PDA

View Full Version : Rapha tweed softshell

fiamme red
10-30-2008, 10:34 AM
http://www.rapha.cc/index.php?page=539

"A flamboyant interpretation of Rapha’s Classic Softshell, the Tweed Softshell is a limited edition of 100 pieces. Guaranteed to turn heads, this highly technical jacket takes urban riding luxury to new heights."

:rolleyes:

dancinkozmo
10-30-2008, 10:47 AM
good price...if i sell all my 401k (as of today) i'll just have enough cash to get one :)

gdw
10-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Has anyone else noticed that Ralpha doesn't acknowledge the existance of half the world's population..... you know, women? Kind of odd isn't it?

BumbleBeeDave
10-30-2008, 11:46 AM
. . . of those 100 pieces, since I'm sure there are at least 100 posers with more money than sense somewhere in the world. :rolleyes:

BBD

Birddog
10-30-2008, 11:58 AM
Has anyone else noticed that Ralpha doesn't acknowledge the existance of half the world's population..... you know, women? Kind of odd isn't it?
But only about 10% of cyclists, at least in this part of the USA.

I'm more curious about the application of the offset zipper. I hate those things, does anybody like them? why?

Birddog.

gdw
10-30-2008, 12:09 PM
But women spend more on clothes than men........ sorry, I stand corrected. I forgot that we're talking about roadies. :banana:

Ahneida Ride
10-30-2008, 12:12 PM
I checked out their clearence section ...

125 frn for golves ? Come on ..... I see a bit of a mark up here.

Lifelover
10-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Wow

That is super cool! I wish there were more cycling garments that encouraged us to look like normal people.

However, I barely have more than $750 invested in one of the six bikes that I ride.

Maybe if Jack B. wears a XXL I can find one on the used market :banana:

johnnymossville
10-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Limited Edition of 100 Pieces. Hmm. Well I'm sure they made 1 anyway. I see it right there in the picture. Yep, there ya go.

I really need to learn how to sew. My mom designs and sews wedding gowns. I see a business opportunity here.

Gothard
10-30-2008, 01:06 PM
When I see one in the rain, dirty and with the scars from a previous fall, I'll believe. Until then, poser jacket.

Not that it's wrong, but myself, I prefer to use stuff and gauge its value by its purpose and the way it fulfills it. If it is the best, then price be damned. Until then... :rolleyes:

yodelinpol
10-30-2008, 01:17 PM
. . . of those 100 pieces, since I'm sure there are at least 100 posers with more money than sense somewhere in the world. :rolleyes:

BBD

I am pretty much a poser if I wear any cycling clothes at all! :D

rwsaunders
10-30-2008, 04:19 PM
When I see one in the rain, dirty and with the scars from a previous fall, I'll believe. Until then, poser jacket.

Not that it's wrong, but myself, I prefer to use stuff and gauge its value by its purpose and the way it fulfills it. If it is the best, then price be damned. Until then... :rolleyes:

No.....here's a poseur jersey.

benb
10-30-2008, 04:40 PM
Given it's looks you can probably find something that will fool most people at your local Salvation Army or thrift store.

I mean isn't that mostly the look that Rapha is trying to make expensive? Lots of "urban hipsters' buy vintage goodwill stuff.

You're not going to find that Andy Hampsten jersey, etc.. but some of the Rapha stuff you can probably find cheap somewhere else.

Pete Serotta
10-30-2008, 04:45 PM
They have YOUR name on them :D cheap at a 1/3 of the frn ;)

I checked out their clearence section ...

125 frn for golves ? Come on ..... I see a bit of a mark up here.