PDA

View Full Version : Love & Prayers

1happygirl
11-02-2008, 03:54 PM
I was introduced to the website FatCyclist.com through this forum and have continued to send good wishes/prayers to a good man (fat cyclist) and his family through difficult times.

Please send prayers and good wishes his way as he is going through a difficult time right now and it appears that the outcome is not what everyone was hoping for. His wife is not doing well and has been put on Hospice.

In his last blog entry he stresses the importance of letting those close to you know how you feel.

Go forth and verbalize today. A powerful reminder.

mike p
11-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Amen, thanks for sharing.

Mike

Steelhead
11-03-2008, 09:05 AM
I read Fatty's post the other night after things took the turn for the worse and cried all over the key board. Not only at the sad news and difficult time his family is in, but also at the 400+ comments from cyclists around the globe that had poured in. :)

paczki
11-03-2008, 11:47 AM
That is very, very sad.

chuckred
11-03-2008, 12:27 PM
I count Elden as "an acquaintance" - running into him every year in Leadville. I've met Susan. They don't deserve the hell they are going through - not that, in most cases anyway, anyone does....

I think he takes tremendous comfort in knowing that people are concerned.

I know I've also learned from his open expression of his feelings (as a guy, I'd probably rather discuss anything except "feelings").