PDA

View Full Version : Campy dumb questions... again...

Birch
11-06-2008, 10:32 AM
So I'm swapping parts over between bikes. I have a 35mm clamp front derailleur that I am moving over to a bike with a braze on mount.

Are there replacement mounting parts or do I need to get a whole new derailleur?

Thanks!

Dave
11-06-2008, 10:36 AM
I would just get a new one. Even if it could be done, it would be too expensive and time consuming. I've always got excellent prices selling old parts either on E-bay or this forum. I prefer to by braze-on FDs and use a clamp-on adapter. That way, the FD will fit anything.

Pete Serotta
11-06-2008, 10:38 AM
THis is what I do also and have had no problems....Of course SPOKES does all the mechanical work :)

I would just get a new one. Even if it could be done, it would be too expensive and time consuming. I've always got excellent prices selling old parts either on E-bay or this forum. I prefer to by braze-on FDs and use a clamp-on adapter. That way, the FD will fit anything.

93LegendTG
11-06-2008, 10:56 AM
FWIW: all modern Campy Derailleurs, Veloce to Record, use the same clamps or braze-on mounts. If you can puchase a bz-on Campy FD on the cheap, you can switch it over to your better FD. There is only one bolt involved.

Bill Bove
11-06-2008, 11:21 AM
FWIW: all modern Campy Derailleurs, Veloce to Record, use the same clamps or braze-on mounts. If you can puchase a bz-on Campy FD on the cheap, you can switch it over to your better FD. There is only one bolt involved.
That's what I do.