PDA

View Full Version : Having a Bad Time

keno
12-12-2003, 01:27 AM
In setting up my account, I screwed up and put myself in the wrong time zone. How do I correct this?

keno

dnovo
12-12-2003, 05:20 AM
Hit the "user cp" (user control panel) and then go to the button that allows you to edit your profile. That should allow you to correct or modify your settings. Dave N. (who is up early to ride, saw that it is 7 degrees outside on the home weather station screen, and has just finished a warm, lovely, and outstanding ride through the French countryside -- on his Tacx I-magic!)

keno
12-12-2003, 05:32 AM
Thanks. I thought I am on Eastern time, but it turns out I'm on Atlantic time. Go figure.

keno

dnovo
12-12-2003, 05:37 AM
That's okay, I'm on 19th Century time. Dave N.

TmcDet
12-12-2003, 07:17 AM
I could have sworn I would be on Central standard time......the daylights savings thing must be affecting the time here

admin
12-12-2003, 07:24 AM
Hello everyone,

This new forum software we are using, for some odd reason, doesn't take daylight savings into effect.

So to show the correct time, you will have to use a time zone ahead, and then set it back in April.

Sorry!

Alyson

Keith A
12-12-2003, 07:26 AM
Keno -- I did the same thing, I set it to Eastern Time but this was an hour off as you noticed and changed this to Atlantic time. It will be interesting to see what happens when daylight savings kicks in.

keno
12-12-2003, 07:38 AM
When I read your reply to my message it was dark outside and about 6:30 here and you, 900 miles west would have gone for a ride were it not 7 degrees? You have one of those miner helmets/

keno

dnovo
12-12-2003, 01:52 PM
It was 5:30 by me when I posted that. I had gotten up about 4:30 to see if I was going to ride. I may be nuts, but I am not stupid. I-magic time not outside when it is that cold. I will do it on a weekend when I have enough time to REALLY layer up.

Was it dark? Sure which is why I have a NiteRider and one of the new Cateye 'cubes.' Miner helmets are too heavy.

I am normally up between 4:30 and 5 am. I got used to that hour since there were a lot of times I had to get up and run to the airport to catch a flight out for a dep or a hearing. After too many years of that, your internal alarm clock just goes off, so now I try to get in a ride every morning if I can before coming in, shower and shave, and head for the train to go to the office. In the Spring and Summer, it is fairly light by 5 so riding is fun, watching the Sun come up over the Lake.

Plus, us eldery types sleep less to begin with. Dave N.