PDA

View Full Version : Time RXS Ti Pedals

sencha
10-30-2008, 02:28 PM
I have been thinking about switching out my Speedplay pedals for the Time RXS Ti Carbon Pedals. Anyone have an opinion on them?

93LegendTG
10-30-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm too big for the Ti version, but I have the RXS Carbons and have zero complaints; an excellent pedal. I used Looks for years until I could no longer stand dealing with the squeak.

kipjac
10-30-2008, 04:03 PM
I have been thinking about switching out my Speedplay pedals for the Time RXS Ti Carbon Pedals. Anyone have an opinion on them?

I've had a pair of 'em on my Crumpton for the past two seasons. I like them alot. The click-in feels solid and I've never disengaged from them inadvertantly. I basically have ignored them; they've never been lubed, are quiet, no binding at the bearings, etc. I have nothing negative to say about 'em at all.

malcolm
10-30-2008, 04:14 PM
I've been on old style looks for years currently CX6 and I'm thinking of switching since they are becoming rare with the advent of the keo. Which pedal has the lower stack height the keo or the time? How about ease of entry/exit?

A.L.Breguet
10-30-2008, 04:49 PM
Got 'em, love 'em.

Johnnyg
10-30-2008, 07:02 PM
I've been using them for three years or so and have no issues. Time has a new model out so the older ones should be less money. Enjoy. JohnnyG

happycampyer
10-30-2008, 10:49 PM
I had been using Keo's for a long time and decided to give the RXS's a try. There are things I really like about them, in particular, the super positive "pop" when they disengage--the Keo's are definitely more vague by comparison. I never found the lateral + angular float to do much for me, but I know for some it's a knee-saver.

However, I found that I had a harder time hooking (or whatever you call it) them with the cleat, so I ended up going back to the Keo's. So, I've got 2 pairs of the RXS Ti's lying around that I was planning to put on the classifieds one of these days...

cycl42
10-31-2008, 05:16 AM
I had used Time for the last 15 years, starting with some of their first pedals, Impact and the RXS. I had a pair of the RXS and liked them, however, with use the body wears down and creates a situation where my foot had a slight rocking to it which I found very annoying. It happened on the pedal that I took my foot out of the most. Unfortunately since the wear is to the pedal body, the only way to correct this was buy new pedals. I switched to the Shimano 7810 which has a repalaceable metal piece under the sole and have been very happy with them.

jemoryl
10-31-2008, 06:53 AM
Another thumbs-up for the RXS series of pedals. I wouldn't get the Ti axle, Time or other brands....

coloclimber
10-31-2008, 10:31 AM
I had the RXS ti's and just switched to speedplay when I had some custom shoes made for a lower stack height. I liked the RXSs better than the speedplays- more secure feeling and side to side float.

TAW
10-31-2008, 11:25 AM
I have the RXS carbons, and I like them much better than speedplays, primarily because of the bigger platforms. My personal opinion is that I like the Look pedals a little better overall than the Times. I haven't had any problems with the Times, I just like the way the Looks engage. I switched to Times because of the squeaking problem from the older Looks. I have had some squeaking with the Time Carbons as well, but not nearly as severe.

JGardner
10-31-2008, 12:03 PM
The RXS is the third generation of Time pedals that I use. I like them. Here's a review by Tom Demerly that you use a a reference. Hope this helps.

Time RXS pedals (http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/features/rxspedals.shtml)