PDA

View Full Version : Marin CA riders: Ridgecrest open?

PoppaWheelie
11-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Anyone know if Pan-Toll / Ridgecrest is open again at the top of Tam? Last time I was up there it was still shut down for road repair...

Thanks - looking to take my sis up there when she's in town but don't want to haul her up to the top only to be forced back or down to Bolinas. I found an article stating it was to open Oct.3, but it was still closed when I was up there just last week.

Ken Robb
11-03-2008, 04:42 PM
you may find the answer at CHP web site--they list road closures.

John H.
11-03-2008, 05:04 PM
I rode it on Saturday in the storm- it was open though riding across the ridge felt like crossing golden gate in a storm- had to watch the changes in wind.
However, the descents are absolutely covered with leaves and needles- be careful out there.
Also, there is a sign up about some construction scheduled to start on 11/10/2008 just above Alpine Dam. Not sure about the finish date but the road will be totally closed. It would suck to get stopped there and have to bactrack.

PoppaWheelie
11-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Cool...thanks. I did a check w CHP last week...nothing, even though the road was clearly closed. Bummer about BoFax being shut down later this month, but good in the long run if the road is being improved I guess...

Cheers,
Bryan

Der_Kruscher
11-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Awsome - glad to hear that they're going to fix BoFax. It's not too bad when you're climbing it but decending is sketchy. Unfortunately I can't tell you anything about whether Ridgecrest is open or not. Hopefully you and your sis can get a good ride in though.

Cool...thanks. I did a check w CHP last week...nothing, even though the road was clearly closed. Bummer about BoFax being shut down later this month, but good in the long run if the road is being improved I guess...

Cheers,
Bryan