PDA

View Full Version : Bicycle attacked cheetah

fiamme red
10-30-2008, 11:55 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/3279439/Boy-finds-cheetah-in-his-garden.html

When a nine-year-old boy ran to his mother shouting that there was a cheetah in the garden, she dismissed his claims as childhood excitement.

But when Julie-Ann Taylor looked out of the kitchen window she realising the surprising truth and saw a big cat attacking her son's bicycle.

The 6ft long animal was just 15 feet from her son Toby when he spotted it. He dropped the bicycle he had been playing with and fled.

As he reached the house the three-year-old, 66lb (30kg) cheetah bit chunks out of the saddle and ripped the tyres with its claws.

Blue Jays
10-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Wow. Wild story. Hope everyone is fine.
I knew a heavily-muscled and good-looking racer who once got home from a ride and was mauled by an eager cougar in his driveway.

Acotts
10-30-2008, 12:08 PM
All you need to do is bop it on the nose. Animals hate that. Especially sharks.

Ken Robb
10-30-2008, 12:09 PM
cheetahs are known to be faster than others animals that's why they are banned from bicycle races.

Erik.Lazdins
10-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Toby had some excitement!

Saw a deer, a raccoon, and a coyote this morning - The deer jumped and bounded away, the raccoon ran away and up a tree, the coyote was headed towards me - I hissed at it to get his/her attention - the coyote 180'd then trotted sideways for about 50 yards until it vanished in the woods.

ti_boi
10-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Cheetah make delicious bar b que.....

johnnymossville
10-30-2008, 12:33 PM
cheetah skin rugs are cool in a manly man office type setting.

Cinci Jim
10-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Where are Harold & Kumar when you need them?

BumbleBeeDave
10-30-2008, 01:09 PM
. . . why this graceful cat might want to get into bike racing. After all, the cheetah IS the fastest land animal. But he should know it's not going to work. Hasn't he heard that cheetahs never prosper?

BBD

yodelinpol
10-30-2008, 01:32 PM
I knew a heavily-muscled and good-looking racer who once got home from a ride and was mauled by an eager cougar in his driveway.

I hope he escaped....but then again some cougars drive jaguars...

johnnymossville
10-30-2008, 01:35 PM

LOL. Getting attacked by one of those cougars might be fun, but you wouldn't want momma watching from the kitchen.

Cinci Jim
10-30-2008, 01:41 PM

Talk about cougars - sometime check out Buffalo Bill's at Whistler!

Blue Jays
10-30-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm glad you all think you are having fun at my friend's expense.
This cougar was likely older and wiser than him and attacked him with wild-eyed abandon as if he was just a piece of raw meat.
It's very tragic and a miracle he survived.

Volant
10-30-2008, 03:19 PM
. . . cheetahs never prosper?

BBD

Oy, that's bad.

Ken Robb
10-30-2008, 03:25 PM
. . . why this graceful cat might want to get into bike racing. After all, the cheetah IS the fastest land animal. But he should know it's not going to work. Hasn't he heard that cheetahs never prosper?

BBD

well the guys from Boston know I was trying to be funny about "cheetahs" like Landis. :rolleyes:

BumbleBeeDave
10-30-2008, 04:11 PM
I'm glad you all think you are having fun at my friend's expense.
This cougar was likely older and wiser than him and attacked him with wild-eyed abandon as if he was just a piece of raw meat.
It's very tragic and a miracle he survived.

I was not meaning to make fun of your friend. I was referring only to the cheetah. I have read other stories of mountain bikers and runners attacked by mountain lions--one MTB'er was killed in California. It's indeed tragic and I'm very sorry if any of my remarks came across as insensitive.

BBD

Blue Jays
10-30-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm very sorry if any of my remarks came across as insensitive.Yes, because eager & lithe cougars are on the prowl in affluent suburban neighborhoods as we speak!!

Viper
10-30-2008, 04:41 PM
I was attacked at the Cheetah Club, once.

:beer:

yodelinpol
10-30-2008, 04:59 PM

I honestly thought you were making a cougar joke, so i was just adding on. If you are being serious, then i apologize. The 'heavily-muscled and good-looking' part made me think you were kidding... now if you WERE kidding then you are a better joker than myself, because you suckered me into the apology. If so, then touche'....

Peace.

YP

Blue Jays
10-30-2008, 05:03 PM
"...I honestly thought you were making a cougar joke, so i was just adding on. If you are being serious, then i apologize. The 'heavily-muscled and good-looking' part made me think you were kidding... now if you WERE kidding than you are a better joker than myself, because you suckered me into the apology. If so, then touche'. Peace..."An adept & experienced cougar will carefully stalk for a protracted period before commencing their dangerous dance of death.

BumbleBeeDave
10-30-2008, 05:07 PM
An adept & experienced cougar will carefully stalk for a protracted period before commencing their dangerous dance of death.

. . . in the "OT" section of the forum? :p

BBD

yodelinpol
10-30-2008, 05:08 PM
:crap:

Blue Jays
10-30-2008, 05:17 PM
"...in the "OT" section of the forum?..." :pAbsolutely, positively! :beer:

Russell
10-31-2008, 07:06 AM
All you need to do is bop it on the nose. Animals hate that. Especially sharks.
I'll remember to do that after I sh*t my pants.

sg8357
10-31-2008, 08:18 AM

Where is Viper when you need him?, I think he carries, has a Bianchi
on his Bianchi, if you know what I mean.

Viper
10-31-2008, 08:27 AM

It would most likely be your bathing suit. :)

I'm negotiating with Quint atmo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu5ElCl9pzA

:beer:

fiamme red
10-31-2008, 08:57 AM
Of course I meant "Bicycle attacked by cheetah."

As for cougars, I'd be very, very scared if I met one in the wild. I don't think my Zefal frame pump could faze it much.

Of the two-legged, female "cougar" I have no fear at all (I'm not heavily-muscled or good-looking and I don't wear Rapha or Assos). On the other hand, I'd be very careful not to provoke the jealousy of a woman with the alter-ego of a panther (see Tourneur's film "Cat People").

jamesau
10-31-2008, 04:13 PM
The Sequel...Cheetah Attacks on Bicycle!

cadence90
10-31-2008, 07:30 PM
What the heck is up with the cheetahs these days? :confused:

(Unless this is a really bad Samuel Jackson sequel that I haven't heard about yet.)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081031/ap_on_fe_st/odd_cheetahs_on_plane

Cheetahs on plane: Animal gets loose in cargo hold

Fri Oct 31
ATLANTA –
"A Delta baggage worker got a bit of a fright before Halloween when she opened a jetliner's cargo door and found a cheetah running loose amid the luggage. Two cheetahs were being flown in the cargo area of a Boeing 757 passenger flight from Portland, Ore., to Atlanta on Thursday when one escaped from its cage, Delta spokeswoman Betsy Talton said Friday.

"They told us a large animal had gotten out of a container in the cargo hold and they were having to send someone to tranquilize it," said one passenger, Lee Sentell of Montgomery, Ala.

He said luggage was delayed, but baggage handlers promised to send his bags to him in Alabama.

The good news for passengers: The escaped cheetah didn't damage any of their luggage.

The airline summoned help from Zoo Atlanta, and experts rushed to a closed airport hangar and tranquilized the escaped animal and took both big cats to the zoo.

Both 1-year-old female cheetahs were on their way from the Wildlife Safari Park in Winston, Ore., to the Memphis Zoo in Tennessee, Memphis Zoo spokesman Drew Smith said in an e-mail. He said the two cheetahs will stay a few days at the zoo in Atlanta until the Memphis Zoo gets a team together to fetch them.

The cheetahs are on loan to the Memphis Zoo, but Smith said he wasn't sure how long they would stay there."

Dekonick
10-31-2008, 07:48 PM
The Sequel...Cheetah Attacks on Bicycle!

Boy that is a horrible fit. Stem too short...