PDA

View Full Version : The Friuta Rocks Rock

dogdriver
10-30-2008, 09:03 AM
Hey all-- Just back from a weekend riding the dirt in Fruita. It rocks, Over the Edge Cycling rocks, Troy (the owner) rocks, Penny (the shop dog) rocks. Attached are a cupla pics-- forumite Lincoln ripping down Joe's Ridge, and yours truly wincing up a grade. This place is basically a labor of love by Troy and his buds, created from nothing over the last 15 years on BLM land. Go there, ride your butt off, buy lots of stuff from Troy.

Cheers, Chris

false_Aest
10-30-2008, 10:40 AM
That's rad!

myette10
10-30-2008, 02:01 PM
Where are all the rocks? and roots? that actually looks fun!

sincerely - every New England mountain biker

Lincoln
10-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Where are all the rocks? and roots? that actually looks fun!

sincerely - every New England mountain biker

I grew up in VT so I know what you are talking about. No roots, plenty of rocks on lots of the trails (just not those in the pictures). The difference is being dry even the rocks are more manageable (well, except for that one, right Chris?).

I remember doing the NORBA national series race @ Mt Snow in cr@ppy weather, not fun.

Pete Serotta
10-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Man that looks like FUN!!!!! Thanks for sharing,, Is that Fruita Colorado or where?

SadieKate
10-30-2008, 04:25 PM
There is more than one Fruita? :confused:

That place is sooooo on my list.

dogdriver
10-30-2008, 04:35 PM
No roots, plenty of rocks on lots of the trails (just not those in the pictures). The difference is being dry even the rocks are more manageable (well, except for that one, right Chris?).

Oh, yeah, THAT rock. It was staring at me for 3 days...

Satellite
10-30-2008, 04:44 PM
Man that looks like FUN!!!!! Thanks for sharing,, Is that Fruita Colorado or where?
Yep that is Fruita Colorado 18rd to be exact. If you want rocks you have to go to Koapelli(sp?) or Mira Monty/Tabauash(sp?) the Colorado National Monument (darn Indian spellings).

Oh how I miss mountain biking on the Western Slope of Colorado. I am heading to Boulder for the ROCKY MOUNTIAN BICYCLE SHOW this weekend hope to get in some great road riding.

Satellite

Pete Serotta
10-30-2008, 04:50 PM
There is more than one Fruita? :confused:

That place is sooooo on my list.

Yep, one in Western NC...but I knew it was not that because of the lack of trees....

SadieKate
10-30-2008, 04:54 PM
How about the lack of water? And the capital F? :p

Pete Serotta
10-30-2008, 04:56 PM
How about the lack of water? And the capital F?

:p
:beer: :beer:

Blue Jays
10-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Love how the long singletrack trail disappears into the horizon waaaaayyyyy in the distance. Very cool.