PDA

View Full Version : Chris King & Salsa Anodization Match?

Der_Kruscher
10-30-2008, 10:34 AM
Gang,

Anyone know how well the King red anodization matches the Salsa red ano? Just wondering as I build my new steed...I'm going with a red King headset and I like the Salsa Lip Lock seatpost clamps a bunch but I want to make sure that they are close in color. Yes, I'm going to geek out a little on aesthetics :)

Thanks!

cp43
10-30-2008, 10:40 AM
The last bike I built had a red Hope headset and a red Hope seatpost clamp. If I held them right next to each other they were off a little, on the bike they're too far apart to tell. The hubs are the same way, both red Hopes, next to each other they're a little off, on the bike, you can't tell.

I don't know how close the King and Salsa colors are, but my guess would be that if they look close in pics, they'll be close enough that once they're on the bike no one will notice if they're off a little.

Chris

SadieKate
10-30-2008, 10:42 AM
I don't think anyone can answer that unless they have the two parts in their hands. Anodization is like dye. Results vary each time. I know, I've seen the same color from the same brand not match.

You probably should work with a vendor who carries a lot of both so they can hand pick the items. I know www.webcyclery.com has both CK and Salsa stuff in stock and could probably provide a better opinion of close matches. IRD is also an option for red seat collars.

Mikej
10-31-2008, 05:47 AM
Just sayin'