PDA

View Full Version : Closest Selle Italia saddle to Fizik Alliante

dekindy
11-05-2008, 12:57 PM
I want to take advantage of Selle Italia's demo program. What Selle Italia saddle is most like the Fizik Alliante? To say it another way, if you describe your Fizik Alliante as perfect, what Selle Italia saddle do you also like as well or better? If not as well, are there any that are close?

cmg
11-05-2008, 01:10 PM
selle italia saddles tend to be flat. none seem to match the profile of the Aliante. see for yourself http://www.selleitalia.com/eng/index.html You might try the San Marco Regal it kind of has the same shape. Or Just get an Aliante.

Charles M
11-05-2008, 01:19 PM
The Old flight might have come close...

The sit points on the SLR are actually closer than you might note from photography, as there is some shape there, though the overall saddle profile isn't the same.

Idris Icabod
11-05-2008, 04:26 PM
After riding the Aliante for a few years my tallywhacker started to get numb after about 1 hour on the bike. I bought a new Aliante saddle thinking that the old one had worn out but still the numbness. I eventually settled on a SLR flow saddle (the one with the cut out). Initially it was like sitting on a rock after the relative cushion of the Fizik but I have gotten used to it and thankfully no numb scranus. This might be a good fit for you. I am a boney SOB by the way (6'2" and 147lbs).

BrianP
11-05-2008, 07:51 PM
I second the nod for the old flite. The new flite for me is nothing but an improvement. Although the long nose can be bothersome. Having ridden both the flite and aliante it seems to be the most similar.