out. The F1.13 chamois is not to my liking and like you I have been looking at the F1.Mille. A side note if you look at the higher end Performance shorts (I don’t remember what the name is) the chamois appears to be identical to the ones that came with the Demarchi Contour Plus bibs.

dsimon
11-13-2004, 11:11 AM
so what your saying is that its not really the shamie your worried about its the integrity of the shorts? that really sucks if we spend almost 200 dollars to be comfterble how can we justify this money if they dont even last that long? thanks for the reply :beer:

Steve K
11-13-2004, 12:26 PM
Yes, the integrity of the De Marchi shorts bottom is my concern. Otherwise I think they are great. I'll be watching to see if De Marchi changes the fabric. BTW, I use an smooth Aliante saddle, so I don't think that is an issue with faster wear.

zap
11-13-2004, 04:55 PM
Assos fit me better and have been my fav. for 12+ years. Quality has been spotty over the years with some pairs showing damage after 10 rides and others after 2 years. :confused:

Have one pair of Demarchi but doubt I will purchase another. Prefer fit of Santini over Demarchi.