PDA

View Full Version : CSI vs CDA

mso
10-30-2008, 01:28 PM
How would you compare the ride of these two frames?

Which one would more resemble the ride of a vintage italian 80's frame like a De Rosa or Cinelli.

Ken Robb
10-30-2008, 03:27 PM
the stock bikes should ride the same. If either one is a custom you would have to know its design parameters.

Pete Serotta
10-30-2008, 03:36 PM
CSI and CDA should ride the same(as each other) with the same fork and geometry. As to a 80s italian bike (or a SEROTTA) they will not be as lite nor as lively because of the advanced tubing used in the newer frames( 25 years evolution)

Smiley
10-30-2008, 03:43 PM

Which one would more resemble the ride of a vintage italian 80's frame like a De Rosa or Cinelli.
DEPENDS, if the new CDA has the Nobium tubing then I think the CDA will be a lighter and nicer ride, I don't think the oversized tubing I have on my CDA aka Uniscasi could ever fit into a modern day lugset of a CSI.

Brian Smith
10-30-2008, 05:06 PM

I think neither 80s italian frame has much in common with a CSi nor a CDA.
The Serottas, if of the same year, are about as comparable to each other as are the 80s DeRosa and Cinelli.
The frames you mention are more comparable to a Nova Special or the like from Serotta, something pre- CSi or CDA, pre- Colorado even.