PDA

View Full Version : Shower Pass Elite 2.0 and Club Jacket...

Pete Serotta
10-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Just saw these and I could not get over the quality and functionality....If you are in the market for a rain or a wind/raing jacket - they are worth a look. :)

gdw
10-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Great quality at a fair price from an American company. Too bad they don't offer them in Prince of Wales check. :D

rwsaunders
10-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Good jackets and an American company yes, but the one that I had was made in Thailand. From their website....We design our products in the Pacific Northwest, and source production world-wide. Our contractors ensure good working conditions and pay the prevailing wage.

xjoex
10-30-2008, 05:48 PM
http://bp0.blogger.com/_Jz4f840sc_c/R9LtUcJn9dI/AAAAAAAAAn8/Cu0psQispL4/s400/100_0871.jpg

I bought the elite 2.0 last year, along with the hood.
It is the nicest rain jacket I have owned for cycling. The real nice feature is just how many vents it has.

Worth the money.

Here are some more pics and reviews of the jacket. (http://robonza.blogspot.com/2008/03/review-showers-pass-elite-20-cycling.html)

-Joe

gdw
10-30-2008, 05:58 PM
I've looked at the website in the past and knew that they used overseas manufacturers but at least they are owned by Americans and have their home office here. I prefer to keep my money in country when possible but it's not easy especially when it comes to cycling gear.

Johnnyg
10-30-2008, 06:53 PM
Pete I have had mine for one year and love it. Recommend it highly. JohnnyG

Mshue
10-30-2008, 08:13 PM
but is there something equivalent for the lower half? What do you guys who have this jacket do for your legs?

xjoex
10-30-2008, 08:51 PM
I wear a pair of (mountain hardwear) goretex paclite pants with full side zips.

If it is just mildly raining I'll just wear warm tights or knickers.

-Joe

jbrainin
10-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Showers Pass also make a very nice pair of rain pants that fit over tights or commuting clothes.

Climb01742
10-31-2008, 03:21 AM
another thumbs up for showers pass jackets. i wear a bright orange rain jacket from them for commuting and let's just say i'm visible. given how many crazy drivers there are out there, that's comforting. high quality, long lasting and very well cut.

dauwhe
10-31-2008, 05:59 AM
but is there something equivalent for the lower half? What do you guys who have this jacket do for your legs?

Cold and wet = Pearl Izumi AmFib tights

Really really bad rain = RainLegs (http://www.rainlegs.co.uk/) (a great invention!)

Dave

jchasse
10-31-2008, 10:49 AM
I actually have two identical orange SP jackets, one in Med for layering over just a jersey, and one in LG for over cold-weather layers. Great jackets. And yes, highly visble. :)

I find they actually feel weird when youre just standing, but when you are in riding position, perfecto!

Mshue
10-31-2008, 12:53 PM
Cold and wet = Pearl Izumi AmFib tights

Really really bad rain = RainLegs (http://www.rainlegs.co.uk/) (a great invention!)

Dave

The rain legs look interesting - reasonably priced, too.

I think I need to get me some of those AmFib tights. I hear lots of good things about them.

Volant
10-31-2008, 01:05 PM
Showerspass will be bringing out rain pants made from eVent. :banana: They'll be expensive, but, my eVent jackets have been the BEST for wet weather (they actually breathe unlike GoreTex).

fierte_poser
10-31-2008, 01:42 PM
I think water proof jackets make sense because your torso/arms are relatively motionless when riding.

However, I just don't know about wrapping up your entire legs in something 'shell' like because your hips and knees are always in motion. Its a different set of requirements than your upper body. Full fenders will keep your shins/calves/hamstrings mostly dry, and shoe covers should keep your feet dry. Maybe long tights and the rain legs are the best bet for the legs in full on rain?

Anyone else feel this way? I am thinking of long training rides in the rain, rather than commuting to and from work.

Kent