PDA

View Full Version : i won my case

paulandmonster
10-29-2008, 05:59 PM
i just won my case with bus company after all the fees lawyers blah blah blah i walked with 7200 what would you do all monet to bike since thats what i won it for.

Tailwinds
10-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Glad u finally "won."

When I "win" next year, I might end up getting another bike. I'm expecting enough to do that and then some. First priority, though -- INVEST.

johnnymossville
10-29-2008, 06:10 PM
i just won my case with bus company after all the fees lawyers blah blah blah i walked with 7200 what would you do all monet to bike since thats what i won it for.

Glad to hear you won the case. I'd probably start looking for a frame builder, starting yesterday. Get fitted and place an order for a road bike, shop for components while frame is being built. Hope it's built by spring. Then,.... Take a week off work, go somewhere to warm weather with lots of empty roads and hills and ride it for a week.

Whatever you do, have fun. :)

sbornia
10-29-2008, 06:10 PM

Congrats!

You're in Philly, right? What do youse think of a custom Spectrum? That's what I'd do if I moved back there. Your budget would more or less cover a Ti frame, Chorus or DA, and some nice-but-not-exotic wheels. Best of all, you get to work with one of the best fitters in the country.

paulandmonster
10-29-2008, 06:14 PM
investing is not option for me allthough there are some great stock buys now. i feel the monaey was awarded for damage to bike so thats where money should go. that being said im thinking of selling my c40 record equiped with neutron wheels. between that sale and money i should come up with a sweet ride.

maunahaole
10-29-2008, 06:48 PM
I second the idea of the custom spectrum - you could have it soon, AND you could put the neutrons on it as well, that is, if you don't give them to me.

You could always buy a SEROTTA. I hear that they have a good online community and make a nice bike, too. ;)

Chad Engle
10-29-2008, 06:50 PM
If I were you I would call Mr. Kirk immediately.

Maybe lugs, maybe not, definitely cool bendy stays. :cool:

No disrepect meant to our hosts I already have one of theirs.

My $.02. Whatever you choose, enjoy!! Buying a new bike is always exciting. :beer:

BumbleBeeDave
10-29-2008, 07:01 PM
. . .that Serotta Legend is a great bike. I've been very happy with mine these past 7 years.

BBD

SoCalSteve
10-29-2008, 07:04 PM
I second the idea of the custom spectrum - you could have it soon, AND you could put the neutrons on it as well, that is, if you don't give them to me.

You could always buy a SEROTTA. I hear that they have a good online community and make a nice bike, too. ;)

I'll second that notion! Give Kelly B. a call and get the ball rolling on a Legend with the ST rear end...Thats a nice bike!

Congrats and good luck!

Steve

avalonracing
10-29-2008, 07:52 PM
investing is not option for me allthough there are some great stock buys now. i feel the monaey was awarded for damage to bike so thats where money should go. that being said im thinking of selling my c40 record equiped with neutron wheels. between that sale and money i should come up with a sweet ride.

Use any extra for insurance!

Peter B
10-29-2008, 08:42 PM
Glad to hear you won.

I can't say enough good things about Dazza (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=50846). And the exchange rate yesterday was $1US = $1.62AUD. Makes his price pretty attractive.

Peter

Dekonick
10-29-2008, 08:52 PM

AND as good 20% discount for the heritage collection to boot!

paulandmonster
10-29-2008, 09:07 PM
serootas a great that aussie bike looks great im thinking super record bora wheels frame who knows ive been a nago man for years now after many many bikes. well ive got a month to figure it out maybe wait on parts and get a nice trainer to get me through winter.

mikki
10-29-2008, 09:26 PM
So glad to hear that you are victorious!!

My bike came through my accident better than my body did...no damage whatsoever to the frame but the carbon fiber components like handlebars, and wheel. Like you, I would have gotten a new bike first if she were severely damaged.

Did you get hurt at all?

So glad you are okay and that you won.

Such a burden to have so many bikes to choose from, eh?

paulandmonster
10-29-2008, 10:35 PM
banged up pretty good. but in the end whats a few more scars. actuallt the bike just got its front wheel runover the rest came out pretty good. the reason i took it so far was they tried to deny it. then at the deposition they came up with vacuum theory which i dispelled very strongly and quickly then they tried to split blame came in wth a low numbber. i dint budge as i told my lawyer my story never changed after 18 months because the truth dosent change. so to all of you out there dont budge be well dressed and well spoken and firm dont give in and dont go for too much. i asked for all med bills and cost of replacement which is what i got then of course lawyer took his cut but in the end they paid for what they did no more no less. allthough they tried for less. i could have gone farther perhaps gotten more maybe another 5g in my pocket but it wasnt worth risk and to be honest i think they paid proper amount now if it were only possible without lawyers. but thats another thread which i wont even go into.

MartyE
10-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Congratulations on the win.
Only thing I would have done different is asked for lawyers and court fees.

+1 on the Legend, and the Heritage series look awfully nice.

Marty

paulandmonster
10-29-2008, 11:00 PM
back and forth on that but in the end it was my word against theirs so im glad truth prevailed like i said i could have gotten more but also could have lost all so you take what you can get and not push it which in the end i believe is why i won.

Geoff
10-30-2008, 06:56 AM
back and forth on that but in the end it was my word against theirs so im glad truth prevailed like i said i could have gotten more but also could have lost all so you take what you can get and not push it which in the end i believe is why i won.

Bravo! Way to many greedy people today. Very refreshing to hear. I got hit in college and teh driver got a ticket, the insurance company wouldnt even respond until i had a friends dad who was an lawyer write a letter. I did the same, just wanted my costs covered. In the end they coverd my costs about (5000). Ammazing what some pictures of a competely road rashed face will do.

G

mikki
10-30-2008, 09:10 PM
... to be honest i think they paid proper amount now if it were only possible without lawyers. but thats another thread which i wont even go into.

Well, now that you mentioned it, I am probably going to play the fool, but am planning (and researching in law library) to settle mine myself with the insurance company. They will probably force my hand at some point to hire an attorney, but I have already spoken with an atty who is willing to have their fees come out of what they can get BEYOND what I am offered. Only fair if I have done all of the work. I plan to be entirely fair but would rather NOT offer up 33% if I can possibly handle it myself. (3 broken bones, 4 weeks out of work etc. etc.).

What bike have you decided to get?

Dekonick
10-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Well, now that you mentioned it, I am probably going to play the fool, but am planning (and researching in law library) to settle mine myself with the insurance company. They will probably force my hand at some point to hire an attorney, but I have already spoken with an atty who is willing to have their fees come out of what they can get BEYOND what I am offered. Only fair if I have done all of the work. I plan to be entirely fair but would rather NOT offer up 33% if I can possibly handle it myself. (3 broken bones, 4 weeks out of work etc. etc.).

What bike have you decided to get?

3 to 5 times your medical expenses is the norm I think...

ksroadie
10-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Crumpton SL or Parlee Z1 with Campy Super Record!

Blue Jays
10-30-2008, 10:09 PM
"...Crumpton SL or Parlee Z1 with Campy Super Record!..."Figure likely somewhere north of $12,000 depending on wheels, saddle, handlebar, & stem chosen.